Luke twice as powerful as Sidious.

Rayla_Felana

Which Sidious is this referring to? Darth Sidious in his original body or Palpatine Reborn? Reborn Palpatine was far more powerful than his original self, and if my memory serves me correctly (feel free to correct me on this), it was George Lucas that established him as such, if this is true, Lucas always refers to his own universe, not the EU, so would it be correct to say that Luke isn't twice as powerful as Reborn Sidious?

Looking at Dark Empire i must say Sidious displays prowess rather close to Luke's own feats, so could Sidious in his prime actually be around 150% of Luke? i know that's a random percentage, but perhaps Sidious isn't that easily beaten by Luke.

Pretty sure they were speaking of reborn Palpatine, seeing as its stated he became far stronger then what he was in his former body.

No. It was Palpatine in his original body. The quote was taken when referencing Episode 3. In Episode 3 Palpatine was in his older body.

the question of Luke's force sensitivity is a little ridiculous, you can't be a Jedi and not be force sensitive. Besides that between his visions of the future, death, the strength of his power with the force (all of this referenced from various "Legacy of the Force" books) and the fact that he was the son of the most powerful Sith in history I think it'd be obvious that yes, he was force sensitive.

Back on the actual topic yes it was refering to Luke being stronger than the original Sidious, not his clones.

Edited by Pono

Which Sidious is this referring to? Darth Sidious in his original body or Palpatine Reborn? Reborn Palpatine was far more powerful than his original self, and if my memory serves me correctly (feel free to correct me on this), it was George Lucas that established him as such, if this is true, Lucas always refers to his own universe, not the EU, so would it be correct to say that Luke isn't twice as powerful as Reborn Sidious?

Looking at Dark Empire i must say Sidious displays prowess rather close to Luke's own feats, so could Sidious in his prime actually be around 150% of Luke? i know that's a random percentage, but perhaps Sidious isn't that easily beaten by Luke.

I'd stay Luke in his prime(When he learns all those amazing abilities) would be able to defeat Sidious, but... it'd be the closest fight we'd probably ever see in Star Wars.

the question of Luke's force sensitivity is a little ridiculous, you can't be a Jedi and not be force sensitive. Besides that between his visions of the future, death, the strength of his power with the force (all of this referenced from various "Legacy of the Force" books) and the fact that he was the son of the most powerful Sith in history I think it'd be obvious that yes, he was force sensitive.

Back on the actual topic yes it was refering to Luke being stronger than the original Sidious, not his clones.

Son of the most powerful sith..... Wut?

Well in the prequals it was always multiple Jedi vs 1 Sith. Original trilogy is 1 Jedi vs 2 Sith. Luke learns how to use the force at an old age, and beats his father the chosen one in his 2nd lightsaber duel. Then when you go into the EU....Luke was a pretty powerful dude.

What I meant was that quote was in reference to Palpatine in his older body. As it was in reference of Palpatine in the movies.

So wait.. are you saying that his frailness actually weakened him?(I always thought that the frailness never mattered since in Ep. 3 he managed to keep up with Windu, who's style was based upon speed)

I make that assumption because you stated he was more powerful in his new body. Or did I misread?

think you people quickly forget that Sidious him self said that Anakin would become more powerful then entire yoda or sidious if he had not had his accident

and lets not forget that even weakend he totally picked up sidious and tossed the old geezer down the reactor shaft :p and he seemed powerless to actually stop vader

also Luke in the final movie wasent what i'd call a fully trained jedi he was more like a half finished Padawan

Edited by AuraJurai

So wait.. are you saying that his frailness actually weakened him?(I always thought that the frailness never mattered since in Ep. 3 he managed to keep up with Windu, who's style was based upon speed)

I make that assumption because you stated he was more powerful in his new body. Or did I misread?

He was more powerful in his new body. Age does weaken a Sith/Jedi. We hear about it multiple times in lore. With Jedi claiming to be too old or even retiring from combat. Yes he was able to keep up with Windu but that's a testament to his power. It's like a veteran going up against a more youthful opponent. A youthful prodigy may lose out to the veteran due to experience.

Age can be a hindrance. When Sidious transferred to his clone bodies they were kept in their physical prime for a reason. It gave him all the power and knowledge he's gained through the years but with access to bodies that are in their physical prime. Note that Sidious and Windu's duel was described to be like a blur whereas Sidious fight with Skywalker was described to be too fast for Leia to see. That's much quicker than a blur. Not to mention Sidious reborn was capable of so much more.

Also Aura.. Luke was a full trained Jedi by Return of the Jedi. The novelization makes this very clear. No, he was no Jedi master but he was quite trained. Also while Vader was crippled on mustafar he was still one of the most powerful Sith in Star Wars history. If anyone else was grabbed by Vader by surprise there's not much they'd be able to do either.

Sidious also did return from his reactor shaft failure.

Also back to age. It's hard in Star Wars lore to discuss the ramifications of age. Take Yoda. When I say youth vs experience in Star Wars it's more. With age comes greater mastery in the force. I'm not claiming 300 year old Yoda could best 800 year old Yoda for instance but if 800 year old Yoda could go back to his 200 year old body with the mastery and experience he's gained 500 years later..

This isn't a knock on Windu. He's still one of the best duelists of all time. Sidious in the prequel trilogy was still an amazingly powerful opponent. I mean, this is demonstrated in the EU and we saw what happened when Galen Marik, who was shown to be a complete power house, went up against him. Defeating him in a lightsaber duel was beyond impressive. Just his ability to switch to a new body is kind of cheating. Not to mention Windu was still rather young himself. As I stated before, I do think by the time he was older he would have definitely surpassed Yoda.

Edited by Rhyltran