Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Teammates can't enter mission?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Teammates can't enter mission?

Alyiah
12.14.2011 , 09:22 AM | #1
I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but in playing yesterday, several times either I (playing a consular) or the other consular couldn't enter each other's missions, but the Jedi Knight we were teamed with could enter both of ours. The odd consular out in every case had to sit outside the mission door while the rest of the team finished the objective. Is this working as intended?
Master Kaji'da Ito
Crimson Island, Est 2003
Krayt Dragon Server

Drunk_wookie
12.14.2011 , 09:26 AM | #2
They are allowing it, but same classes can not enter each others missions.

HOWEVER: There is an option in your UI to allow them to.

Its just that you do need to manually enable that for each other.

I believe that's made that way so that the story remains a "secret" for everyone of that class until you get to it/past it yourself.

daddnbay
12.14.2011 , 09:27 AM | #3
There's a box you can check in the options menu. I don't remember which tab it is under, that allows same classes to enter each others instance.

mathisk
12.14.2011 , 09:30 AM | #4
A lot (If not all) of the mission areas for you class story only allow one character of that class into the instance. So you could bring along 3 Jedi knights, but one one Jedi consular. If you had been grouped with 2 Jedi knights and 2 Jedi consulars, and gone into a Jedi knight story area, both consulars would have gotten in just fine, but one of the knights would have been forced to stay outside.

This is "as designed" so that YOU can control your version of the class story without controlling your friend's version of the class story. And vice versa.

Alyiah
12.14.2011 , 09:30 AM | #5
Cool, I will look for it.

Thank you for the info!
Master Kaji'da Ito
Crimson Island, Est 2003
Krayt Dragon Server