Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'Revan' book question

elaverick
01.17.2012 , 10:10 AM | #11
As has been mentioned already, it's not necessary to play KotOR or KotOR II to understand Revan (it has enough reminders of what happened in the games to make it reasonably easy to pick up). But having said that KotOR is one of the best RPG's I've ever played and if you get a chance to play it first I would.

Omnitheo
01.17.2012 , 10:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AuraJurai View Post
don't matter its total trash and bioware should be ashamed of them self the other novels are similiar ... *** moments maybe they should think of firing that novelist
You mean the novelist who wrote KOTOR and worked heavily on TOR? The one who created the Revan character and his story?

KnightDLR
01.17.2012 , 10:59 AM | #13
don't matter its total trash and bioware should be ashamed of them self the other novels are similiar ... *** moments maybe they should think of firing that novelist
You do realize that without that particular author, nearly every game that Bioware has released would not be remotely as good as they are, right? Writer for Neverwinter Nights and Jade Empire. Lead Writer for KOTOR (Revan is his character), Mass Effect and co-lead writer for ME2.

I thoroughly enjoyed Revan myself. I had a bit of a concern with the pacing in a couple of spots, but outside of that, it was a good read. As for the comment that most of the book was about the Sith character portrayed, for the first half of the book, the chapters alternated between Revan and Scourge and, after Revan's dropping out for a few chapters, Meetra (The Exile) took his place until he more completely rejoined the story. And, frankly, Revan doesn't completely leave the story after the first half. (Deliberate vagueness due to not wanting to spoil the story for those who may not have read it.)

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and I respect that. However, it might be more respectful to let others make their own decision whether or not to pick up the book, give it a read and form their own opinions...as that's really the only opinion that matters.
Some people just need a high-five...in the face...with a chair.

AuraJurai
01.17.2012 , 11:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightDLR View Post
You do realize that without that particular author, nearly every game that Bioware has released would not be remotely as good as they are, right? Writer for Neverwinter Nights and Jade Empire. Lead Writer for KOTOR (Revan is his character), Mass Effect and co-lead writer for ME2.

I thoroughly enjoyed Revan myself. I had a bit of a concern with the pacing in a couple of spots, but outside of that, it was a good read. As for the comment that most of the book was about the Sith character portrayed, for the first half of the book, the chapters alternated between Revan and Scourge and, after Revan's dropping out for a few chapters, Meetra (The Exile) took his place until he more completely rejoined the story. And, frankly, Revan doesn't completely leave the story after the first half. (Deliberate vagueness due to not wanting to spoil the story for those who may not have read it.)

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and I respect that. However, it might be more respectful to let others make their own decision whether or not to pick up the book, give it a read and form their own opinions...as that's really the only opinion that matters.
the novelist may have been good once upon a time but rewritting the eitire lore of kotor pretty much .... not cool
55 Rydia Mist [Marauder] 55 Aura Mist [Socerer]
Only a fool deals in absolutes

Wolfninjajedi
01.17.2012 , 12:16 PM | #15
the novelist may have been good once upon a time but rewritting the eitire lore of kotor pretty much .... not cool
What do you mean re-writing?...All he did was tell the story of Revan up to where the game is, he didn't go back and re-write things.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Omnitheo
01.17.2012 , 12:37 PM | #16
It's also his character, and his to develop, despite what personality and traits you had invented for him in your mind.