Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It doesn't matter if you class this as launch or not.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
It doesn't matter if you class this as launch or not.

Grammarye
12.14.2011 , 05:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ariadna View Post
the few elites are getting a whole week. many players that bought CE over 100 euros, and others that had to pay for the headstart code in Europe, won't get in untill the 20th.

by that time every server will be full, we will have to deal with long waiting hours queue, every decent name will be taken, so you will need to name your character something like fk43jwke,

there will be many level 50 players laughing and bragging all day, telling you how smart, and great they are because they preodered the game before than you did.

if you wanted to play on a pvp server, you better get used to the idea to become the punchinbag of every level 50 player, including the exploiters.
How is any of that different to a month from now, for people buying the game then?

Welcome to MMO design. Oddly enough this has to be taken account of in the first place.
For 2000 Cartel Coins, a year-old game breaking bug may get fixed.
For $20, an epic death scene for your character is unlocked to end your overly expensive class story. Subscribers pay $10.

SinisterWarlock
12.14.2011 , 05:45 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mkvenner View Post
The funny part is that I am pretty sure that if you would have went in yesterday we wouldn't have this topic from you today.
Isn't that the point? If you got in early, you're good and happy, if you didn't, you're not. Only about 10% got in, the 10% of customers can be happy so the 90% can rage. Sounds like a good launch!

Totalcomms
12.14.2011 , 05:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ariadna View Post
every decent name will be taken, so you will need to name your character something like fk43jwke.
So true, what fun this is going to be......

Ergonaut
12.14.2011 , 05:56 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mkvenner View Post
The funny part is that I am pretty sure that if you would have went in yesterday we wouldn't have this topic from you today.
No, but somebody else would've. It's the way people work. I semi-agree with him though, for the customer there are more disadvantages than advantages, yet for the company there are more advantages. Guess the question is who would you rather have satisfied? Your fanbase where your FUNDING basically comes from, or your company?

Easy choice for me, from a business perspective.

blackcerberus
12.14.2011 , 06:14 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Grammarye View Post
Ahem. Some basics in sales for you (hypothetically)

12th of December: I preorder the game. Total cost to me so far: $0.
anyone who purchased the digital copy already paid the full price. so congratz for failing before even starting to make your point across