PVP Mentoring Program

Antiskeptic

So given the great suggestion of Mentoring in the other thread I though I might start a new one specifically aimed at that.

If you're keen to mentor someone about your class/spec and WZs then drop a comment below with your toons name and guild then I'll add it to the list below (I'll put multiple names next to each class so don't stress if there is a name already there.], then people can see who's willing to mentor, they can contact you and then you can discuss with them how you may mentor them. Discussing your spec, rotation, stat build, strats for wzs, your classes roll in a wz etc. You may also want to queue with them in normal wzs or ranked as a few ideas.

Mentors:

Republic:

Sentinel: Luc <Midian>

Guardian tank:

Guardian DPS: Obiray <Avatar Dynasty>

Sage heals: Tinkle <Not Entirely Stable>, Hellum <Advent Children>

Sage DPS:

Shadow tank: Juria (Ridicule) <Sparkle Spa>

Shadow DPS: Ciraf <Black Sun> (Infiltration), Epoch <Absolved>, Y'vaine (Balance, contact Twentyfour) <Not Entirely Stable>

Scoundrel heals: Valar <Not Entirely Stable>, Haukess <Absolved>

Scoundrel DPS: Valar <Not Entirely Stable>

Gunslinger:

Commando heals: Jumpsuit [Warning] <Add Coins>

Commando Dps: Mosus <Add Coins>

Vanguard Tank: Issues [Fioria/Tomthenarwhal] <Legit>

Vanguard DPS: Warning <Add Coins>

Imperial:

Marauder: Luc <Midian>

Juggernaut tank:

Juggernaut DPS:

Sorcerer Heals:

Sorcerer DPS:

Assassin Tank: Ridicule (Juria) <Midian>

Assassin DPS: Epoch

Operative Heals: Haukess

Operative DPS:

Sniper: Fresk

Mercenary Heals:

Mercenary DPS:

Powertech Tank:

Powertech DPS: Jump <Add Coins>

New and experienced pvpers alike, if you're looking for some help with your class/spec/role in pvp, a list is forming above of people willing to mentor you or exchange ideas about their class/spec/role in pvp. If you're keen to do either of these (be mentored or hear their ideas) contact them in game. Simply type in their name or in cases such as Luc where he has Character mapping in his name, type in /who 50 and see if they're online and send them a pst in game.

Edited by Antiskeptic

You can add Valar from <Not Entirely Stable> to the list for scoundrel heals. Willing to help out wherever possible.

I have also been dabbling in Scoundrel DPS lately, as i haven't been enjoying healing with pugs. I would be more than capable and willing to help out begginners in that also, seeing as there really isn't that many DPS scoundrels around.

Edited by GHoppa

I will mentor in the art of sausage making..

I heard a lot of the dudes on this program like sausage. I also offer a match making service for those unable to find good sausage. Feel free to pst me in game ladies.

Edited by Themistaa

I was going to make this thread myself mosus but w/e.

I appreciate all the people nominating themselves to be a mentor but i have noticed a fair few people aready have regular spots in an established ranked team. What i am looking for is a tank mentor, and a healing mentor to Que with the newbies for these competitions. People who don't care about their ratings and want to help the community live a bit longer.

HOWEVER all these mentors with teams already would be wonderful if they would drop their 4 man elite warhero premade and Que with a recruit player of the same class from my team/program.

It would also be appreciated if people who saw these new players in warzones would give them my name :) :)

Sorry man, just saw the op' to get this started and happening fast.

This format also lends itself to having people who may not want to queue for ranked as points of contact.

Especially for someone like myself who doesn't want to queue for ranked on a toon I'm unfamiliar with but I might want to ask for advice and work it out myself, but also lends itself to your idea also. (Not sure exactly what you were going for.)

Edit: Though I don't know how you were going to set up your thread. Sorry for stealing this. Lol

On that note I'd be willing to get on my scoundrel and do some ranked and try to help people out.

Edited by Antiskeptic

I will somehow try to answer questions regarding the Balance spec for Shadows.

Pm my VG if you need help. Twentyfour <Not Entirely Stable> / Y'vaine

Yvaine you are Twentyfour?! haha good work leaving me Nkbe and Gnais the dark last night. We were like "who is this guy?". ;)

Edited by Weeeeee

speaking to zeys the other day (was trying to get him to come back aswell) but he was telling me all the good players that use to play dont play anymore etc and id have to agree with him from all these videos and events ive been too and watched etc there arent many good players left and i dont mean good like you topped the warzone board good i mean you know your class and how to move and use abilitys with out clicking them or keyboard turning and just basic common sense thats all it takes...teaching someone how to play how you play is wrong anyone that WANTs to get better at PvP or their character/gameplay need to do it them selfs

Good players ... right.....

:mad::mad::mad:

i have seen 1 too many smashes that S KEY/Keyboard turn to line up a smash i mean are you ****en serious ? it makes me sick!!! Ohh and all you people who care about RANKED WZs right now ...you know its not even a season right ? your rating means nothing

TL:DR

Get good on your own no one can teach you how to be better other then your self anyone that is/was really good never needed a mentor qft

end rant xoxo <3

i have seen 1 too many smashes that S KEY/Keyboard turn to line up a smash i mean are you ****en serious ? it makes me sick!!!

I only just hit 50 and started lolsmashing, I occasionally s/key to line up a shot. If I take a few steps back and the guy behind me is now in range for the sweep as well, why wouldn't I do this?

Because apparently using your classes biggest advantage to its potential is noob-like.

idk what you're trying to say? is that sarcasm at me or what because i said it IS noob to S key (back peddle) to line your self up for a smash instead of using strafe/mouse to move i r so confused ....

edit: oh and i only mentioned lolsmash nubs because that is 80% of the server now did a /who 50 tonight and there were 2 warzones going on... 9 Sents and 4 Guardians were in the warzones maybe not all smash but who knows lol...

Edited by Shioji

Get good on your own no one can teach you how to be better other then your self anyone that is/was really good never needed a mentor qft

a) "No one can teach you how to be better other [than] [yourself]". Wrong on multiple levels, good troll if intending to do so though.

b) Because gaming life and ability to perform in it is based around a "need to" approach? Get a bit of perspective mate; if people want to pick up some tips from other people then they should feel free to do so, on the basis that they might 'want' to, rather than 'need' to. Currently, you're just promoting a nonsensical solitary approach to playing this game at a time when this server surely doesn't need it.

speaking to zeys the other day (was trying to get him to come back aswell) but he was telling me all the good players that use to play dont play anymore etc and id have to agree with him from all these videos and events ive been too and watched etc there arent many good players left and i dont mean good like you topped the warzone board good i mean you know your class and how to move and use abilitys with out clicking them or keyboard turning and just basic common sense thats all it takes...teaching someone how to play how you play is wrong anyone that WANTs to get better at PvP or their character/gameplay need to do it them selfs

Good players ... right.....

:mad::mad::mad:

i have seen 1 too many smashes that S KEY/Keyboard turn to line up a smash i mean are you ****en serious ? it makes me sick!!! Ohh and all you people who care about RANKED WZs right now ...you know its not even a season right ? your rating means nothing

TL:DR

end rant xoxo <3

Lol look at this guy telling everyone they can't learn new things from anyone other than themselves. Speak for yourself buddy, I learn lots of valuable tips by duelling my guildies and listening to their feedback.

Also who are you to claim that there aren't many good players on MDN. As a matter of fact a lot of players who pvp regularly on this servers are very solid, and I can identify them by name. Who might you be to judge the skill of all other players, I've never even seen your toon names in wz before.