Just hit 50!

MikeFL

Hey all,

I just hit 50 on my main character, my Sith Sorc that I have had since launch. I've never made it to the level cap/endgame of a MMO before so I ask...what next? I was told your first set of raid gear (Tionese?) is free, so where can I get that? Also...and possibly more imporantly...which alt should I level next? Operative healer or Powertech tank? :D

Hey all,

I just hit 50 on my main character, my Sith Sorc that I have had since launch. I've never made it to the level cap/endgame of a MMO before so I ask...what next? I was told your first set of raid gear (Tionese?) is free, so where can I get that? Also...and possibly more imporantly...which alt should I level next? Operative healer or Powertech tank? :D

Honestly, I'd create a character on the opposite faction and level that up. All of the quests are completely different, so it really helps to keep things fresh.

Grats on reaching 50. You will be getting the new Tionese gear (from a quest started in your mail) and a Recruit pvp gear (quest started from the pvp terminal) for free. Enjoy your dailies and Flashpoints on your sorcerer :-)

As to what to level next, it depends on what your sorcerer does (healing or dps). If you do healing on her, try out a dps or a tank class. You might also want to try out the Imperial Agent class, it's class storyline is the best in my opinion.

Thanks for the replies so far everyone.

I leveled my Sorc as a hybrid (mostly damage + healing) with Khem tanking the entire time, so depending on the fight (trash, silver + trash, gold, boss, etc) my rotation was generally Lightning to proc Madness, then Madness + Affliction, death field, by this point switch to Khem and re-up his bubble, throw a coupe heals his way and start on my damage rotation again. I would heal in FPs most of the time but did some DPS roles as well. I have to say I loed playing as a Sorc, tons of fun and so much utility with our knockback, bubble, slows, stuns, DOTS, etc.

I do have a Jedi Guardian at level 28 that I will likely try to finish, but I recently joined a guild Empire side and I don't want to neglect that. My two Empire alts are my Operative (will be specced to heal) and Powertech (shield tech tank with some pyro thrown in), both fairly low levels (and I might reroll my Powertech to change gender from male to female, undecided yet).

Thanks for the replies so far everyone.

I leveled my Sorc as a hybrid (mostly damage + healing) with Khem tanking the entire time, so depending on the fight (trash, silver + trash, gold, boss, etc) my rotation was generally Lightning to proc Madness, then Madness + Affliction, death field, by this point switch to Khem and re-up his bubble, throw a coupe heals his way and start on my damage rotation again. I would heal in FPs most of the time but did some DPS roles as well. I have to say I loed playing as a Sorc, tons of fun and so much utility with our knockback, bubble, slows, stuns, DOTS, etc.

I do have a Jedi Guardian at level 28 that I will likely try to finish, but I recently joined a guild Empire side and I don't want to neglect that. My two Empire alts are my Operative (will be specced to heal) and Powertech (shield tech tank with some pyro thrown in), both fairly low levels (and I might reroll my Powertech to change gender from male to female, undecided yet).

Well, if your Sorc is guilded, you can ask about joining Operations runs. End-game operations runs can be tons of fun. It's what I enjoy alot about MMO's, as it's the best chance of all to really get to know your guildies. Nothing like taking down a boss with cheers from your guildmates ringing through your voice-chat! Very exciting!

If you do decide to dabble in operations runs, make sure to let your guildies know you're inexperienced. The boss fights have particular strategies, so you'll want someone to explain where you need to stand and what you need to do, before each fight.

Also try to determine what role you'd best like to play during operations runs, too. DPS is a good place to start, if you're new to end-game runs through operations. Although I adore the healing role, so that most of my characters end up healing before long, shrug. You may wish to consider speccing to heals eventually.

And as I'm a complete and utter alt-oholic, I'll never fail to remind you to keep your alts leveling up. There are so many awesome stories in this game, it's not even funny!

Congrats.

My first was a sith sorc as well and I still enjoy running him through the dailies just to play him and for some gear upgrades. Even if you are looking to an alt, you sorc can still be played and enjoyed.

As far as your next alt, there are some good comments above and Indeed it comes down to the class and faction that you would enjoy. If you want to go to the other end of the experience pole, you may look to a JK. You will have a melee instead of ranged and go through the Republic side of the quests. A JK will make the game new and fresh. I am currently leveling an IA sniper (level 37 now) and absolutely love it. The story is indeed very good and I can't wait to see what happens next. Beyond that, the ranged and slower play style, compared to melee, is much enjoyable and the character can run and shoot and lob granades on the move. Just a fun class.

Do you want to play a tanking class which will kill slowly but stand there and be beaten on and laugh it off? Do you want to play a healer that is squishy and also kills things slowly, but can self heal through most damage?. Or do you want to force leap into the middle of a group of mobs and mow them down?

In the end, the answer probably is to try things out and see what you enjoy the most. On first look, I found the IA the least appealing way to go but having tried it just love it.

Gratz! I loved capping my first toon. What is strange is that all of the sudden my mission log was full and quite honestly it seemed I had so much to do I did not know where to start. And BTW, you are getting some great advice here. Here is my 2 cents.

-If you are not in a guild, you should find one. It doesn't have to be a hardcore raid guild but one that runs OPs etc. It is much better to go into an Ops for your first time with peeps that are predisposed to help and explain and have fun. PUGs are mixed bag and some people expect you to know everything and would rather kick you rather than take the time to help you.

-Your hybrid spec sounds great for leveling but you might consider respecing to specialize in one role or another. If you are going to heal any at all, you need to be a dedicated healer. Healing can be quite intense in an Ops so just a few healing abilities won't help much. As a dps, you don't need to help heal. Quite simply you should have 2 healers in your group who should carry the load. And besides as a dps your complete attention should be on damage. So I suggest you pick one role, maximize the abilities to fit that role, and only focus on that.

-Most of all, have fun! There is a learning curve, so don't let wipes or deaths get to you. Pretty soon, with better gear and experience you will fly through endgame.

Oh and don't forget the HM flashpoints. They are a good way to gear up and they don't take to much time.

Edited by Rafaman

Since you like the versatility of a sorc, I'd say probably go Shadow (since you likely don't want to do the Insquisitor story again with an Assassin). It's easiest to make a shadow tank, but infiltration spec is definitely the most fun. If you're in the mood for guns, stealth and mayhem, scrapper scoundrel is pretty similar to infiltration shadow but they have to bind more keys because of a larger rotation. There are advantages though, they can heal and they have two cc's (one droid, one human). If you want the true ninja feeling though, I suggest shadow infiltration.

Any way you decide, good luck and congratulations on the 50.

P.S. and to echo Rafaman, you definitely want at least 31 points in one spec

Edited by TheNevet