25 mission log cap?? still??

danskyboy

This has got to be the stupidest thing ever, why do we still have a cap of 25 on the mission log?? its such a pain having to keep dropping quests all the time and then remembering to pick them back up again when you need them, i can see no reason why the limit couldn't at least be raised if not removed all together.

I'd love to see this increase as well. It's not often been an issue, but if you have the 4 speeder missions, all the PvE & PvP daily/weeklies, plus try to pick up planet dailies you can hit the 25 cap pretty easy. I know I hit it several times when I had the speeder missions and when I was still doing Belsavis/Ilum dailies.

yeah this is exactly where i'm coming from, just hit 50 with an alt and i have 23+ missions in my log all of which are reasonably important. its just a bit dumb, i can see no reason for the cap.

or...you know....you could do them when you pick them up.....just saying.
wow thanks for that nugget of genius there...... never thought of that.

It's ridiculous is what it is, there's more than 25 level 50 quests you can have at the same time! I guess they aren't all dailies or weeklys or whatever, but I don't really feel like heading back to do the bonus series before completing all the cool OPs and FPs and doing space combat heroics and the like.

What the... I never have more than 5-7 missions in my log at any given time... more than 25? Maybe we just have different playstyles.

If you do BH and section X dailies "in advance", to just pick up the weekly after reset and turn it all in for BH comms, and you pick up all the missions at the PVE/PVP terminal you're cutting it mighty close, especially if you have any speeder achievement quests in the mix.

25 is in fact a bit low.

What the... I never have more than 5-7 missions in my log at any given time... more than 25? Maybe we just have different playstyles.

No because if you're doing dailies and picking up space and the speeder missions which require a few weeks for a casual player then your log can quickly fill up.

yeah this is exactly where i'm coming from, just hit 50 with an alt and i have 23+ missions in my log all of which are reasonably important. its just a bit dumb, i can see no reason for the cap.

wow thanks for that nugget of genius there...... never thought of that.

clearly you did not, or you wouldn't be having such a problem.

ROFL, what kind of fool keeps space mission in their log? Or low level bonus series? You pick up space missions two feet from the only access to space missions, your cockpit. And as for planet dailies, do you go to each mission hub and collect all missions before you do any? For real these are remedial management skills.

It's really low. It works fine while leveling, but even then can get bogged down if you happen to pick up some bonus series along with some flashpoints. At level 50 it's even worse with all the space missions one can pick up, flashpoints, dailies and weeklies, speeder quests. I like picking up quests in advance, so when I do get around to doing the content, I haven't forgotten to pick up the quest. I don't think it's too much to ask for them to raise the quest limit just a bit.

I don't run into an issue with it all the time, but if I got interrupted while doing one the daily areas (say to run dailies with a guildie in another daily area), plus the vehicle missions, plus the weekly and daily missions for flashpoints and ops, plus the warzone dailies...yeah, I'll hit the cap. A higher cap would be useful.

This has got to be the stupidest thing ever, why do we still have a cap of 25 on the mission log??

I agree 100%!!!

I think it was done to prevent players from gathering a crap ton of missions and running them all at once, but now that the game has expanded and 25 is easy to have, it's just a pain in the **edit**.

ROFL, what kind of fool keeps space mission in their log? Or low level bonus series? You pick up space missions two feet from the only access to space missions, your cockpit. And as for planet dailies, do you go to each mission hub and collect all missions before you do any? For real these are remedial management skills.

Because I am not often on my ship and I like to know if I have done them or not, or to remind me to do them later. I don't keep the planet dailies in, but I do keep the flashpoints. In Ops I normally ask someone to share it with me but there are still quests I haven't done (not dailies) on various planets that I have kept in my log. That puts you really, really close to 25.

I tend to only keep 1 space mission in there though.

Agreed, this is extremely annoying for fresh 50s with the speeder quests/introduction quests. I usually have a number of things I'm slowly working towards at once, and want to be able to do anything whenever I feel like it without going back to my ship/the fleet to pick up things because I'm exceeding my limit. I go do dailies and have to finish some before I can pick the rest up. I posted about this long ago, though it was exiled to the suggestion box to die.

I can understand they want to limit it somewhat to keep datastorage in check, but something could be done to give a bit more "stretch".

Make dailies NOT count towards the 25 mission total, but give those a seperate allowance. Tracking data for dailies should take slightly less resources. Especially the ones from terminals rarely involve any data about affection with companions, LS/DS choices, etc. So basically, we'd have room for 25 normal missions (flashpoints, story, weekly, one-off heroics, area, PvP, class & companion, spacecombat, etc), and on top of that, 25 dailies.

This is a big problem, and a needless one in my opinion. The cap should have either A. never been put in, or B. had it's cap much higher. At low levels this not such a big deal, but from the 30's through 50 it becomes a real pain. I can't tell you how many times I have run into the cap, which has caused me not to get to play content when I'm ready to play the content. Between weeklies, dailies, pvp quest, space missions, heroics, class quest, and normal world quest. it adds up quick!

One usually unnoticed problem that makes it even worse are the bonus missions/objectives in a quest line. Each one is represented as its own separate quest in the mission log, and therefor takes up precious mission cap space. For example, while you are in heroic area you have to kill X number of X npc's, well of-course your log counts it as its own quest. So between heroics and normal world quest this can really add up, especially if you are having to solo stuff.

Edited by Holocron

One usually unnoticed problem that makes it even worse are the bonus missions/objectives in a quest line. Each one is represented as its own separate quest in the mission log, and therefor takes up precious mission cap space. For example, while you are in heroic area you have to kill X number of X npc's, well of-course your log counts it as its own quest. So between heroics and normal world quest this can really add up, especially if you are having to solo stuff.

I was not aware the bonus missions counted! That seems like an easy fix to reduce the problem. I thought you guys were talking about the planet bonus missions, but they shouldn't count the additional missions you get that are "part" of another mission. Good grief!

As has been stated, while leveling this is not an issue, rarely get more'n halfway to 25 at 50 however there's

Section X and Black Hole, multiple speeder ones, Operations ones, world boss ones, Daily Hardmode Flashpoint (daily and rak weekly), two pvp ones, etc.

Add it all up and you generally are at around 28ish quests, meaning you have to discard ones like Nightmare Pilgrim until you are actively going after it.

Yes it isn't a huge deal to do so as we have all done it now for the duration of the game, but it would be nice. Just going from 25-30 would make a big difference.

As has been stated, while leveling this is not an issue, rarely get more'n halfway to 25 at 50 however there's

Section X and Black Hole, multiple speeder ones, Operations ones, world boss ones, Daily Hardmode Flashpoint (daily and rak weekly), two pvp ones, etc.

Add it all up and you generally are at around 28ish quests, meaning you have to discard ones like Nightmare Pilgrim until you are actively going after it.

Yes it isn't a huge deal to do so as we have all done it now for the duration of the game, but it would be nice. Just going from 25-30 would make a big difference.

Yeah this was my big problem and why i made this post, just hit 50 with an alt and straight away found i had 23+ Quests in my log, before i even left the fleet. also most of them are not things that you can "just do", they take some time to work through especially for a causal player.

It would be nice to see a fix for this, it cant be a major thing to solve. just up the limit from 25 to 40 or something like that... simples.:rak_03:

I was not aware the bonus missions counted! That seems like an easy fix to reduce the problem. I thought you guys were talking about the planet bonus missions, but they shouldn't count the additional missions you get that are "part" of another mission. Good grief!

Just wait until they release Makeb! I bet it will be a whole new slew of quest to keep track of for level 50+ .