STUCK in WARZONES .. ? Cant Move

Purple-Punch

• 2 months later...
This used to be a really big problem after 2.0 was released .. or maybe even the patch before .. Mostly would happen to Operatives .. but they patched it recently .. BUT I still have been stuck .. but only a few times since the patch .. is it happening to you all more than once in a day?

This used to be a really big problem after 2.0 was released .. or maybe even the patch before .. Mostly would happen to Operatives .. but they patched it recently .. BUT I still have been stuck .. but only a few times since the patch .. is it happening to you all more than once in a day?

No, only on occasion. But its a game breaker, cant play knowing I may get stuck and cant move while the other team wails on me. I sent an in-game bug report, lets see what they say.

No, only on occasion. But its a game breaker, cant play knowing I may get stuck and cant move while the other team wails on me. I sent an in-game bug report, lets see what they say.

Seem to happen sometimes if you get cc'd while using scamper.

It's annoying, but at least it's rare now. All you can do is quit out.

Not to be confused with getting stuck by being bounced into the scenery, whcih can happen to anyone.

• 2 months later...

This happens to my brother on his warrior a lot. We have determined that he presses buttons too quickly for the game engine and it causes him to bug after movement altering effects.

Luckily, as a sorc, if I pull him it usually corrects the issue.

This happened to me as well - is it a purely Operative issue? Because I asked my guildies, and they said that it is connected to Exfiltrate and knockbacks or something like that. But yea, I was unable to move, the game said I was immobilized (no debuff though), typing /stuck didnt help and I eventually got kicked from that WZ for inactivity in the spawn zone.

This happened to me as well - is it a purely Operative issue? Because I asked my guildies, and they said that it is connected to Exfiltrate and knockbacks or something like that.

Only happens on my Scoundrel and seems to be Scamper/Exfiltrate and roots bugging out.

Happened to me after scoring in Huttball last night. Got rooted right when I scored and could do everything but move even after respawning. Eventually got booted for deserting. Cleared out when I spawned back on Fleet.

If an Operative rolls (exfiltrate) and something affects their movement before the roll is complete (eg. pushback, root) then they will become permanently stuck and unable to move. Trying to move, jumping, using /stuck, exfiltrating, dying and respawning do not fix it. There is no known workaround, you have to quit the warzone or will get booted for inactivity.

If you are in PVE when it happens, you can log out and back in, or switch instances to be able to move again.

Unsure if Sorc pull will fix this particular bug, I tried extricating a stuck Operative yesterday but they left the WZ directly after so I am unsure if it failed or they were too quick to leave.

Only had this happen on my scoundrel and gunslinger when kb'd in the middle of a roll. Don't play my scoundrel much any more but since they fixed it with the patch my slinger has very rarely gotten stuck, I've also noticed times when I would of gotten bugged before and was fine. The most recent time was a month or so ago from a sorc kb/root on my slinger.

Also just noticed that this was necro'd from pre patch.

Edited by Puissant

Unsure if Sorc pull will fix this particular bug...

I'm afraid it doesn't. So far as I've experienced, once you're caught all you can do is punch anyone in reach or turret (drop to cover and pewpew) until dead as nothing clears it.

Still happens, but very rarely. It used to be a couple of times an evening, effectively screwing each warzone, now I can't remember the last time.

It's some kind of interaction between the roll and movement altering effects. Not every time, but a fraction of them.

Had something like that on my Marauder - standing right next to a (stationary) person - "too far away", running into 1 direction, hit an invisible wall in the middle of the Alderaan middle gun platform. Run into another direction - soon hit another invisible wall. It's as if the server "thinks" that I'm elsewhere, yet the client think I'm somewhere else. WTH....

Playing just fine but then stuck .. cant move .. died, respawned .. and stuck in the gates .. nothing worked .. /stuck .. NOPE .. this isnt the first time . on Makeb it happened to me as well ..

Happened to me quite often since the last patch. Especially in civil war. It's like I'm stuck in an invisible box, I run against invisible walls within a 5 or 6 m diameter and there's nothing I can do. Cost me a turret when I just couldn't move to interrupt the capper.

I /stuck and come back but this shouldn't happen. And it is not lag, my ping is usually arounf 30ms when this happens.

Happened to me quite often since the last patch. Especially in civil war. It's like I'm stuck in an invisible box, I run against invisible walls within a 5 or 6 m diameter and there's nothing I can do. Cost me a turret when I just couldn't move to interrupt the capper.

I /stuck and come back but this shouldn't happen. And it is not lag, my ping is usually arounf 30ms when this happens.

Yeah, exactly what happened to me, as well.