Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do I need to uninstall the beta?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Do I need to uninstall the beta?

Xerolyfe
12.13.2011 , 08:52 AM | #1
I still have the beta installed and it updated files as recently as a couple of days ago. Now when I try to play it says "This environment is currently unavailable for play." Am I ready to go for when I get my invite or do I need to uninstall the beta and re-download the game client from the pre-order page? Thanks in advance!

engrey
12.13.2011 , 08:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerolyfe View Post
I still have the beta installed and it updated files as recently as a couple of days ago. Now when I try to play it says "This environment is currently unavailable for play." Am I ready to go for when I get my invite or do I need to uninstall the beta and re-download the game client from the pre-order page? Thanks in advance!
You are ready to go, no further action is needed.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

GlennVincke
12.13.2011 , 08:53 AM | #3
If you we're in the beta weekend from 11 november, you do not need to redownload the client.
Member of Axiom

GeorgeWashington
12.13.2011 , 08:53 AM | #4
What is the size of your game client?
I see you in the Sarlaac Pit.

Erevan_Kindelar
12.13.2011 , 08:53 AM | #5
If you played in one of the beta weekends after 25th November, no you do not need to uninstall. If your last beta action was before 25th, you do.

However, I would guess that you are not one of the lucky early pre-orderers who have been given access to the EGA yet.

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 08:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgeWashington View Post
Yes you do
You can patch the 11/11 client, it just bloats the folder to twice the normal size.

Xerolyfe
12.13.2011 , 08:56 AM | #7
I was in the last beta. But yeah, I only redeemed my code last week. I expect it'll be the 18th or so before they let me in. Not that I'm not hoping for earlier.