Thana Vesh as a companion

lowflyingmeat

My concern would be - as with any BioWare romance - is that all you'd end up with in the end is bringing her out of her murderous insane ***** mode and reveal that "Oh she's just a scared little girl on the inside" or some other bollocks.

That and I killed her. Hated the *****.

Thana Vesh should be a Universal companion for all Empire Players

(Yes I know, this causes problem for republic players).

She has a great character actually

-She plays hard to get

-Shes actually a born-to-be-sith (sure you can turn the Sith Warrior companion evil but Ive heard that shes lame. Plus Sith Inquis, we can't really change anyone to dark side)

-She comes off arrogant, slightly one dimensional - but as the story progresses - you realize she's actually just an insecure sith. Pride & Insecurity go together you know :o

-Yeah you can choose to kill her or save her, that is a problem - I'm sure the quest chain can be retconned for people who want her as a companion or something

-The voice acting is essentially in the game already

-As a class inspired by palpatine, our inability to twist/turn someone to the darkside (ala anakin) is pretty disappointing. Especially because our character is constantly asking for his/her hand to be held by smarter people for guidance in the story.

Anyways, as a sith inquisitor - I feel robbed by my story in general. I'm at 45 and I've read the end story spoilers and it's still just a yawn for me. The companions suck, especially as a male. We get a buncha randoms including a mute dashade who just wants to eat as our first companion...plus our only romance-able companion is a barbie Jedi who can't truly fall to the dark side. I don't think I'm the only Sith inquisitor player who thinks our story is just mediocre.

Her story arc here:

no. i enjoyed cutting her head off and hated her

I can see she be a companion for Sith classes, but being a camponion for BH or IA, that's not really what a Sith would do. Especially she is a such pride person.

But don't get ,e wrong, I like her to be a companion for everyone. But it just doesn't makes sense from the story point of view. Maybe they can make different universal companion for Sith classes and non-Sith classes.

Edited by souloikj

She's full of crap claiming credit for the work you did and she's weak. She deserved to die at my hands.
You have to have a stronger frame than hers. I rather found her attitude and her tantrums more amusing than anything else.

I like Thana and certainly think she would be great as a Sith warrior or Sith inquisitor companion. I don't see how she currently would fit very well as a companion for the non-sith classes but that could easily be fixed by storyline events and I'm sure there'd be room for a redemption storyline as well for you sad, light-side imperials :p

Even though I killed her, the lack of strong characters in Jaesa and Vette annoys me to no end. That, and the voice acting for Jaesa makes me want to ignore her.

So, signed.

She wasn't strong at all. Being a raging, "Rawr, She-Hulk smash" who constantly runs ahead trying to prove herself and needs to be rescued several times like a stereotypical damsel would does not make her 'strong' at all.

Just saying.

She wasn't strong at all. Being a raging, "Rawr, She-Hulk smash" who constantly runs ahead trying to prove herself and needs to be rescued several times like a stereotypical damsel would does not make her 'strong' at all.

Just saying.

But you could teach her to be strong

Just saying.

She embodies a lot of what is wrong with the Sith arrogance, and no doubt that more interaction with our characters would make her realize that.

The way Bioware portrayed her in Taris leaves a lot of room to shape her in interestign directions.

Personally one could argue such change is already perceived when she sends you the money for the chain quest provided you left her alive.

I know some don't like her but that is why it should be a choice between her and someone else - for me it's the ex-jedi lady because she is nearly as annoying as the robot. For me there should be a choice or story part where say Thana and the Jedi fight it out to be your apprentice? Or you get to kill one or the other.

I feel Bioware kinda acknowledges that Thana could be a companion here:

At the end of Taris where you can choose to kill her or not if you choose not to (cursed light side points) she says goodbye and the music comes up as she walks off into the distance while you gaze after her - it's really made to be I think.

Enough talk - come on Bio, Thana for a companion for the Sith amongst us at least.

Meh, I guess I'm in the minority here but I can't stand Thana. She represents everything wrong with the Sith. She's a borderline sociopath who will attack other Sith rather than share a speck of glory. People like her are the only reason the Empire hasn't already roflstomped the Republic. If the Sith could just be on the same team for two seconds the war would be over.