Question - What should I do?

dlbtor

I am new to MMO.

I want to play on a PvP server but I think every person I run across will kill me with a one-hit/shot...? :(

Should I join a guild for protection?

Jedi Knight - Guardian

You can have up to 40 characters, 8 per server, 40 across 5 servers.

If you're new to MMOs, I'd suggest starting on a PvE server (you can still PvP there, you just need to 'flag up' for it or join specific areas where PvP is always going on).

On a PvP server, yes, a guild should help you, but at the same time you will be expected to protect others when you're able.

Also, just a side note, ask not what your guild can do for you, ask what you can do for your guild. But as you're new to MMOs, don't worry too much about it :)

Edited by FantasyMeister

Personally, I would roll on a non-PvP server to start with and learn the game and how it works. When you're more comfortasble with it and you feel you want to go to PvP, do so but I wouldn't rush in to it.

This is my opinion (and I'm not a PvPer so my opinion may not be valid anyway :) )

Either way, welcome to SW:TOR and enjoy the game!

Edited by umbralwarrior

You can have up to 40 characters, 8 per server, 40 across 5 servers.

If you're new to MMOs, I'd suggest starting on a PvE server (you can still PvP there, you just need to 'flag up' for it or join specific areas where PvP is always going on).

On a PvP server, yes, a guild should help you, but at the same time you will be expected to protect others when you're able.

Also, just a side note, ask not what your guild can do for you, ask what you can do for your guild. But as you're new to MMOs, don't worry too much about it :)

Thanks for the info....

It sounds like you may need a tag along to help you? (I intend to play a few hours per day if possible)

Thanks for the info....

It sounds like you may need a tag along to help you? (I intend to play a few hours per day if possible)

It doesn't matter on a PvP server, you can go around in groups of 2, 3 or 4 but if someone 20 levels higher than you decides he wants to kill the opposite faction he will probably do so.

However, he's gotta sleep sometime. As others have mentioned, starting zones are relatively safe, and you can always hone your PvP skills in PvP specific instances rather than out in the wild.