Do you need to seek permission?

RikHar

That may be true, but it will never change unless we start being the change. Just sayin'

Honestly, is it really that big of a problem? Or is it getting blown out of proportion from a poster because it just happened to them?

I have run into someone just taking the item I was clearing around first, one time. I've only run into one pug member who clicked need on every item.

Is it that it happens a lot, or people can't handle that it happened to them the once in a blue moon that it happened, or have I just gotten lucky with PuGs and random quests not to have that problem?

Honestly, is it really that big of a problem? Or is it getting blown out of proportion from a poster because it just happened to them?

I have run into someone just taking the item I was clearing around first, one time. I've only run into one pug member who clicked need on every item.

Is it that it happens a lot, or people can't handle that it happened to them the once in a blue moon that it happened, or have I just gotten lucky with PuGs and random quests not to have that problem?

I've had it happen to me several times in one night. Remember, not every quest objective/chest can be practically accessed in combat.

It's called courtesy, and when some moron takes one I'm fighting to get near, I follow them purposely waiting for them to get in combat and take theirs.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes, if I'm in the mood, I'll follow them for a bunch of quests.

This ^^^^^. Pretty simple as a lot of people have said if someone is fighting that mob they are most likely going for that node otherwise they probably would not be there give it a minute or just move on. This is not that complicated just be respectful if you are in line to get something do you just run the to the front knock the guys teeth out and say well I am the strongest so I can go first? No because there are consequences to your action unfortunately in an MMO we can't really do anything to you so people feel free to do what they want.

Not when it comes to the crates in blackhole it doesn't.Most of the time people fighting mobs near a crate are still on the kill count part of the quest,and most sane individuals click crate first if they pass the kc stage.Ughhh

No you do not, it is a courtesy to not ninja stuff when people kill the mobs around an objective.

THAT BEING SAID:

Pesonally, i dont care. I dont take from other people myself, yet people do it to me from time to time.

Maybe they did it on purpose, or maybe they are not paying much attention to me. Either way the thing will come back in a minute or 2 so its just not a big deal.

Edited by kirorx

Yesterday while in the BH I was doing the engineer quest I ran down and didn't see the player that had cleared the mobs as he was behind a stanchion. I nabbed 2 of the objectives before I saw him. I whispered to him in apology for not seeing him and moved to the next room, cleared it and whispered to him that there were available objectives in the room I was in, if he would please come and take what he needed to complete his quest he was welcome to.

That is called being courteous and making sure both players (myself and him) were happy with the results.

If I see people clearing mobs from an objective I will wait until they have cleared the mobs and either taken the objective if they need it, or move on if they don't. If they move on, I take the objective. It simply courtesy. Something far to many players seem to have forgotten.

I try to live by the motto 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Most of the time others reciprocate, the rare times others don't, I apply judicial use of the ignore function.

Unprecedented idea here...

...form a group and run the dailies together! :eek:

Crazy, I know.

Also, I tend to leave nodes alone if a player is clearing the mob. If they leave without nabbing the node I will backtrack and take it.

Then again, there are so many nodes in the Blackhole that you can hit them enroute to the other dailies without effort, so why ninja someone else's?

As was said before, most people who are fighting near the bh nodes that are clickable are not to the 2nd stage. For some, killing that group will put them on it though. For instance, the group around the mission where you avoid detection on imp side. It's good to respect what other players are doing. Sometimes I get ninja looted as well (I click boxes first even) i challenge the looters to a duel because it'd be fun to stomp them. If they don't accept, call 'em out & /ignore

Lately, up at the Black Hole running the dailies, some players feel like you need to stop and ask their permission to take a crate or a node that they're near to.

For instance:

Myself and another player get to the same spot at the same time from different directions. He went for the npc's, I went for the crate. I left the area then get a message telling me I wasn't suppose to take the crate that it was his.

I see a group of 2 players and their companions go for a group of npc's which I was going for, so I went for the group directly opposite them on the other side. They finished first being it was 4 of them. Upon finishing I see there's a node of metals near them. As I ride towards to the node I see they were just standing there doing nothing, so I continued towards the node. I get there and I take it. Again, I get another whisper telling me I should of asked permission being the node was theirs.

I remember when I first got to these dalies how other players would come by as I was fighting and take the crates near me, but I never said anything about it. Soon after, I learned that you go for the crates before you begin to fight. Common sense.

I already know the way things are in this game having been here from jump strreet and having played MMO's for many years. I know there's little concern from others as far as decorum is concerned. Most players want and go for theirs and too bad for everyone else. But I usually try to be fair and helpful in most things although most times it's not appreciated by others.

I don't feel like I did anything wrong in either case. But I'd like to hear your take on these type of situations.

They did the correct thing by going after the NPCs to clear them first before going after the crate.

You did the disingenuous thing by snaking the crate first, leaving the NPCs to be finished off by someone else.

Ergo, they did the work, you got the spoils.

In the future, start gauging whether the nodes are "yours" are not by whether you engaged the NPCs around it first. If I start shooting those NPCs, you should presume that my intent is to clear out the NPCs and grab the nodes. You can ask for clarification if you like, but you ought to wait until I'm done fighting for an answer. If you just move in to steal the nodes, yeah, your bad. I'd have called you out on it too.

Especially now that they've revamped the respawns and timers, there's no reason to be running in and snaking someone else's objective. Error on the side of politeness, and go find another node to grab, or stand there and wait for them to clear out the NPCs. If they clear out the NPCs and then run off without grabbing the nodes, then they're open season.

I'm sorry to say but... you're a jerk. If someone's fighting (or healing after obviously just fought) next to a node then the node is theirs.

Even in situations like BH when you can grab the node without agro-ing the mob, if someone's engaged with the mob, it's polite to wait to see if they want the node.

Honestly, I wonder how people are brought up today.

Go read his post again. How was he being a jerk?

In the first instance they both arrived at the area at the same time. Most people go for the crate first and that's what he did.

In the second insance, the group was done fighting and just standing around. They should have harvested the node if they wanted it. Why just stand around and not harvest it if you want it?