Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

vertigofm
12.31.2011 , 08:02 PM | #1
Alright, this is designed for you to argue the most fun class to play. Here are the ground rules:

1. Fun is a relative word, but we're arguing primary mechanics here. Fun should be related to class quests, combat, and play-style. Fun is NOT measured by how much you like the IDEA of a Jedi Knight, or how much you love looking at your level 50 Sith Sorcerer.

2. You actually have had to try most of the classes up to at least level 10. If you've only tried Jedi Guardian and Republic Commander, you might want to sit this one out.

3. Keep flaming to a minimum. Just because one person does not think your class isn't the most fun to play, does not mean you have to defend that class to the death or delete it. Be fair.

Have at it!

Darth_Beans
12.31.2011 , 08:03 PM | #2
The best class is...World of Warcraft! Sorry, got it in first!

Zeebie
12.31.2011 , 08:08 PM | #3
Having only played the 4 republic starting stories and 1 sith warrior, I found the smuggler class to be the most fun. Move into a gunslinger and it was also super fun. worst class has to be jedi knight/guardian who really is very boring class to play.

Gomla
12.31.2011 , 08:09 PM | #4
I have a Trooper at 44, BH at 33 and a few others in the late teens early 20's.

It's a toss up so far between Agent and BH.

The Trooper story line itself is okay but the companions are ..... a bit dull.

The Trooper and BH play exactly the same near enough I just enjoyed the BH story a bit more.

Agent (sniper AC) plays quite well apart from the odd glitch in the cover mechanic.

But so far I had the most fun with my Agent and BH.

Reason my Trooper is higher level is I spent a few days just PvP healing and that was fun.

vertigofm
12.31.2011 , 08:15 PM | #5
A lot of people seem to be liking the BH/Smuggler.

Flowerslayer
01.01.2012 , 03:59 AM | #6
I cant decide between BH or IA.

bobdelany
01.01.2012 , 04:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeebie View Post
Having only played the 4 republic starting stories and 1 sith warrior, I found the smuggler class to be the most fun. Move into a gunslinger and it was also super fun. worst class has to be jedi knight/guardian who really is very boring class to play.
If Jedi Knight/Guardian is the least fun to play I'm insanely excited to try the other classes considering how enthralled I've been with this class.

SageGaspar
01.01.2012 , 04:05 AM | #8
^^ Knights really take into the 30s to develop, and they don't get flashy moves but I think they are really fun once they do. BH gets flamethrowers and giant missile attacks at level 10 so they're definitely frontloaded on cool moves.

I really like Guardian/Juggernaut. The storylines are both pretty epic and they did a great job of making the moves for guard have finesse while the jugg just straight up brutalizes with huge swings. I love the amount of mobility and control they get over combat, bouncing around like a rabbit, throwing the saber left and right, hitting stuns and chokes and force pushing.

I also really like both agents. A ranged DPS class with a sniper rifle is a unique thing and I enjoy the cover mechanic. A melee heal class that uses an energy system instead of mana is also pretty unique. I love the challenge of pacing myself with healing, and the ability to "burst" healing when necessary but you pay the price with energy regen.

Plus the agent storyline is just amazing.

twistedtime
01.01.2012 , 04:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerslayer View Post
I cant decide between BH or IA.
IA, see I decided for you. That was easy.
You have not died until I consent..........*Warning Counter: 1*

Walldude
01.01.2012 , 04:08 AM | #10
tried knight, BH, Inq, Trooper, smuggler, trooper was best