Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing infavourable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healing infavourable?

Rewrench
12.14.2011 , 10:14 AM | #11
You have to spec high in the healing talent tree to be a "real" healer.
So try again around level40

OCoChoco
12.14.2011 , 10:15 AM | #12
*IF* it hasnt changed since the end of Beta, you should be fine getting the 75k damage and 75k healing awards. once you get your 2nd more effecient healing ability.

warzones arent as fun until you are atleast 14-16. when you have more class abilities

kudesnik
12.14.2011 , 10:18 AM | #13
When I played a low-lvl healer in beta I usually earned more medals then others. Well maybe that's because other players added me '+' in the end of the warzone, but I've never felt less rewarded then others <_<
(\_/)
(o.O)
(*\ /*)

atrophysic
12.14.2011 , 10:36 AM | #14
The thing is, good healers don't just heal in pvp. If you want to just tunnel heals and good really high heal numbers, then why not pve? The best PvP healers are doing a lot more than just healing and should be rewarded for that. Besides healing they are doing damage and doing cc. This game makes healers and tanks actually able to make a decent damage difference, and being that the health in this game doesn't drop ridiculously fast, they should be taking advantage of these other abilities.

That said, if a healer is doing all these things and still be rewarded improperly, then it needs to be tweaked.

MrTerrito
12.14.2011 , 10:49 AM | #15
My videos show how to be a good healer in PvP. Also, I think the heals will be much better at higher lvls. Not saying they don't need to be worked on.

Labze
12.14.2011 , 11:02 AM | #16
Seems to be very mixed on this, can't comment on how it goes for other classes as well, i'm playing a trooper.

About a good pvp healer also doing damage, i try to do this as much as possible, but when fightning more than 2 enemies its just not possible, the damage output is too high for me to be able to use resources on anything else than healing.

It might get better with levels and as time progresses, even if there aren't a significant problem right now i hope bioware monitors this as imbalance between damage and healers might end up making people migrate away from what they want to do.

atrophysic
12.14.2011 , 11:06 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Labze View Post
About a good pvp healer also doing damage, i try to do this as much as possible, but when fightning more than 2 enemies its just not possible, the damage output is too high for me to be able to use resources on anything else than healing.
I agree, there are definitely times when you need to sit and just spam heals, but making that decision is what seperates good healers from average ones.

Shortcake
12.14.2011 , 11:40 AM | #18
with better gear your heals will crit all the time, then it will be worth it

Amiracle
12.14.2011 , 11:41 AM | #19
Healing in pvp will just give you an ulcer.

The same dps on your team will campaign for healing nerfs and then yell at you for not being their healbot.

This has happened in every pvp game.