Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expansion on the current companion's story lines?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Expansion on the current companion's story lines?

Beamerina
01.04.2012 , 01:53 AM | #11
Raising the affection bar probably wouldn't be too hard.

Krowwe
01.04.2012 , 04:21 AM | #12
It has been said in numerous places that new companions will come over time with new stories to be fleshed out.

As it stands, only each classes first companion actually has a questable story. The others all have story points and talking background, but no quests (or very few. I think Torian gives Bounty Hunters ONE quest).

It is my hope that once more companions become available, companion deaths may return to game, as there are some companions we all just cant stand.

Darthmoriquendi
01.04.2012 , 04:26 AM | #13
yes i would definitely like to see them add additional content as far as companions go. maybe some new quests with the original companions. kind of sad you cant talk to them anymore after its all finished.

eddiekratz
01.04.2012 , 06:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthmoriquendi View Post
kind of sad you cant talk to them anymore after its all finished.
My thoughts exactly. They don't even speak during conversations with other NPCs anymore, you know? They're just... there.

I don't really care for the idea of new companions. What I want is additional story for the old ones.

Beamerina
01.04.2012 , 10:11 PM | #15
Same here, and judging by the amount of similar threads I've seen, it seems like a lot of people feel the same way.

Ranadiel_Marius
01.05.2012 , 05:50 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Krowwe View Post
As it stands, only each classes first companion actually has a questable story. The others all have story points and talking background, but no quests (or very few. I think Torian gives Bounty Hunters ONE quest).
This is actually off. For the JK, T7 doesn't have any quests. Meanwhile the JK's second companion has two. I know off the top of my head that the JK's fifth companion(and I'm sure other companions as well) has a quest in the datamined files, but that quest is not in the game currently.

blurplemoon
01.05.2012 , 06:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by eddiekratz View Post
My thoughts exactly. They don't even speak during conversations with other NPCs anymore, you know? They're just... there.

I don't really care for the idea of new companions. What I want is additional story for the old ones.
just as long as theres like no kids running around the ship or some stuff LOL dont need people saying on forums "im neglecting my RL relationship for pixels" LOL

eddiekratz
01.05.2012 , 07:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by blurplemoon View Post
just as long as theres like no kids running around the ship or some stuff LOL dont need people saying on forums "im neglecting my RL relationship for pixels" LOL
Romance definitely plays a big part in the story, but taking it that far would just be weird.

Like I said before, playing this game feels like reading a book that prematurely ends. It's sad that after the class/companion quest is finished, everything becomes so... grey and lifeless.

Evolvana
01.05.2012 , 07:21 AM | #19
I guess they will add new content, but when? that is the question :/

Krowwe
01.06.2012 , 11:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
This is actually off. For the JK, T7 doesn't have any quests. Meanwhile the JK's second companion has two. I know off the top of my head that the JK's fifth companion(and I'm sure other companions as well) has a quest in the datamined files, but that quest is not in the game currently.

Fair enough. I guess JK falls into the "Very few". I know on all of my Empire characters, the story is around the first companion, except as I said, the BH, which has 1 later on for the 4th companion.

I suppose it makes sense, with the companion being a droid, that would change.