Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA/Bioware the new SOE?

Gomla
12.14.2011 , 09:53 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Evilklown View Post
Do you really think you would even enjoy early access with everyone entering at the same time, lets think about this. If everyone were to join at the same time there would be massive lag you wouldnt be able quest at all b/c there would be way too many ppl oh and the servers would probly crash.
And that is exactly what is going to happen on the 20th.

This "it helps stability" crap needs to stop. It helps nothing.

JingleHell
12.14.2011 , 09:57 AM | #72
Dear everyone,

I am not in yet. I don't mind, because I didn't preorder the first day I could, because I was more worried about the potential for buyers remorse around the time I'd be moving and not wanting to waste money than I was about day 1 access to a game I wasn't sure I'd love.

Most of my friends are already in the game. I'm not. This is perfectly ok. They never said early access would be to let you in personally on day one regardless of preorder date. It's always been advertised as first come, first served. You'll be in eventually.

See you at launch.

Love, JingleHell
One to embody the power, the other to crave it.

Airwren
12.14.2011 , 10:01 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by buckingmonkey View Post
I haven't had anything to do with SOE in at least 8 years and counting

Treating the VAST majority of your customers like this..... Not wise at all.

Why are you doing this, who was it that thought this was a good idea?

That is all I have to say on this fiasco

I hate seeing Bioware continue to fall like this I loved this company
I'm not going to blame Bioware at all. I'm not a huge fan of EA really but in the end they are doing what they think is best and I can't fault them for that. As others have mentioned, and I'll parrot it here, in a month nobody is going to give a **** about how early access went. We'll all be happily playing the game. Everyone needs to chill the **** out.
Pork Me Coverins!!

Wubanos
12.14.2011 , 10:03 AM | #74
Is this the future, and would people accept it?

Guarnties.
The game will stay online for UP TO 24 hours a day. UP TO 7 days a week and UP to 12 months a year.

For this you only have to pay a monthly fee and watch your email for when we send out invites for your current alloted game time each day.

In times of heavy traffic we opt for the option to trickle in people to avoid server problems and to partly or fully disable all accounts for UP TO 31 days a month and UP TO 6 Months a year.

We highly reccomend our 6 month subscription as those will get first access to our servers after any downtime.
Bad launch = Lot's of people on the forums complaining they can not play the game!
How far would you allow it to go?]

Trandel
12.14.2011 , 10:05 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by buckingmonkey View Post
I haven't had anything to do with SOE in at least 8 years and counting

Treating the VAST majority of your customers like this..... Not wise at all.

Why are you doing this, who was it that thought this was a good idea?

That is all I have to say on this fiasco

I hate seeing Bioware continue to fall like this I loved this company
I think this has gone beyond SOE. At least SOE can blame hackers for some of their problems. Bioware is doing just about everything possible it seems to cause their own problems just fine without any outside help at all.
Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain

hulduet
12.14.2011 , 10:07 AM | #76
Rofl... media? The game hasn't even officially been released yet. Come back and whine the 20th.

mikeyisback
12.14.2011 , 10:08 AM | #77
I'm surprised no one has started spouting about how only 1% of gamers can get in Swtor, and that they are the 99% ........#OccupySWTORForums

JudgedCover
12.14.2011 , 10:09 AM | #78
Until they replace a broken game with an even more broken game then replace that with an even more broken game...you have no right to compare Bioware to SOE.

JingleHell
12.14.2011 , 10:09 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Trandel View Post
I think this has gone beyond SOE. At least SOE can blame hackers for some of their problems. Bioware is doing just about everything possible it seems to cause their own problems just fine without any outside help at all.
No they can't. They can blame themselves. Most of SOE's trouble has to do with **** service and non-transparency. I'm entirely of the opinion Bioware is acting nothing like SOE, but everyone is entitled to their opinions, just like I'm entitled to laugh.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it.