Cool, UT is at 400....now what?

Stressfire

My Merc is level 43 at the moment. I hit 400 in Underworld Trading the other day (at 42)....but what happens now? I've got Gault, Torian, and the ship droid running crew missions pretty much all the time, but what happens at (or after?) 400?

The missions do not seem to have changed at all, pretty much the same ones with the same drops (Grade 6).

Is that it?

That's it as far as the level increase (for now), but what it means is that you can send your companions out for whatever materials you need for crafting (or companion gifts), regardless of level. There's a huge advantage to not needing to buy your materials on the Galactic Trade Network.

Alternatively, you can sell materials you don't need on the GTN for some extra credits (or to recoup the credits you spent reaching 400 in Underworld Trading!).

Edited by -Wes-

I heard this a while ago but I don't think it's true, but I heard there is some crazy thing called, "crafting."

I don't craft - mostly just sell the mats on GTN. Usually make enough to recoup what I spent on the missions with a little meat on the bone for profit, seems to be working so far.

Was just curious if the missions changed or if I would get different ones as I approached 50

Welcome to the world of the 400/400 Underworld Trader

and Good Luck finding grade 5 and grade 6 underworld METAL missions. <-- these missions are rare to across in your mission list.

My UWT mission list is filled with Companion Gifts and Underworld Fabric missions.

I don't have a single synthweaver in my legacy :mad:

Edited by Falensawino

go back into the grade 3 missions and gather me some krayt dragon scales. i need them for my alt

Y'know I would if I could actually FIND any underworld metals under the grade of 4, seriously the only way I can get any of them to pop up is by buying missions off the GTN.

It's all luxury fabrics and I'm kind of sick of it.

Same here. Underworld metal just doesn't come up very often. I find that if I neglect things like companion gift missions, I get fewer options outside of gifts, and most of those are "moderate yield," which are mostly a waste of time unless I'm about to log off anyway. If I cycle a couple of the gift missions out, the queue tends to refresh with some of the more desirable metal missions.

I heard this a while ago but I don't think it's true, but I heard there is some crazy thing called, "crafting."

Well, players tend to not craft since they can't see a good profit in it and when i say profit, they tend to mean 100k per item.

They just don't get it that crafting isn't about just endgame only, its about the whole 9-49 as well, but they just think its a waste of credits and resources when it really is worth it, i mean, you MIGHT get enough commendations for your own gear needs, but not your companions' gear needs and right now, the mods and gear themselves that are crafted are just majorly overpriced, sepending 5-10k on each armoring is insanely stupid.

I know crafters need to make a profit, but it seems like that majority of the playerbase that does craft have thrown away the profit and just go for greed and they wonder why its not worth it to craft at all and just go for biochem. lol

I have suggested this idea numerous times, yet it seems to be ignored, this will indeed be the last time i try to help the community out, because it surely just gets me flamed into oblivion.

I have suggested this idea numerous times, yet it seems to be ignored, this will indeed be the last time i try to help the community out, because it surely just gets me flamed into oblivion.

Well, I won't be the one to flame you! I agree that the items that are out there are insanely over-priced as a rule. Whether materials or items, they are just outrageous. That's why I don't feel bad "under-cutting" other sellers by offering my goods for a price that covers the cost plus gives me enough profit to cover some indirect costs such as reverse engineering. I don't expect a single sale to cover all my sunk costs up to that point, though. A group of sales certainly will, and that's really the point.

I don't know why anyone would want a whole pile of credits sitting around doing nothing. IT'S A GAME! The unspent credits don't do any good, so put the darn things to use!

Which crafting skill is it that lets one make mods? Perhaps that's the one I should choose for my next character so I don't have to rely on there being another reasonable merchant out there like me.

Well, players tend to not craft since they can't see a good profit in it and when i say profit, they tend to mean 100k per item.

They just don't get it that crafting isn't about just endgame only, its about the whole 9-49 as well, but they just think its a waste of credits and resources when it really is worth it, i mean, you MIGHT get enough commendations for your own gear needs, but not your companions' gear needs and right now, the mods and gear themselves that are crafted are just majorly overpriced, sepending 5-10k on each armoring is insanely stupid.

