server transvers,and to what server will fill up??

darthwretch

as server transevers are announced,im thinking (as one of the bushido guildleaders we have 1imp guild on ragnoss and an rep guild on freedom nadd server)what servers wil fill up and what severs wil be going empty?as well as how do you move an complete guild(as far there are players left due to epic fail change within pvp on 1,2)and what about the guildbanks???any idear,s or suggestions pls do tell

More than likely, you won't be able to move the entire guild in one fell stroke. But each individual member will have to transfer individually. As for the contents of the guild bank, you'll probably have to have members load up what they can before they transfer. But once on the new server you'll probably have to reform the guild from scratch and purchase the bank and all of the slots again.

Of course it could be all different than what I expect but I think you should treat it as a bunch of individual moves instead of a whole guild.

Make sure that you have communicated well what server you are going to and have everyone clear out the guild bank. If they are not taking characters and plan on not using them anymore, have then pass on all credits and items that they feel should be saved.

Get four people from the old server to log on and reform the guild. Make sure you pass on any new names since old ones might be taken. Nothing worse than getting on the new server and not know who to contact. lol

Once you have enough members back in, redo the guild bank and members can recontribute again.

I can see the top servers being blocked or those server who are set for transfers will have only certain ones to go to. This would be to prevent overpopulation. If there is no direction, I would assume the top 5 servers of each play style (pvp, pve, rp) and region be targeted by players and make moves to them.

Fatman, Harbinger, Jedi Covenant all will get packed and fast. Queues will start and thus will the complaints about not being able to play right away. lol

No matter what, someone somewhere will be mad in how this all goes down. The best thing you can do is over communicate to your people and try to be available (those members with guilding rights) for each one as they move over. :D

More than likely, you won't be able to move the entire guild in one fell stroke. But each individual member will have to transfer individually. As for the contents of the guild bank, you'll probably have to have members load up what they can before they transfer. But once on the new server you'll probably have to reform the guild from scratch and purchase the bank and all of the slots again.

Rift was able to move an entire guild when they did transfers like this one. and you can transfer once a month to what ever server free. just saying its possable to do.

Anyone know the top 5 populated servers of each type (pvp/pve/rp etc) for all regions including EU servers?

Yep - here are the top World and US servers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449144

Here is a spreadsheet with the server pops - you can copy and sort it to get whatever ranking list you like.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aregkvys5QFodFJ2OWN5U0hwaVFBYWdqUUh1WmdZUFE#gid=17

Paige

You can check the statistics on a constant basis yourself at http://www.torstatus.net/

However. As far as the free transfers are concerned, they have stated repeatedly that they're targeted. I know a lot of people are thinking they'll move to one of the most populated servers on these lists, but BW would have to be moronic to allow free server transfers to servers that already have queues, like Fatman and Jedi Covenant or Ajunta Pall. It's far more likely they'd post a list of standard servers they want to see fuller and let anyone transfer to those.....if you're on a light pop server that would be a good option, as standard servers will go full fast if they keep their list short enough. They've said they're open to "other options" like server closures or merges after the transfers. That tells me they just want to get as many people off the lightest servers as they can, because it makes them easier to close later on. Always better to get people to move voluntarily.

If you think you can't live without being on a top ten server, they ARE putting in paid transfers. But I just seriously doubt they want to pack the servers that are sitting at full any further by offering free transfers to them. It defeats the purpose of normalizing the population on standard servers to bring them up towards full.

Edited by Ashlian