Overpowered - Powertech Stream - 72-5 in RWZ's

Megatfx

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my point, his server is so full of bads in RWZ's running smashers actually works.

I'm not going to start the Bastion vs POT5 drama here, I woulda figured you'd want that garbage not brought into a thread advertising your stream. I made a joke ok? Calm down. BTW, our top team actually has rolled alts on POT5, so I'm curious how that is going to play out once they start queuing. Should make for some interesting games.

anyone who plays a sorc alryd knows

a vanguards plastique and high impact hit me at the same time each for 5k the other day..

everything a pt does is instant, except full auto but thats a joke....

the rotation is something a toddler can do.. lemme guess

explosive dart, TD, flame burst, rail shot, upper cut, (rail shot again if appliable cause hey an appibility that hits for 5k should be available every other gcd)

anyone who plays a sorc alryd knows

a vanguards plastique and high impact hit me at the same time each for 5k the other day..

everything a pt does is instant, except full auto but thats a joke....

the rotation is something a toddler can do.. lemme guess

explosive dart, TD, flame burst, rail shot, upper cut, (rail shot again if appliable cause hey an appibility that hits for 5k should be available every other gcd)

This warzone I'll make sure to do that to some sorcs just for you.

I am so sick of everybody complaining about the "simplicity" of the PT rotation. Seriously. Name one rotation in this game that is actually difficult. Please. One rotation that utilizes 12 or so different abilities, and that does not include "reaction" abilities.

Is PT easy to play? yes. Is every other class in this game easy to play? (for the most part) yes. The only exceptions that come to mind are sniper and merc, merc being the hardest class to make effective dps-wise.

I am so sick of everybody complaining about the "simplicity" of the PT rotation. Seriously. Name one rotation in this game that is actually difficult. Please. One rotation that utilizes 12 or so different abilities, and that does not include "reaction" abilities.

Is PT easy to play? yes. Is every other class in this game easy to play? (for the most part) yes. The only exceptions that come to mind are sniper and merc, merc being the hardest class to make effective dps-wise.

hrm ok,

now name classes with medium-long range abilities that have zero activation times or channels in their rotation and can therefor remain mobile 100% of the time and also have 2 seperate abilities which can crit for 5k

yup

now add heavy armor, a pull and a snare which is passively applied

Edited by wwkingms

mega is right tho on pot5 crappy smash teams dont do so well, now when a really good team uses it and knows how to do more then just smash and do good single target damage and coordinate smashes, but you charge to a healer with 4 stacks of shockwave on this server againts a good team your going to get taunted, pulled or cced oh and chilling scream spammed so it will be hard to stay on target

People complain about it because most (bad) pts run around spamming nothing but flame burst and railshot and still can outdps most classes. A clueless pt can use 2 buttons and put up 400k dmg in a full voidstar. No other class can be played so poorly to such great effect.

No clicking, Backpedaling, or keyboard turning.

Prophecy of the Five

What you will see is how overpowered PT's are when fully min/maxed, feel free to complain in this thread.. 720p video stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/megatf

I 100% disagree with the overpowered aspect of the pyro spec'ed powertech. Everyone agrees that the jugg is op, its easily countered but still let me dish it out for you what the definition of overpowered is(Frome a dps standpoint):

1. Has exceptional burst damage, most likely from one main ability that has cooldown reducers from procs. The jugg not only has this but its an AOE on five targets for around 6k(Yes I'm Heavy armor with 1300 expertise and it hits this hard lulz). The powertech is single target and averages about 4.5k (I'm half elite war hero.)

2. Most likely mobile has very little or no cast times. The jugg and powertech both fit this description even though the jugg has ravage it has to be stunned to be interupted....and even though the range says 4m its will actually hit someone at like 6-8 if your in cast.

3. Has utilities to add to the damage and mobility. The fact that the rage spec is the way it is on the jugg really irks me. It should be a marauder only spec then there would be no such thing as it being overpowered imo. The fact that its on the jugg which has an AOE stun that lasts 6sec, an AOE slow that is spamable, has buffs that esentially require you to kill them twice if used right, has an enemey and friendly player jump-to ability, has a casted damageing stun that can do about 10% of someones health based on gear. The powertech....has an AOE stun that last 2.5 sec. and stealth scan, a buff that avoids 25% of all damage(still get 4.5k smashes with it up) and something called kolto overload it its a buff, and then pull. You can throw in DFA if you want but its just to easy to avoid or interupt to be considered op.

4. And for the finally.....drumroll.....the jugg has an execute to add to it all. The powertech doesn't. For this reason mainly and alone I totally agrue the point and disagree that the powertech is op just because it's missing this ability. If it had it, yea...uhhh, op.

And on a side note. Who are you to even post a match like that and then say the powertech is overpowered...you did horrible. Not only did you almost never pull a target to you...you never utilized vent heat or thermal sensor override for extra dps...I average 550k in a voidstar. :cool:

Sorc rota is easy: Bubblestun -> 1 Heal -> Get 3 7k Smashes or 2 PT's on you -> Respawn

^^

Edited by Never_Hesitate