Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is Slicing on live?

fodigg
12.14.2011 , 09:06 AM | #11
Slicing doesn't seem changed to me. Certainly not "nerfed hard."
fo diggity Column | Twitter

UberRod
12.14.2011 , 09:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuldilel View Post
You need 50k or so at 25 for the mount. 50k is exactly where you need to be.
You mean 40k.

mfrags
12.14.2011 , 09:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ragter View Post
Stockpiling money to then dump into a mission skill when you can send out 4 companions at once doesn't put you as far behind as one would think.

Also making that 1-30 gear seems nice but in a week everyone will have out leveled it as well.

Now if you are looking to use the GTN to make money then all the power to you. I dislike playing GTN to make money.
This is good to hear Rag, thanks for the information you posted.

Edit: quoted wrong one lol...either way thanks!
"Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have."

-Bacta Legends (Sith Empire)
-Glitterstim (Republic)

RsTRbN
12.14.2011 , 09:54 AM | #14
I made it to level 12 yesterday, and I have not yet seen a node for slicing (Going SI: Have not seen one on Kaas yet). During the beta I played Republic, and there seemed to be more slicing nodes around in the starting areas (Coruscant). We will see how many there are through Kaas, but I am becoming worried I should have taken a different gathering skill..

Tuldilel
12.14.2011 , 10:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by UberRod View Post
You mean 40k.
40k skill
8k mount

48k ~ 50k or so

Makeshifter
12.14.2011 , 10:06 AM | #16
Slicing, so far, if the mission is successful, for me, you tend to break even, maybe come back with a 10-20% more credits then it cost to do the mission. After reaching lvl 15, i have gained 1 treasure hunter and 1 diplomatic blue mission briefs (115 skill to use them)from slicing missions my companion went on. And i think once my companion brought back a blue and normal unsecured box.

But i may add treasure hunting/diplomacy to see what the missions give me.

Hellfire
12.14.2011 , 10:16 AM | #17
If it's nerfed, its definitely not nerfed hard from my experiences before turkeybeta. I've only been crafting with "free" mats gathered overland and have just shy of 10k on my Marauder at 13. I send Vette out 24/7 anytime I'm not actually going out attacking. It's been VERY profitable and I have about 8 blue schematics/mods/etc banked already that I can't directly use on this toon.

mfrags
12.14.2011 , 11:11 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
If it's nerfed, its definitely not nerfed hard from my experiences before turkeybeta. I've only been crafting with "free" mats gathered overland and have just shy of 10k on my Marauder at 13. I send Vette out 24/7 anytime I'm not actually going out attacking. It's been VERY profitable and I have about 8 blue schematics/mods/etc banked already that I can't directly use on this toon.
This is great to hear Hellfire, thank you very much. I have been most concerned with this. Do you find that your credit pool will be running on fumes if you keep sending her out? I had planned/envisioned doing this early on, but was wary of expending all my credits...

-Glitterstim (Republic)

Hellfire
12.14.2011 , 11:33 AM | #19
I have critically failed 2 missions so far, resulting in a loss. The other 50+ missions she's ran have been profitable. In my bank I have 2 blue biochem mission schematics, 3 blue level 22 missile bay upgrades for my ship and 3 or 4 other blue mods/schems/etc that I can't remember right now.

I think my current slicing skill as of last night was in the high 70's or low 80's. It's been great.

mfrags
12.14.2011 , 11:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
I have critically failed 2 missions so far, resulting in a loss. The other 50+ missions she's ran have been profitable. In my bank I have 2 blue biochem mission schematics, 3 blue level 22 missile bay upgrades for my ship and 3 or 4 other blue mods/schems/etc that I can't remember right now.

I think my current slicing skill as of last night was in the high 70's or low 80's. It's been great.
Hellfire, based on your comments, would you mind if I send you a PM please with a couple questions centered more or less around what you are describing?

-Glitterstim (Republic)