Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

black screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Master_Rayden
12.14.2011 , 11:07 AM | #1
so ***, i wait all this time and now i load the game up and i get a black screen, with no sound, my computer is way above the par and when i played in beta no problems at all but now after i unistall the old stuff and then reinstall when we were told to, i get into a black screen.

seriously how could this happen?
Proud Member
Disciples of the Fallen
Sith Empire Hardcore PvP

ElektronJohn
12.14.2011 , 11:08 AM | #2
Download your latest drivers. Uninstall your old ones, install the new ones, and reboot. This fixed the problem for me.
Division Three

A small guild focusing on PvE, RP, PVP, and of course fun.
-=Guild Founder=-

Master_Rayden
12.14.2011 , 11:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ElektronJohn View Post
Download your latest drivers. Uninstall your old ones, install the new ones, and reboot. This fixed the problem for me.
i was just in beta it played fine... why is it not now my drivers are up to date.
Proud Member
Disciples of the Fallen
Sith Empire Hardcore PvP

medicalprobe
12.14.2011 , 11:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Rayden View Post
i was just in beta it played fine... why is it not now my drivers are up to date.
same problem here, downloading new drivers and hope it fixes it.
TRAUMA
Trooper - Commando - Combat Medic

ElektronJohn
12.14.2011 , 11:13 AM | #5
When you say your drivers are up to date, when did you update these? --before the beta? --a month ago? --today?

Also, did you uninstall the beta before installing this or did you just update the client?
Division Three

-=Guild Founder=-

Master_Rayden
12.14.2011 , 11:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ElektronJohn View Post
When you say your drivers are up to date, when did you update these? --before the beta? --a month ago? --today?

Also, did you uninstall the beta before installing this or did you just update the client?
i unistalled TOR when they said and installed it again when they said it was ready and would no longer clash, my drivers were up today when it came to running beta so did they driver requirement just get uped?
Proud Member
Disciples of the Fallen
Sith Empire Hardcore PvP

Antrican
12.14.2011 , 11:16 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Master_Rayden,

For the ones who only notice a black screen and a cursor when the game is launched, the first step would be to update your drivers to the latest release (beta versions can help). Secondly, it would also be good to check on your DirectX version and make sure you have the latest version available for your build. And if none of this has helped, try rolling back to a previous version of your graphic card driver.

Also you must know that the first launch of the game can take several minutes, do not hesitate to leave the game running for a couple of minutes without going back to desktop or frenetically clicking everywhere with your mouse.

Do not hesitate to come back to us if this has not solved your issue!

Antrican | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Conveeyor
12.14.2011 , 11:18 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Please have a look here for possible solutions with your issue:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3396

Thank you!

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Mirlock
12.14.2011 , 11:19 AM | #9
I also had a black screen at one point but i left it for 30 sec to 1 min and it just reloaded.

and was back to normal

Ninje
Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

ElektronJohn
12.14.2011 , 11:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Rayden View Post
i unistalled TOR when they said and installed it again when they said it was ready and would no longer clash, my drivers were up today when it came to running beta so did they driver requirement just get uped?
The video requirements have not changed, to my knowledge. I played during several betas. One beta would not run even after I updated my drivers. The last worked fine.

Unless you updated your drivers in the last two weeks (no matter if it ran during beta), I suggest you uninstall your video drivers and install the new ones.

If the problem persists, it may be related to what video card you have. Previously in beta they were having issues with ATI cards.
Division Three

-=Guild Founder=-