Marriage and kids?

Yermog

Legacy children - seperate class, seperate story, unlocked by completing certain characters/romance.

Workable, but defintly expansion material.

And i'd say it's planned or in the works. Because you are simply beat over the head and shoulders with it too often [every Romanced Companion goes, "blah Legacy blah children blah ad nauseam" at some point] for it to be nothing.

Ex:

'Our children will be the most powerful things the galaxy has ever seen!' -Jaessa

' I will instruct your children on the teachings of the Sith.' - Scourge.

etc.

So... eventually.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any such thing with kids would have to be short, I should think, as it'd probably be difficult to create a long story for a character's kid. Unless they worked something out in a way that I cannot think of at this very moment.

While I can see children as a cool opition for some characters of mine, others I can't see it working. For example, my main, a Chiss Bounty Hunter named Alaina, I can't see her having children (not that I can't, it just doesn't seem safe, being the most feared hunter in the galaxy). However, my alternate, a Human Imperial Agent named Daaé (yes, I got it from Phantom) can be pictured having kids. There should be an opition, if it's ever implamented, it would be fun.

Some companions will bring up adoption if you're separate races? That's interesting. I had no idea. I guess I assumed that since Sith "purebloods" and humans could reproduce that a majority of the humanoid races could do the same.

Any examples of a pair that brings up adoption rather than conception?

It just depends on the race. I picked a Chiss Bounty Hunter. The Chiss are genetically identical to humans, though they have blue skin and the glowing red eyes. I beleive that (or so I've read) that, after he proposes, Torian says something in Mando'a like "We are one together, as one apart. We will raise warriors." So, it would probably apply to the close linked races, while the otehrs can adopt.

Edited by Kikilicious

The Chiss are genetically identical to humans, though they have blue skin and the glowing red eyes.

Link? Not found any proofs that any "near-human" is able to have human kids.

"just blue skin and glowing red eyes" point at huge differences, imo. We could try to take analogues like RL human, lets say, african+oriental, but that just can't work like this.

All "colours" in RL depend (mostly) on a level of ONE pigment, which is melanin. Everyone has it, some have more and some - less, depends on some factors, but it's not really the difference.

Mirialan should have something like "green"in (which is also different for each, as skin tone may vary from pale yellow to emerald green), chiss - some "blue"nin, which works same way for their race. But mirialan\chiss+human...seem to have a problem.

If there are any RL biologists\medics - I'd love to hear their thoughts about it, by the way. and\ or have (at last) some lore-wise facts.

Oh lord..

If that's true, i demand a Condom vendor, so this won't happend!

Oh yess!!! Give us, biochems, an option to mix contraceptive stims and adrenals!!! :D

Use before blackscreens - or become a happy parents! Rakata ones are not consumed, critical ones last longer and add....uhm...sumsing to process. :rolleyes:

Link? Not found any proofs that any "near-human" is able to have human kids.

"just blue skin and glowing red eyes" point at huge differences, imo. We could try to take analogues like RL human, lets say, african+oriental, but that just can't work like this.

All "colours" in RL depend (mostly) on a level of ONE pigment, which is melanin. Everyone has it, some have more and some - less, depends on some factors, but it's not really the difference.

Mirialan should have something like "green"in (which is also different for each, as skin tone may vary from pale yellow to emerald green), chiss - some "blue"nin, which works same way for their race. But mirialan\chiss+human...seem to have a problem.

If there are any RL biologists\medics - I'd love to hear their thoughts about it, by the way. and\ or have (at last) some lore-wise facts.

I actually can't link my source. I read it in the physical copy of the Star Wars: The Offical Species guide. It said that the Chiss are genetically identical to humans, but the skin/eyes are a result of a larger concentration of oxygen on the planet and some glacial radiation.

I do realize that everyone has melanin. However, different skin colors in real life area result of the suns radiation and the human's location on the planet. For example, Africans are dark, as they were in a warmer area and the darker skin keeps them cool. When the humans migrated to Eruope/Asia, weather factors determined their physical appearence as well; the cold weather contributed to the lighter skin showing up in offspring.