I know crafters need to make a profit, but it seems like that majority of the playerbase that does craft have thrown away the profit and just go for greed and they wonder why its not worth it to craft at all and just go for biochem. lol

All you do is complain, yet show ZERO PROOF that it's more profitable to sell it cheaper or how much of a profit these greedy people are making. Seriously 5k per armoring is expensive? You have to be kidding! You can make more than that with 1 daily. Shoot complete a pvp match at lvl 50 and you gain 17k.

Man on my server 5k for a mod above green is a steal, they all go for 20-40k a piece. I'm leveling cybertech in hopes of bringing the price down but so many people I see just craft their own stuff instead of wasting time looking through the GTN for over priced armor/mods.

Same here. Underworld metal just doesn't come up very often. I find that if I neglect things like companion gift missions, I get fewer options outside of gifts, and most of those are "moderate yield," which are mostly a waste of time unless I'm about to log off anyway. If I cycle a couple of the gift missions out, the queue tends to refresh with some of the more desirable metal missions.

Not sure what causes missions to come up as the do (RNG?), but I almost always have at least 2 comps running metal missions.

Was watching Game of Thrones last night while waiting (and hoping) for GF to pop and was running crew missions while idle - had both Gault and Torian running metal missions pretty consistently, at one point even had Blizz doing it as well. True, sometimes all missions will be gifts or fabric, but once I run one of those usually Metal ones come back.

On JC server, blue and up mods are between 20-50k depending on stats - so there might be creds to be made doing it, but I got a bit soured on crafting from SWG (damn best on server mats that never ever show up again) and then pre-Cata WoW (crafting was just dull to me and kinda tedious)

Edited by Stressfire

Well, I won't be the one to flame you! I agree that the items that are out there are insanely over-priced as a rule. Whether materials or items, they are just outrageous. That's why I don't feel bad "under-cutting" other sellers by offering my goods for a price that covers the cost plus gives me enough profit to cover some indirect costs such as reverse engineering. I don't expect a single sale to cover all my sunk costs up to that point, though. A group of sales certainly will, and that's really the point.

I don't know why anyone would want a whole pile of credits sitting around doing nothing. IT'S A GAME! The unspent credits don't do any good, so put the darn things to use!

Which crafting skill is it that lets one make mods? Perhaps that's the one I should choose for my next character so I don't have to rely on there being another reasonable merchant out there like me.

I believe its cybertech that makes the armorings and mods, while Armstech makes the barrels and Artifice makes the hilts and enhancements.

All you do is complain, yet show ZERO PROOF that it's more profitable to sell it cheaper or how much of a profit these greedy people are making. Seriously 5k per armoring is expensive? You have to be kidding! You can make more than that with 1 daily. Shoot complete a pvp match at lvl 50 and you gain 17k.

I am referring to the leveling process, not level 50, also, i do not do pvp, its too boringly predictable to hold my interest, i was referring to armorings at level 31 or 21 even 11, being sold for like 5k to all the way up to 20k each and its totally overpriced.

The Crafters that overprice things as much as they do really do need to stop thinking short-term and think long-term.

I am referring to the leveling process, not level 50, also, i do not do pvp, its too boringly predictable to hold my interest, i was referring to armorings at level 31 or 21 even 11, being sold for like 5k to all the way up to 20k each and its totally overpriced.

The Crafters that overprice things as much as they do really do need to stop thinking short-term and think long-term.

Again you show ZERO PROOF of how it's overpriced or any type of evidence that proves your point. In addition, why do you think a low level should get all the best gear for practically nothing? I leveled up in the game before there were any crafters and I had no problem leveling up on craptastic greens. Yes, I could of leveled up on orange gear with mods, but I didn't know any better. This game is not even remotely hard to level up in.

The reason the armoring/mods are priced so high are because of the tedium of acquiring the required underworld metals, the missions for them show up sparsely and hardly give enough metals. Here is another little tip: those expensive mods you see? They are overkill for leveling, they practically make it face rolling. As a new player leveling with quest gear, heroic mission gear and flash point gear is more than good enough. Your view of "overpriced" is flawed and you should not comment on it when you obviously don't know what you are talking about.