Why should we pay?

nezzertheone

Why in hell are you having a maintenance at 6 [edit]: PM , this is the time when people actually have time to play, why don't have the service in the middle of the night. Oh, sorry I forget, it's night in USA. I pay for this game, but instead I have to look on a screen that shows "server offline".

Give me one reason to not quit this game.

And all the futures that comes in patch 1.2 should have been in the game from start. Why start from the beginning, instead of taking all the good things from, for example World of Warcraft and continue build on that.

I thought you could make something nice out of the Star Wars Theme, but you failed, as everyone else that tries to compete with WoW.

I don't complain I just want to know. Why pay for something old, I want to pay for something new, and the story that makes you guys on Bioware so "speciel" will not last forever. When the story ends, your game will too if you not make a drastic move.

This game allready lost a bunch of players, and more will quit, I ensure you that.

Edited by Sireene
lang

Why in hell are you having a maintenance at 6 am, this is the time when people actually have time to play, why don't have the service in the middle of the night. Oh, sorry I forget, it's night in USA. I pay for this game, but instead I have to look on a screen that shows "server offline".

And all the futures that comes in patch 1.2 should have been in the game from start. Why start from the beginning, instead of taking all the good things from, for example World of Warcraft and continue build on that.

I thought you could make something nice out of the Star Wars Theme, but you failed, as everyone else that tries to compete with WoW.

I don't complain I just want to know. Why pay for something old, I want to pay for something new, and the story that makes you guys on Bioware so "speciel" will not last forever. When the story ends, your game will too if you not make a drastic move.

This game allready lost a bunch of players, and more will quit, I ensure you that.

Actually, the forums have lost a bunch of trolls, but the game hasn't lost a bunch of players.

Just sayin.

I'm in the USA, and the servers just went down again. Its noon right now. Noon. But guess what, I'm not complaining. Because I know how online games work, there are these things called updates that go out once a week on a scheduled time. And occasionally there are these things call Hotfixes that happen after those scheduled updates, to fix any problems caused by them.

Derp.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

Would you rather suffer through server maintenance 1 day a week and have the game run. Or deal with crippling bugs and performance issues that would certainly result from not maintaining the game's infrastructure?

I realize it can be frustrating when you want to play, but its a necessary evil.

Why in hell are you having a maintenance at 6 am, this is the time when people actually have time to play, why don't have the service in the middle of the night. Oh, sorry I forget, it's night in USA. I pay for this game, but instead I have to look on a screen that shows "server offline".

All I can really say to this is:

"Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you"

Seriously... there are plenty of things that are legitimate to complain about but complaining about them doing maintenance at a time when server loads are at their lowest is stupid. And, no, 6am is not primetime. Primetime is from about 6:00pm to about midnight in whatever timezone you are in.

As to the quality of the game? In all honesty I've played every major MMO out there either during beta a free trial or actually paying for a subscription. None of them were/are as good as SWTOR is at their releases... not a single one, including WOW. The only one even remotely comparable was Dark Age of Camelot and that one was only better in the PVP department (to this day I still say the RVR system in DAOC is the best implementation of PVP I've had the pleasure of enjoying).

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

It is just 30min downtime right now for server restarts.

Overall the game has really high uptime.

But I am in the US so if you are talking about the regular downtime for maintenance then I guess that sucks for Non-US people?

If you can't deal with the game running on US time zones, play one based and serviced in the EU or Asia and stop freaking crying already. Put on your big boy panties, suck it up, and play when it's available to their core players, or not at all. No one will miss your whiny ***.

Just quit. I dont have a reason for you to stay and i dont really care if you do or dont. If you think that patching a game once a week is bad then please just dont play. Just go on to another MMO. Or maybe not as they all do it once a week. Also if you think most people have time to play at 6am then i'd love to know what planet ya from.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

Why should any argument be given for you to not quit? Bioware has legions of loyal customers that enjoy the product they've put out. You don't like it? Quit. For when you quit, I can guarantee that that day you quit, atleast five people sign up. They might not enjoy the game in the end, but the bottom line is for the money they lose from you, they gain from other subscribers and those who buy the game. They're beyond the point of breaking even, and have defiantly by now passed it. Even if the game does fail at some point, bioware will have made millions (if not billions), making it an economic success, with the only downside being that a product failed. Bad PR, but with the sales, the executives won't care.

