Lost Island HM should have better loot.

Interesting. I stand corrected.

I'm going to try to convince my group to re-gear in Tionese just to see how far we get. I'll MOX the fight so we can get an idea of what sort of dps we can get on that fight with that gear.

Granted, they may laugh in my face and say "No thanks" ...

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think armor drops are fin the way it is right now. What i want is more credits to be droped by the bosses... sometimes you can die a lot in that instance and the repair bill can reach the 50k or 80k credits...

Now, an 80k HM LI repair bill is a heck of a dedicated run.

I think armor drops are fin the way it is right now. What i want is more credits to be droped by the bosses... sometimes you can die a lot in that instance and the repair bill can reach the 50k or 80k credits...

There really shouldn't be any wipes in this instance if you know what you are doing.

Shadow tank, Sentinel, Commando and Scoundrel have by far been the easiest group I have done LI in. You really have to have min of 2 interrupters for that mob. Running thru with my 5 different 50s, it is doable in lower gear only if you have the right classes and the right people. We currently are farming it working our members thru it to get the unlock for the speeders. But once people get the unlock it is the one place they dont wish to go back to.

I do the instance on a regular basis, almost daily since GF tier 1 FPs are bugged if you que with a full group, but tier 2 isnt. It isnt a hard instance, and it can be 3 man, but the fact that a developer says it is tuned for tionesse leveled players made me question the difficulty for that low of gear.

I must be doing something wrong... I've got BH and mostly Rakata/Columi gear and have never successfully made it past the first boss encounter... I read someone posting who was a Scoundrel who said they had trouble keeping his/her mates alive. The Scoundrel and his/her mates all had high level gear.

There really shouldn't be any wipes in this instance if you know what you are doing.

LOL I find that those that really do not need the gear have no problem, so kinda defeats the purpose of being there!

Basically you outgear the content so the rewards pretty much suck.

I must be doing something wrong... I've got BH and mostly Rakata/Columi gear and have never successfully made it past the first boss encounter... I read someone posting who was a Scoundrel who said they had trouble keeping his/her mates alive. The Scoundrel and his/her mates all had high level gear.

We one shot it with a Vangard tank or a Shadow tank. Do not have a Guardian tank.

I will say that with all Melee that Lost Island is insanely hard to do versus all ranged it makes it a cake walk.

I heal it on my Sawbones and DPS it on my Sage.

I feel the devs did a good job balancing LI and it drops appropriate loot. I just leveled an alt to 50 on my server as sniper lethality dps and the second I dinged I did a HM LI run. I was able to do it easily while wearing green questing loot with some blues. I also got lucky and every boss dropped sniper loot. The hm fps and operations are relatively easy its all about executing and doing your job right. As long as you continue your rotation and you don't stand in stuff you should be fine. The loot is plenty good for the difficultly.

You fail to mention you were carried, had all 4 players in your group been equally as poorly geared as you claim you were then it would have failed spectacularly. Had I encountered you in my pug group you would have been kicked for being a free loader.

i really like the answer of dev.

It does not surprise me, that good player can clear HM LI in tionese. People, including me, often don't know or have the skill to fully exploit the possibility of they avatar. Maybe they are doing 70-80% of the full dps they are capable.

A group of good player, that knows how to maximise their healing and dps, can do well in HM LI in tionese. And for the great risks they take, they receive awesome reward (columi is a strong upgrade when you wear tionese)

In columi, the risk is strongly reduce, you get much more flexibility and margin for personal mistake, but the reward is lessened.

in rakata/BH gear, the flashpoint is essentially trivial, but there is no reward beside the 8 comm weekly. The HM LI iq awesome, i hope the dev continue on that path and don't make the mistake other MMO did, making smalll group content and AOE snoozefest.

The only notable issue I've seen with this FP is during phase II and III of the Loken fight. Even with some decently geared/knowledgeable players the healers tend to run out of force or ammo. I've usually had to throw out some extra heals on my commando in order to keep everyone alive. I almost never pug this since the group finder tends to put me together with 16k hp tanks and 14k hp dpsers. :D

Despite the difficulty of the instance it's great fun to run it, as long as the players know what they are doing and are not terribly under geared for it.

The challenge has been made.

Now we just need for some brave souls to gear up in Tionese and see if they can do LI HM, will be really impressive if they take 2 melee as dps as well.

Edited by ICSWOR

The only notable issue I've seen with this FP is during phase II and III of the Loken fight. Even with some decently geared/knowledgeable players the healers tend to run out of force or ammo. I've usually had to throw out some extra heals on my commando in order to keep everyone alive. I almost never pug this since the group finder tends to put me together with 16k hp tanks and 14k hp dpsers. :D

Despite the difficulty of the instance it's great fun to run it, as long as the players know what they are doing and are not terribly under geared for it.

Phase 2 is actually a energy regen phase for healing, well if the ravage is being interrupted and people avoiding the burning guys. Phase one is more of a cure and spot healing phase, and phase three is aoe healing.

I dont know I have all columny and some rakata, and I have beaten this instance only twice, But I have tried it countless of times and failed most of them.

I really think I know how to do the do it, but when queuing for this FP most of the times you get groups of people that are hard to talk to, its hard to explain to them the mechanics if they dont know them cause they all want to start combat fast, and when they actually know how to do it well, even then people tend to commit many mistakes that they dont seem to notice(and its always better not to insist too much on it), like not interrupting in time, not moving the boss around, even very simple things like avoiding the AOE from bosses, and when they fail 2 or 3 times they leave or they just blame everyone else of having bad gear.

