Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

Take away the stun effect when used on others and give sorcs the following

Medium armor+2- Defensive cooldowns (Resilence,Deflection)+Higher damage.

Sorcs fixed.

That's hardly a fix, that's taking a crappy class and making it last a bit longer. Who want's to play a class that is mediocre at everything? Give us burst to match our squishiness instead so we can play the archetype for what it has been since the dawn of gaming. It doesnt matter what game genre you're in, the most fragile ship/car/character/etc is almost always the fastest/deadliest/etc, it has one really strong ability to make up for the weakness. But not in Swtor, with the exception of Commando, which is broken beyond belief and more a horrible sum of all parts, we pretty much suck at everything, compared to some of the other AC'es. The only reason to why sorcs/sages can still top charts is because the population covers the entire skill span. If everyone had been equally skilled it would have looked much different.

That said, I'm not against wearing medium armor but that's more of a "more armor to pick from" thing. I don't want defensive CD'es since I know that we won't get both that and more damage.....and I rather have the damage buff.

Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the answer should be quite simple..

Make all of the bubbles act like a remote detonated mine, triggered by the caster which stuns everyone around each one when triggered by the original caster. :)

Chisaineko

50 pvp sorc heals/bubbles/dps :)

Edited by chisaineko

honestly guys I don't see the problem ;)

I can't believe you would post a video of you losing every war zone in which you enter, ignoring objectives, just to run around cc'ing people with bubbles. All this proves is yes, when you ignore all objectives you can run around doing nothing but popping bubbles on people. You just make the argument against this talent even worse with terrible game play like this.

I can't believe you would post a video of you losing every war zone in which you enter, ignoring objectives, just to run around cc'ing people with bubbles. All this proves is yes, when you ignore all objectives you can run around doing nothing but popping bubbles on people. You just make the argument against this talent even worse with terrible game play like this.

we lost 1 novare coast out all the games. lighten up

Edited by bradleey

I'm taking all of this denial has "DON'T NERF ME BRO."

..Even though we aren't asking for that much nerfs.

That video means nothing in regards to real competitive war zones and whether Backlash should be changed or not.

The fact you can pop your own bubble by right clicking on your buff giving you an extra cc is balanced to you then I take it :)

Edited by MorgothQuick

The resolve bar in general is completely useless. You can be continually stunned, knockback, pulled, or interrupted far too long. And the resolve bar decays way too quickly. Someone should only be able to be stunned or knocked back once every 20 second IMO. There should also be a separate bar for snares and stuns. Then go ahead and add another bar for interrupts. With the additional interrupts added recently this has become a big problem.

Bubbles are fine l2p. It's just as "fine" as derpasmash imo.

L2P LOL. Stuns in games were the worst idea ever. Completely disrupting gameplay so you can count to 8 while watching yourself get killed isn't fun at all. 1 CC break - 2 min cooldown and 3 stuns < 1 minute cooldown. Something isn't right.

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

Thank you Allison for replying in the thread. It's refreshing to see responses in the PvP forum and I hope we see more of them! :)

I do not think they should nerf bubble stun spec. People need to learn how to break it instead of qqing! it is not fair we deal with derpasmash and being stunned over and over again. We lose our Aoe heal to use this spec to survive longer in pvp. We are the squishiest. I swear the sorc/sages always get screwed in patches. Learn to play your class and move on. They should fix the resolve system instead.

I've said it once and I'll say it again... Let them have their stun bubble. For THEM. not for those that its cast on.

they should probably put it higher in the lightning tree as well.

Yeah. That would be a nice small step in the right direction. Smaller movements are better in these games IMO.

I've said it once and I'll say it again... Let them have their stun bubble. For THEM. not for those that its cast on.

Its pretty high up there in the tree. I dont think that needs to be higher. And I think the ONLY fix that needs to be changed for the bubble stun, is it should NOT fire a stun when the bubble wears off or is manually taken off. It should ONLY fire a stun when the bubble is depleted due to damage. Thats it.

That would make this stun 100x better. I think a LARGE MAJORITY of the pvp population in warzones (that hate this stun), are people that are inadvertently being affected by it. And are simply passing people as the stun is wearing off and bursting in their face and are now randomly stunned from all over the map.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Bubble is fine, cant even absorb 1 LOLSMASH so I really dont see a problem. Especially that a LOLSMASH mara can do a 6k LOLSMASH every 9 seconds while the bubble is on a 20 second lockout if iI remember correctly. So do a LOLSAMSH, brak bubble and another LOLSMASH to damage, oh and since the bubble is weaker than said LOLSMASH that means the first LOLSMASH will do damage to the sage too. Carnage spec LOLgore+force LOLscream will break the bubble as well, anni LOLdots that will 100%crit for 2k (if geared properly) will break the bubble rather fast, so just take 2 steps to the side after applying them. L2P. Other classes and I mean all other classes can and should break the bubble outside of stun range so its also a L2P issue.

Bubble is fine, cant even absorb 1 LOLSMASH so I really dont see a problem. Especially that a LOLSMASH mara can do a 6k LOLSMASH every 9 seconds while the bubble is on a 20 second lockout if iI remember correctly. So do a LOLSAMSH, brak bubble and another LOLSMASH to damage, oh and since the bubble is weaker than said LOLSMASH that means the first LOLSMASH will do damage to the sage too. Carnage spec LOLgore+force LOLscream will break the bubble as well, anni LOLdots that will 100%crit for 2k (if geared properly) will break the bubble rather fast, so just take 2 steps to the side after applying them. L2P. Other classes and I mean all other classes can and should break the bubble outside of stun range so its also a L2P issue.

I've been a ways away on my screen from a bubbler and still got stunned. And if you r specced bubble stun you are also specced knock back root which pretty much neuters a marauder. Sounds like if u are having issues with melee in ur spec, it is u that needs to l2p.

Edited by Ravashakk

I want you to know, I LOL'ed a LOT at all your LOLAbility Comments hahahahaa :) Very spot on sir.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I propose a swap of sorts: Sorcs/Sages will no longer be able to bubble others with stunning bubbles but Smash/Force Sweep must be based on one's actual critical rating rather than the guaranteed one that Force Leap/Force Charge and Zealous Leap/Obliterate currently provide LOLSmashers with. This would force LOLSmashers to start stacking crit at the expense of power. As things stand now stunning bubbles are our only real defense against the 6-7k hits we are frequently hit with (and not a very good defense at that as others have stated).

I do not think they should nerf bubble stun spec. People need to learn how to break it instead of qqing! it is not fair we deal with derpasmash and being stunned over and over again. We lose our Aoe heal to use this spec to survive longer in pvp. We are the squishiest. I swear the sorc/sages always get screwed in patches. Learn to play your class and move on. They should fix the resolve system instead.

I find ironic that you say " Being Stunned over and over again " when that is exactly what the stun bubble is doing.

I don't Suggest that the bubble should be nerfed for the Soc just the ability to put it on their whole team, and they can manually trigger it while not adding the resolve of a stun.