So yeah, that's how I figure that the Chiss and Humans can breed. It's like a Black/White couple having a child. A blend of both. But, that's just my though process :p

Edited by Kikilicious

I do realize that everyone has melanin. However, different skin colors in real life area result of the suns radiation and the human's location on the planet.

It's true, that colors somewhat depend on location and few other factors, but still it IS amount of same melanin pigment that varies and make skin color darker\lighter. Most common example - one can get browner in summer on a beach, and frekles are also not that rare. We do not get anything extra, we do not turn aliens, and in shown example changes are temporary.

So yeah, that's how I figure that the Chiss and Humans can breed. It's like a Black/White couple having a child. A blend of both. But, that's just my though process :p

Human+chiss =\= black human+white human. In our case similar couples would look something like "light-blue chiss+dark blue chiss" (or "pale olive mirialan+emerald green mirialan", or "yellow twi'lek+blue twi'lek")

The only "prooflink" we seem to have is a line from wookipedia, which states that "Biologically, many Near-Humans were capable of interbreeding with baseline Humans."

But "many" are not "all", and both no spieces or sources are named directly.

It said that the Chiss are genetically identical to humans, but the skin/eyes are a result of a larger concentration of oxygen on the planet and some glacial radiation.

"The Essential Guide to Alien Species" (as presented on wookipedia) does say that their skin\eye color somehow depend on amount of oxygen. "The more oxygen present, the more intense the color of their eyes and skin tone. " But I don't think it works as "pro", more likel "con" to me. If skin pigment is oxygen-sensitive (unlike ours) it does show we have more differenes, then "just a color". I can even name one common earthen thing, which does have blue hydroxide - it's copper. And in case it is somehow involved here - it should bring even more trouble for interbreeding. As it would point out on some huge methabolism differences.

However, genetic analysis indicated that they (chiss) were an offshoot of humanity, and it was believed that moving underground led to a divergence between them and baseline Humans.

Divergence seem to be more "official" point, yes, but I also found the idea of convergent evolution. E.g this article http://www.eucantina.net/archives/11548 is written by biologist, and though it does not involve interbreeding questions - it has some interesting facts and ideas about biology of aliens in SWU. Also, even if taking "divergence" way, no one knows 100% are that "ofshoots" still able to reproduce with "original" humans after many ages of living in different parts of the galaxy.

So what we need is either lore-support (with inner "science" references) or real medical\biological facts, that would either support the idea of interbreeding among near-human spieces or kill it.

Edited by NRieh

Why not have it so the kids only you can see? Like they run around on your ship and such, keeps everybody happy.

Something tells me you dont have kids. I wouldn't let mine running around my ship even if army of wookies were watching them. All the chances that on returning from mission we'd find no ship, no wookies and Gus tied to the smugglers hangar door. :D

While I am sure that the choice to virtually procreate should be introduced (somehow) I won't be doing that. I honestly can't see how having a child would really help my smuggler character to become more "complete". And I am 100% sure she wouldn't bother to get 'married' if she did. That, and how on earth would she manage daycare while kicking Imp backside??? No - not adding anything imo. If anything, taking away. And I say that as a RL parent who adores her son. Edited by MistressKiki

Let see Vette would probably teach them to slice, Broonmark would eat them, Pierce would turn them into bullies, LS Jaesa would teach them to be nice, DS Jaesa would teach them to kill and Quinn would teach them to be honorable, loyal and by far be the best influence on them.

Let see Vette would probably teach them to slice, Broonmark would eat them, Pierce would turn them into bullies, LS Jaesa would teach them to be nice, DS Jaesa would teach them to kill and Quinn would teach them to be honorable, loyal and by far be the best influence on them.

For the Bounty Hunter:

Mako would also teach them how to slice, Blizz would teach them how to work with metals and probably go on adventures with the child, Skadge will teach them that violence is the only way to succed, Gault would teach them how to con EVERYONE, and Torian would raise them as Mandalorians (he would also be the father). So yeah.... my characters kids will either be violent, a con, a slicer, a Mandalorian, or a Scavenger. Love it :p

For the Bounty Hunter:

Mako would also teach them how to slice, Blizz would teach them how to work with metals and probably go on adventures with the child, Skadge will teach them that violence is the only way to succed, Gault would teach them how to con EVERYONE, and Torian would raise them as Mandalorians (he would also be the father). So yeah.... my characters kids will either be violent, a con, a slicer, a Mandalorian, or a Scavenger. Love it :p

Lets see.... Elara would teach them to be good and teach them about how to heal someone.

