Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Naming your Creations in Crafting!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Naming your Creations in Crafting!

Mackuss
12.13.2011 , 07:41 PM | #1
I was playing Skyrim and forgot (from Morrowind) how you can name your creations when you enchant things.

It'd be super cool if the professions in SWTOR (Armstech, Armormech, etc.) could name premium+ creations - to anything they wanted. I know the implications for inappropriate things is very high, haha, but it'd be an awesome feature nonetheless.

Some suggestions for rules:

1. As long as the item is still in the crafter's bags as well as not bound yet, they have a chance to think on a name - (they don't have to name it yet).

2. Upon trading it out of their bags, be it to another player or to the AH, they will be prompted for a name. What this does is essentially make two levels of "soulbound"ness - one level with the crafter, and the other the usual equipping prerequisite. It sounds more confusing than it actually is.

3. You can always opt for the the default name of the item.

I think this is a really cool, unique thing that hasn't been done in MMOs yet (that I'm aware of), and regardless, would be neat. It would also make the process of a crafter creating an item personally for a player that much more...um....personal. lol.

Anyways, that's it.
while(horse.State == dead)
{
horse.beat();
}

DarthMeerkat
12.13.2011 , 07:47 PM | #2
"Lawl Blaster 9000"

Do it Bioware...

Edit: Could work with orange items TBH. You mod them then rename them.
DDE

Prowden
12.13.2011 , 07:50 PM | #3
I would love being able to "own" my creations like this. In a game with such high levels of customization I think some sort of a creation naming system would be great! Maybe leave the details to Bioware but I think you're onto something!

Ewokstastegood
12.13.2011 , 08:14 PM | #4
Since the problem of inappropriate naming will be a reason to Poo-Poo this GREAT IDEA, i suggest a list of first words, weapon types, last words. You could have a selection like:

Choose one from each list:

A.) Infinite B.) Lightsaber OF C.) Awesomeness
Terrible Sword Destruction
Horrendous Blaster Unification
Glorious Pistol Mind Shattering
Charged Fury
Optimal Corruption
Ajunta Paul's Channeled Will
Darth Malak's

This way with enough names in each list (updatable & expandable by BW) there would be tens of thousands of SEMI customizable names, like * Darth Malak's Lightsaber of Corruption. The server could limit weapons that are currently in-game to one per server the same way names are regulated.
Retraction:"Did I say that out loud? While it is true you are a meatbag, I should refrain from addressing you as such."

Mackuss
12.13.2011 , 08:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewokstastegood View Post
Since the problem of inappropriate naming will be a reason to Poo-Poo this GREAT IDEA, i suggest a list of first words, weapon types, last words. You could have a selection like:

Choose one from each list:

A.) Infinite B.) Lightsaber OF C.) Awesomeness
Terrible Sword Destruction
Horrendous Blaster Unification
Glorious Pistol Mind Shattering
Charged Fury
Optimal Corruption
Ajunta Paul's Channeled Will
Darth Malak's

This way with enough names in each list (updatable & expandable by BW) there would be tens of thousands of SEMI customizable names, like * Darth Malak's Lightsaber of Corruption. The server could limit weapons that are currently in-game to one per server the same way names are regulated.
haha that's interesting.
while(horse.State == dead)
{
horse.beat();
}