So go ahead and quit. Bioware could care less, and honestly, I think every else doesn't care either.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

Why in hell are you having a maintenance at 6 am, this is the time when people actually have time to play, why don't have the service in the middle of the night. Oh, sorry I forget, it's night in USA. I f*****g pay for this game, but instead I have to look on a screen that shows "server offline".

And if the "Grammar police" shows up I don't give a ****.

In short, you are a fool. I don't think you really deserve more typing than that...

I enjoy this game. It is only a few months past release. You are obviously a Wrathbaby if you think that WoW was perfect at launch. No pvp system, no battlegrounds, one raid that nobody did. There was next to nothing, and the servers crashed constantly. They used to give out full rested xp every time the server crashed because it happened so often. SWTOR's launch has been the smoothest of any MMO I've ever played, and I've been playing them since SWG, which is just a bit before MMO's became a massive craze. Sure, there are lots of things that need polished. Server maintenance is not one of them.

Either way, bugger off out of SWTOR and every MMO in general. You obviously don't understand that it is a process of trial. Endgame takes time to develop. When Blackwing Lair's tier 2 armour was introduced, all of the pieces were placeholders in the form of reskinned, low level green armour. It took well over eight months to reskin the best armour in the game into something that didn't look like a level 35 would be wearing it. Zul'Gurub, the first 20 man raid, took about 7 months to introduce. Bioware is already working on their 2nd big content patch.

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

Actually, the forums have lost a bunch of trolls, but the game hasn't lost a bunch of players.

Just sayin.

I'm in the USA, and the servers just went down again. Its noon right now. Noon. But guess what, I'm not complaining. Because I know how online games work, there are these things called updates that go out once a week on a scheduled time. And occasionally there are these things call Hotfixes that happen after those scheduled updates, to fix any problems caused by them.

Derp.

I wish people would stop defending Bioware, They are making the same mistakes that other company's have made for the last 15 years in mmo gaming. and haven't learned a thing. the OP is right why should we pay for a broken buggy game.

EVE Online has a 1 hour maintenance every single day. Don't think I've ever seen their player-base complaining about it.

If you don't want to pay for the professional service Bioware is providing, then go play Fly For Fun or Legend Of Edda or the other few hundred korean free2play mmo's, they have hardly any maintenance downtime ever. Of course they have a few hundred million bugs that make their games barely playable too because of it. :p

For the rest of you here is what the restart is for.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=356502

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=356486

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=356465

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

Would you rather suffer through server maintenance 1 day a week and have the game run. Or deal with crippling bugs and performance issues that would certainly result from not maintaining the game's infrastructure?

I realize it can be frustrating when you want to play, but its a necessary evil.

As if we dont already deal with crippling bugs and crippling fps issues due to a crappy engine and design flaws. Lol

Somehow I doubt they were up that early to play SWTOR...

I do I get up sometimes and play at 4 am before i have to go to work. i don't always feel like logging in and dealing with a buggy broken game at night, when i have to fix other peoples computer problems all day.

I enjoy this game. It is only a few months past release. You are obviously a Wrathbaby if you think that WoW was perfect at launch. No pvp system, no battlegrounds, one raid that nobody did. There was next to nothing, and the servers crashed constantly. They used to give out full rested xp every time the server crashed because it happened so often. SWTOR's launch has been the smoothest of any MMO I've ever played, and I've been playing them since SWG, which is just a bit before MMO's became a massive craze. Sure, there are lots of things that need polished. Server maintenance is not one of them.

Either way, bugger off out of SWTOR and every MMO in general. You obviously don't understand that it is a process of trial. Endgame takes time to develop. When Blackwing Lair's tier 2 armour was introduced, all of the pieces were placeholders in the form of reskinned, low level green armour. It took well over eight months to reskin the best armour in the game into something that didn't look like a level 35 would be wearing it. Zul'Gurub, the first 20 man raid, took about 7 months to introduce. Bioware is already working on their 2nd big content patch.

my hero... I agree totally.

I actually play this game becasu it doesnt have all the crap WoW does.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

I do I get up sometimes and play at 4 am before i have to go to work. i don't always feel like logging in and dealing with a buggy broken game at night, when i have to fix other peoples computer problems all day.

the question stands, if it's so "buggy and broken" why are you even still playing? Or do you just enjoy complaining?