Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Reverse Engineering

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rivnen
01.20.2012 , 10:14 AM | #881
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiCrazy View Post
does anyone know if pvp gear/mods can be RE'd to learn a schematic?

They cannot.

Thundergulch
01.20.2012 , 10:44 AM | #882
Many thanks to the OP for putting this together!

GeorgZoeller
01.20.2012 , 11:52 AM | #883 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Just wanted to drop in and acknowledge this thread as a great source of information and feedback.

We're actively monitoring it for your posts and comments.

As I mentioned before, we are working on improving and extending crafting and reverse engineering and your comments in threads like this one are very useful to us.

-- Georg

GeekGrrly
01.20.2012 , 12:16 PM | #884
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
But I got several blue upgrades last night, so it's definately NOT broken.
I haven't had any trouble getting blues, but I haven't managed to get a single purple since Tuesday/Wednesday's update.

I HAVE however, been getting a lot more augment slots, for what that's worth.

Thundergulch
01.20.2012 , 12:22 PM | #885
Quote: Originally Posted by GeekGrrly View Post
I haven't had any trouble getting blues, but I haven't managed to get a single purple since Tuesday/Wednesday's update.
Same here, and I've crafted over a hundred lvl 49 blue implants.

IncognitoCat
01.20.2012 , 12:29 PM | #886
Excellent guide.. thanks for taking the time to put it together!
www.TOR-Loot.com
My latest project - Find the best Flashpoint and Operations gear for SWTOR characters with one click.

Stealthknighter
01.20.2012 , 12:54 PM | #887
I have currently crafted about 55 Overkill-Arch-savent boots at a cost of over 2.5million credits and nothing, its got 4 stats, end, will, power and alacrity. Does anyone know for sure that this can go into a Vehemence for say or is that it? i cant justify spending any more on this as im already going to be at a loss selling crafted items esp when pvp items will almost be as good if not better..

For what its worth they should have a RE cap so people cant spend 10 million credits on getting a recipe but it not drop and someone else doing it on their first go.

GeekGrrly
01.20.2012 , 01:08 PM | #888
Also, there's that "There are no missions defined for the crew skill 'Synthweaving'." message I get whenever I craft something.

Nickter
01.20.2012 , 02:55 PM | #889
Ok I think I got something here.

I crafted the green Carbon Fiber Belt and reverse engineered it and got the blue redoubt carbon fiber belt.

Then I reverse engineered the blue Redoubt Carbon Fiber Belt and got the purple Veracity Carbon Fiber Belt [Superior].

I have critically crafted the purple Veracity Carbon Fiber Belt [Superior] and recieved a purple Veracity Carbon Fiber Belt [Mastercraft]. This has an augment slot.

Should I continue to reverse engineer the purple Veracity Carbon Fiber Belt [Superior] ?? Is there any solid confirmation that anything can be gained from it?

Delease
01.20.2012 , 02:56 PM | #890
Well my character must be bugged then. I know I am not the only one because when I first started noticing I seen other people bringing up the topic on the forums & in game.

Now its been over a week or two and i grinded out to 400 & have yet to pop a blue schematic on any item over lvl 30.

That just seems a bit buggy don't ya think? That all armorning, mods, droid parts, ear pieces...the last pops i got for them were at lvl 29-30...and none since.