Aric would teach them how to snipe somebody "In BETWEEN the Eyes!"

Yunn would..... well, yunn would..... um, i really dont know what Yunn would do, i guess glare at them.

Tanno would teach them how to

A. Con Someone

B. Kill the Person

C. Dispose of the Evidence

D. Blow up the place the person died at

M1? well, M1 would probably be giving them a piggy-back ride while burning Imperials alive.

So besides Elara and occasionaly Aric, I wouldn't trust any kid I had with these psychopathes

I think having kids in the game would be a good addition. If they did add kids maybe they should have them be companions or like Risha at the beginning of the smuggler story, have them just be passengers on the ship. I don't know though I have so many ideas of how they could fit into the game. I hope they add kids but seeing that we have the legacy thing to make other characters part of a family tree already I doubt they will. But still we could still always tell Bioware that that's something that we would like in the game.

I think having kids in the game would be a good addition. If they did add kids maybe they should have them be companions or like Risha at the beginning of the smuggler story, have them just be passengers on the ship. I don't know though I have so many ideas of how they could fit into the game. I hope they add kids but seeing that we have the legacy thing to make other characters part of a family tree already I doubt they will. But still we could still always tell Bioware that that's something that we would like in the game.

I would love to see it kids in-game, but after raising them a bit, they become legacy chars.

I'm not too sure how well it would work out without running into a " fable" sort of feeling and they can somehow jump months, to years ahead etc etc...

though Im not opposed to it leading to a " need to protect them" sort of story arch, given you become a very important figure in the Republic or Empire, be it imps trying to get at you, and or rivals wanting your power there is plenty of room for those sort of stories.

Another thing that may bother me, I think because I actually am a Mother, is that while fairly stylized-without a hitch- overly Hollywood-ized romances are one thing, but bringing children into the mix would just... I guess I want to say that the forced feeling, and unnatural nature of how it would play out would stand out too too boldly in my mind.

Perhaps there will be an expansion that DOES jump 25 years into the future. All your current toons get aged a bit but still playable. Then you get 8 more char slots to have progeny. Once you make it to that part in a primary toons story then a new char slot opens. Then after a certain amount of levels or legacy xp you can then create a 25 year old son or daughter with traits from the parents.

Then again this is a bit too SIMS for me.

This is one of those types of questions that has no answer apparently, children with your characters wouldn't be actually possible since everything happens at the same time....the Legacy system is for relatives, spouces and whatnot that is linked through your main character thats what its all about....so i think they will link everything from your main character and branch it out....but im willing to wait till after the March Update and find out more about the Legacy System.

No, there are children in the Legacy System. I'm pretty sure your child gets one of your abilities.

time to populate the galaxy with a brood of ninja smurflings

edit: hmmm

kaleiyo... im keeping my kids the heck away from her. untill theyre 21...then she can take them out on a "go wild" 21st bday party.

lokin can be the teacher/family doctor

temple would be a good nanny/teach them dicipline

scorpio probably will just observe/cull the weakest kids if i don't keep an eye on her

and dad/vector... well hes got a whole hive of potential babysitters if need be :D if anything, he will teach the kids to be polite and courteous.

My legacy is DeChimera, my main char, while not her name, i have dubbed Echidna " mother of all monsters"

my linneage will all be of greek mythical monsters.

Edited by Crezelle

Hm... Raising my Troopers kids...

Elara is the mother...

Tanno Vik is that uncle I would like to keep from them.

Aric Jorgan would be that strict uncle-type-fellow who doesn't let the kid have any fun...

M1-4X would be the cool uncle-type-droid who takes my kid out shooting Imperials for fun.

Yuun could be the one who teaches the kid how to understand Gand-ese!