An in-depth look at: Sidious' Death

Aurbere

This was a Very Nice and informative read - I know very little about post ROTJ Star Wars so I learned a few things here :)

One Thing that I've always found Interesting - is that people always use Sidious killing Vader with Force Lightning as proof of Vader's Extreme Vulnerability to it - However the Scene itself to me Shows Vader has a bit of RESISTANCE to it....

There is not One person that I have seen - that is actually HIT by Sidious' Lightning - that is not immediately Stunned, Knocked Back or Writhing in Agony ASIDE from Vader..... Even Yoda or Mace (Who was killed by it too - the ROTS novel seems to Indicate that Mace Was dead from the lightning before the impact of the fall)

Vader manged to pick Sidious up - Walk with Him While Receiveing a Constant barage of Lightning and then Throw him Down the Shaft....

Anybody else in that Situation would have Probably Spasmed (lost all control of thier motor functions) and Dropped Sidious as Soon as the lightning Touched them - Yes Vader died afterwards but Many would been killed Instantly by the Lightning itself long before that......(to even tell their Son that he redeemed them :p)

i see vaders death as the same as sions, not only did the machines keep vader alive but also the dark side when he let it go to save Luke that was what did it. i mean when he asks Luke to take his mask off luke fears that will kill him which vader says "nothing can stop that now" which makes me think that yes his suit was damaged but combined with him letting go of the dark side he was no longer saving himself from the brink of death.

on a side not i find it funny that he could pick up a grown man with only one hand.

Edited by Kaisernick

i see vaders death as the same as sions, not only did the machines keep vader alive but also the dark side when he let it go to save Luke that was what did it. i mean when he asks Luke to take his mask off luke fears that will kill him which vader says "nothing can stop that now" which makes me think that yes his suit was damaged but combined with him letting go of the dark side he was no longer saving himself from the brink of death.

on a side not i find it funny that he could pick up a grown man with only one hand.

Vader was pretty much living off of the Dark Side. The life support systems kept him alive, but the Dark Side kept him going. Once he was redeemed, he died because he let go of the Dark Side and acknowledged and accepted his death.

• 2 months later...

My friend,you should be proud of yourself. Your historian threads are well-written,informative,and offer many views

of the matter. Very impresive as Vader would say. Very impressive indeed. But the only thing that is better and "stronger" than your threads is your will for work so you can offer people the best of it. You are an example

of hard work and good resulting that all people should be inspired of. And your commitment to your work

is just the cherry on the top,and so is the quality,of your admirable and unique spirit. And as the years pass

I wish you good luck and success to your future work,and that people enjoy your threads as much as I do.

To Aurbere !

My friend,you should be proud of yourself. Your historian threads are well-written,informative,and offer many views

of the matter. Very impresive as Vader would say. Very impressive indeed. But the only thing that is better and "stronger" than your threads is your will for work so you can offer people the best of it. You are an example

of hard work and good resulting that all people should be inspired of. And your commitment to your work

is just the cherry on the top,and so is the quality,of your admirable and unique spirit. And as the years pass

I wish you good luck and success to your future work,and that people enjoy your threads as much as I do.

To Aurbere !

Well, gosh! I guess all I can say is thank you and look forward to future threads.

Thanks again. :)

The reason why Vader wasn't staggered or stunned by the Sidious's force lightning is that the main purpose of force lightning is to cause pain, something Vader has been living with for 20 years. The lightning did however destroy or severely damage the mechanisms in his armor that were keeping him alive.