Auction needs changing. Badly.

Shaiar

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, when I have navigated through 500 leg/hand/belt/chest slots to find 1 helmet because I can't search by slot, stop having my window disappear because my crew member comes back from a mission, meaning I have to go back in, set all the limited filters we have and scroll through all the bloody items all over again!!!!

Oh god, THIS!

GTN is awful right now. They NEED to fix this or the economy will never stabilize.

It seems like the most obvious need is a "slot" category which should go in immediately.

If that was there I could live with the rest but it is disappointing that with so many examples from other games out there this is the worst broker system I've ever seen.

I personally like the system in EQ2 better than WoW but either of them is much better than this one. Even EQ1's archaic system is better than this one - at least you can search for what you need with it.

It is possible that I'm wrong but I don't think the intent for green gear was to be vendor fodder equal to grey gear but with the searching the way it is everyone I know is just throwing it away on a vendor instead of even trying to sell it.

Bumping this since it went to page 3 since this morning - apparently we need more than a full page of threads about slicing nerfs.

This affects all tradeskillers. People who make things need a good system to sell/trade them. Lots of people enjoy playing the market in MMOs they play and in this game it just isn't fun.

I've honestly just avoided the GTN in general because it's such a pain in the *** to get to. Limiting it solely to the fleet just destroys its accessibility and makes it anything but "galactic". I'm not going to bother wasting the time to fly back to the fleet and post something when I can just vendor it or spam general to sell it and keep doing what I want and slicing for direct profit. Edited by Khadroth

Bioware please go look at WoW's AH and try to make it as easy to use as it is. Shift-click an item to search for it is a MUST.

WoW's AH was basically garbage until the Auctioneer add-on showed them how it was done. So if you're going to point them anywhere, they need to go pay attention to how Auctioneer's UI did things.

Even AoC had a better auction house then SWtOR.

Then there's the whole "2 day" limit on auctions, which I despise.

2 simple changes are all that's really needed:

1 - Make it so I can search by name without selecting any categories.

2 - Make it so I can search by slot.

The rest, you can add as you go. Those two? They needed to go in yesterday.

Yeah, the GTN gui needs some improvement, quite badly. There needs to be a way to search by name without putting in all the subcategories. Also you should be able to clear the price fully, i dislike how it auto sets it to 1. It should just not let you post without a price.

Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head, either way though, the GTN needs improvement.

Frankly, I don't see much use of the auction house.

Why would anyone try to sell something when you can buy equal or better gear from an NPC on every planet.

Why would you do missions for mats or farm mats to sell when you find soo many nodes... everywhere! There will never be a shortage of crafting mats. The prices will always be low.

I just went to a 47-50 planet as lvl 31 and checked the "slicing boxes" that litter the floor. 1300 gold every minute or so in profit. No mobs are guarding them. The gear you could buy with "commendations" sure makes it meaningless to buy anything up to lvl 50.

The feeling of accomplishment in this game has me severly underwhelmed. Am actually thinking about quitting since there is no sense of individuality. By doing slicing missions I get the same schematic 5 times. Everyone will have everything in the end.

Love how "go back to WoW" is everyone's argument to when a large part of the community wants something to be changed for the better. It has a better auction house and also the GTN is an AH. Deal with it

If there is no bidding, it is not an AH. It is a sales kiosk, much akin to the bazaar in EQ.

Also, when I have navigated through 500 leg/hand/belt/chest slots to find 1 helmet because I can't search by slot, stop having my window disappear because my crew member comes back from a mission, meaning I have to go back in, set all the limited filters we have and scroll through all the bloody items all over again!!!!

So true!!!

The windows management is the worst part of the UI - and that's saying a LOT!!!!

This "feature" has annoyed me countless times already.

This has probably been said, but I don't have time to sift through 10 pages, so I will be brief and generally give my support:

Besides the lack of refined search tools, it is VERY frustrating that:

1. There are not GTN terminals in every major starport; thus making it less of an incentive for leveling players to purchase crafted goods.

2. The Neutral (Nar Shadda) and Imperial & Rebel GTN's are not linked.

These and other things work to make it unnecessarily more difficult for crafters to sell goods and pay for grinding.

I agree the design of the GTN is absolutely appalling. It doesn't need to be fixed, it needs to be scrapped and redesigned from scratch. For a game that copied everything from WoW to the nth degree, it would have been nice if they copied WoW's auction house with the functionality provided by the Auctioneer mod.

Creating an interface that requires you to search through hundreds of items displayed with a tiny, illegible font only to be interrupted by your comps returning from missions and forcing you to go through the whole grueling process again shows a stunning lack of common sense on Bioware's part.

This never should have made it past the drawing board let alone through Beta and into the Release.