Speech bubbles

Cave

unfortunately chat bubbles were removed before the game launched, as Bioware claimed it was causing severe lag / framerate issue (I don't understand why since it should be a display on the client only feature, and not 3D intensive either...).

Lead designer / former lead writer Daniel Erickson mentioned several times they wanted to put them back, but never gave an ETA. With him not working anymore on SWTOR, I have no idea when we'll get chat bubbles.

Edited by Oggthebase

I know a lot of people want them, but to me that is a completely useless feature I I dearly hope that it never makes it in this game.

Because other players being able to toggle speech bubbles on impacts your gameplay in a negative way?

No, that can't be it... I guess that you just think that you should have the final say-so on how other people play the game. :mon_rolleyes:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On a more helpful note, create a new chat window dedicated to local chat.

All the talk in general won't push stuff off the screen nearly as fast, so if you are somewhere trying to RP, it will be a lot easier.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, chat/speech bubbles still aren't in the game to this day and also not in Game Update 1.6 if what's on the public test server is any indication.

If you wish to see chat/speech bubbles in the game, please post in support in the following thread:

Chat Bubbles: Please add a toggle option to enable speech bubbles for say, yell and emote chat!