Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upgrading from Standard to Limited?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Upgrading from Standard to Limited?

Schottky
12.14.2011 , 11:25 AM | #1
Good morning,

(I can't seem to find this answered in the FAQ section- please point me there if I'm just being blind).

I pre-ordered the standard edition from Amazon.com, but then cancelled due to a mix-up concerning the early access (their customer service gave me VERY incorrect information!). I then made an Origin online purchase for the Limited release, but have not been able to enter that code since I already have one from Amazon. I contacted Amazon's customer service to see about clearing out that pre-order code so I can enter the new Origin code, but they claim they can do no such thing.

I then sent an email to SWTOR's customer service for this issue but was told that I'd have to contact Amazon to clear the code. I contact Amazon again and was told they could not clear the code- I would have to contact SWTOR's customer service.

So, how do I go about making sure I can play the limited edition from Origin with the early access characters I have from the cancelled Amazon code (yes- I do have early access for the old code even though I cancelled that order)?

I don't want to be a pain, but I already have my character names reserved on the server of my guild's choice and don't want to lose them (or at least be able to delete them so I can re-create them on the 20th with the new code).

Help?
Ta'Lyn/<CMD> Crimson Mercenary Dragoons/Starsider

Darthshnooky
12.14.2011 , 11:29 AM | #2
If i'm reading what you're saying correctly, then you're fine.

Just play using the early access from the code you got when you pre-ordered through Amazon. Then, when you get your game key from Origin, input that into the account you are playing. There is nothing connecting your pre-order code and the release key, they are separate things. So play, enjoy, and then use the same account to input your release key from Origin. There's no need to delete one pre-order code and enter the other.

Schottky
12.14.2011 , 11:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
If i'm reading what you're saying correctly, then you're fine.

Just play using the early access from the code you got when you pre-ordered through Amazon. Then, when you get your game key from Origin, input that into the account you are playing. There is nothing connecting your pre-order code and the release key, they are separate things. So play, enjoy, and then use the same account to input your release key from Origin. There's no need to delete one pre-order code and enter the other.
Thank you Darthshnooky (great moniker by the way!). I'm hoping that will be the answer. Of course, part of my worry is that I requested tomorrow through Monday off when they announced early access would begin on the 15th. I'm locked into this and hope to spend it playing SWTOR.

Yeah, I don't need a life- just a good time in-game!
Ta'Lyn/<CMD> Crimson Mercenary Dragoons/Starsider