Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cover, is it too strong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Cover, is it too strong?

Kiean
12.13.2011 , 08:42 PM | #11
oops hit the back button

Kadabrax
12.13.2011 , 08:43 PM | #12
I dislike the Cover Mechanic, but it doesnt seem to have a big part in PvP, well have to see I guess.

Solantharius
12.13.2011 , 08:56 PM | #13
One thing to note is you only receive a 20% defensive bonus against those in your "cone of cover" not just against everyone. Therefore anyone who attacks from behind you or close enough and to the side totally negates this bonus. There are other defensive bonuses to cover through various talents and such however it is again countered enough by the fact it makes us immobile and we can be more easily LoS'ed while using it that its not incredibly overpowered or anything. Also unless currently using the 1min cd for 20sec cc immunity you can be knocked out of cover by any of the multiple knockbacks every single class has as well as susceptible to any of the crazy amounts of cc's that are out there atm.
Kataro - 50 Gunslinger - Hammerfist Clan
50 Gunslinger PVP (Beta)

"Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.

BlazingShadow
12.13.2011 , 08:59 PM | #14
the Cover mechanic is just a fancier version of Position Secured for SWG's commandos, lol.

THat said, it's much more potent.

THe immobilization and the general squishiness I've observed for cover profs ismore than enuff to compensate for Cover's defense.

Corpsevapor
12.13.2011 , 09:07 PM | #15
Aoe beats cover also get a sniper/gunslinger to rout them out of cover with diversion there problem sloved.

Bioteks
12.14.2011 , 09:13 AM | #16
Any CC knocks you out of cover... warzone terrain in particular isn't terribly good for cover, very easy to simply walk around to an exposed side.

Sniper will certainly be good in some PvP situations, but not because they have cover to hide behind.