Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MajorMelchett
01.11.2012 , 03:27 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by ItsToof View Post
*looks at the textures on your 50 armor*

*lols*
LMAO, had to be done really.

JovethGonzalez
01.11.2012 , 03:27 PM | #192 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Kractoa View Post
This is the most ive ever seen a bioware rep post since this game launched. Did you escape or something. If you had posted more like you just have done earlier people would not have been as upset
We're here, watching and responding when we can. Something handy to keep bookmarked is our devtracker: http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php (it works best with IE). You can see that we're actually quite active in these forums

ItsToof
01.11.2012 , 03:29 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
We're here, watching and responding when we can. Something handy to keep bookmarked is our devtracker: http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php (it works best with IE). You can see that we're actually quite active in these forums
I do read the tracker, and I can honestly say that 1 man cannot control a mob, but with the official PR response regarding performance and that we must be low spec, how else should we have reacted?

shananigan
01.11.2012 , 03:31 PM | #194
Since your here maybe you can answer 2 questions that would help alot of us out.
Is this engine single-thread as people suspect?
What is the second swtor.exe for?

Not sure why you guys havn't answered those 2 simple questions, but thought I'de ask and risk a warning.
Do or do not, there is no try.

EddyStylez
01.11.2012 , 03:31 PM | #195
Just thought I'd mention something about this FPS issue...

A lot of this reminds me of Warhammer Online's launch. Lots of people with High End gaming systems, were experiencing terrible stuttering and general FPS lag. I myself started a chain of threads on warhammeralliance forums just like this one, to serve as a voice of the community, allowing our voices to be heard in one easy to track thread.

http://www.whalliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99123

Basiclly, we got a few responses from the Mythic guys, and most of the responses were along the lines of "We are aware, of the problem." and "Those of you who are experiencing this issue are a small minority of the playerbase."

And it took about 6 months before the issue finally got resolved.

I suspect there is a lot of information Bioware is keeping from us. If the truth was that this FPS problem was actually very low on their list of priorities, and that it won't get worked on until the Summer of 2012, a lot of people would rage over it, and unsub, thus Bioware and EA losing money. So instead they pull a ruse, making us believe this problem is not as widespread, when in reality it's affecting a huge chunk of the playerbase.

Anyways I am using a custom self-built computer; parts purchased from newegg in late 2011, for a total of around $1300.

40-80 FPS while leveling.
5-15 FPS in warzones.
10 FPS on fleet.

In-Game settings were irrelevant for me, High, Medium, and Low resulted in the same frame rates.

I run the game with no background programs running. Only the bare necessities are running, for max performance, and compatibility.

Here is my DxDiag:

Spoiler

Jabatheruss
01.11.2012 , 03:31 PM | #196
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that this thread has been a priority for us here internally and we haven't forgotten about it. We are coordinating with multiple parties in order to gather the best possible information to be able to address this very complex issue. As I mentioned before, we will have more information for you very soon.

Thank you for being patient as we work on the investigation of this issue.
Does this mean that all of the rabid fans that come in here and say that all of our PCs are crap are the ones that are indeed full of crap?

Sure would be nice if those nosy posters that think they know your job better than you to see that there is in fact a problem and that everyone here doe snot have crappy PCs.
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.

NutellaCrepe
01.11.2012 , 03:36 PM | #197
No, this means that we are coordinating with multiple internal parties to provide the best possible information for you folks.
As much as we appreciate the response (and we do), one thing people are looking for is acknowledgement that the FPS issue extends way beyond those with low end computers. As you can see from those threads, mid, great and amazing computers experience this as well.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
PVP Server | Peacekeeper | International

kmufc
01.11.2012 , 03:37 PM | #198
At last,these comments eases my mind a little now.

Kractoa
01.11.2012 , 03:37 PM | #199
People just need some answers. I know it takes time but when you let one of your guys talk to a site and say its only 5% of people having problems (even though he's not sure ) and its only low spec machines having trouble its just wrong and leaves a sour taste.

I have a reasonable specced machine at i7 950 3.1ghz, 8gb ram and 6950 2gb and this game just runs awful for me. Plenty of peeps on here have better than me and are having the same issues. It just seems thoughtless that he would say that.

We paid a premium price and will pay a premium price per month and that just sounded like we were being waved aside

shananigan
01.11.2012 , 03:37 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by shananigan View Post
Since your here maybe you can answer 2 questions that would help alot of us out.
Is this engine single-thread as people suspect?
What is the second swtor.exe for?

Not sure why you guys havn't answered those 2 simple questions, but thought I'de ask and risk a warning.
Or I guess you can go back to ignoring us.

/sigh.
Do or do not, there is no try.