So even knowing how to do it and going a bit over geared, well I never acomplised it with an entire group witch had less than columnny/rakata and even then it was not an easy thing.

norrect, I would say that LI pugged is a different beast altogether.

I've finished LI a bunch of times, but only when the other team members are on mumble/vent. I also usually only run it with people I know. I've only ever pugged it 3 times. 2 were epic fails but the 3rd time went okay once we all got on mumble.

Edited by JeffKretz

The challenge has been made.

Now we just need for some brave souls to gear up in Tionese and see if they can do LI HM, will be really impressive if they take 2 melee as dps as well.

Just did it with 4 50's who only recently dinged, Lokin was hard because of the outgoing dmg and my lack of any proper tank gear and lowish hp pool. I had next to nothing in the way of tank gear, I did have some DPS BM gear however. Group was:

Tank Guardian

Healing Scoundrel

DPS Sent

DPS Scoundrel

My def stats where:

18870 HP

51.32% DR

22.49% Defense Chance

20% Shield Chance

25.71 Absorption

http://tinypic.com/r/14vmirp/6

Chatbox shows the msg for the quest hand in

Edited by Lacedemon

Tightly tuned for full tionese? Geez, I don't know. Is Savrak's enrage beatable with that little DPS? Is Lokin's third phase? I can't imagine the bonus boss enrage timer is clearable with tionese dps. Can a tank even survive two stacks of satchel charge? Tionese is a really, really tall order with their enrages.

Edit: Guess the question about the tank is answered. I still have my doubts about those 3 enrages in full tionese (though not about the droid; I was in a group that cleared the droid in majority tionese by the skin of our teeth...only to run smack into Savrak's enrage every time).

Edited by Larry_Dallas

Didn't time the fights so I don't know about how close we where to the enrages. As for the satchel charges, they really really hurt.

We had to be very careful with positioning to make sure people where not hit by someone else's satchel charges and everyone was behind the boss because they where conal when applied. It wiped us a few times and they hit really hard. I don't doubt that had my gear had 22 rating tanking mods instead of dps ones it would of been a hell of a lot easier to tank Lorik. That said doing so potentially could of caused enrage issues.

Well done!

How many kolto tanks before phase ii?

3 Kolto tanks.

Edited by Lacedemon

He mentioned that Lost Island is balanced very tightly for a group in Tionese-quality gear

Responds like this make me lose what little faith in the devs i still have.

It's balanced very tightly for a group in tionese-quality gear, sure... but a group of robots, not people. Robots with perfect reactions, perfect internet connection, who are able to manage a fight without a single mistake. Either for them, or for an experienced group of people who have already done this FP a dozen of times - but even they will have a hard time there in tionese. There is no way to get past even the first boss for a pug group which can easily contain first-timers. Yet the FP is in group finder and even has a separate daily quest associated with it, inviting random people for a wipefest and losing several thousands credits on repairs.

Speaking about rewards, no matter what Jesse Sky thinks, i find them ridiculous. All bosses but the last one drop Columi... the same Columi, which is dropped by the majority of bosses in other FP's and story mode OP's. Both can be easily pugged via group finder. Yeah, Lorrick drops a Columi mainhand and a Rakata chest, but well. You can get a mainhand in KP SM with much less effort. As for Rakata, you can't get it from any place mentioned above, but who needs it anyway when you can buy a BH chestpiece and just place its mods into your tionese/columi chest?

The way gear progression is built in this game, you can completely avoid LI HM and have no regrets about it. Yeah, by doing so you gain BH comms a bit slower, but still fast enough to buy a full set in a reasonable amount of time.

p.s. If you're balancing a FP, take into account not just some gear, but also people who actually wear this gear. Especially if you are going to make your FP available via group finder. And think a bit more of rewards, which should be appropriate to the effort put by players into your FP.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Responds like this make me lose what little faith in the devs i still have.

It's balanced very tightly for a group in tionese-quality gear, sure... but a group of robots, not people. Robots with perfect reactions, perfect internet connection, who are able to manage a fight without a single mistake. Either for them, or for an experienced group of people who have already done this FP a dozen of times - but even they will have a hard time there in tionese. There is no way to get past even the first boss for a pug group which can easily contain first-timers. Yet the FP is in group finder and even has a separate daily quest associated with it, inviting random people for a wipefest and losing several thousands credits on repairs.

Speaking about rewards, no matter what Jesse Sky thinks, i find them ridiculous. All bosses but the last one drop Columi... the same Columi, whis is dropped by most of bosses in other FP's and story mode OP's. Both can easily be pugged via group finder. Yeah Lorrick drops a Columi mainhand and a Rakata chest, but well. You can get a mainhand in KP SM with much less effort. As for Rakata, you can't get it from any place mentioned above, but who needs it anyway when you can buy a BH chestpiece and just place its mods into your tionese/columi chest?

The way gear progression is built in this game, you can completely avoid LI HM and have no regrets about it. Yeah, by doing so you gain BH comms a bit slower, but still fast enough to buy a full set in a reasonable amount of time.

p.s. If you're balancing a FP, take into account not just some gear, but also people whe actually wear this gear. Especially if you are going to make your FP available via group finder. And think a bit more of rewards, which should be appropriate to the effort put by players into your FP.

Dont forget though, it's in Group Finder but its 5 commendation reward is SHARED between the Tier 1 HM Flashpoints too.

The very reason it has been seperated is so that people can still get their 5 daily Black Hole comms without accidentally landing themselves in LI HM.

A great team of guildmembers could do it Tionese, a good team in Columi, a decent team/PUG in Mixed Columi/Rakata and a below average team could do it in Rakata or higher.