New Classes Unlikely? Probably. However...

RogueDiplomacy

Okay, so I'm trying to be realistic here.

Unless SWTOR gets a huge wad of profit to invest , I highly doubt that we're ever going to see a new Base Class added to the game. The costs (and awkwardness) of adding both an empire and republic storyline, as well as the voice acting required, would just be too great.

Not to say I wouldn't love to see a new base class a couple years down the road, but I'm skeptical that will happen.

HOWEVER:

What we could see is new advanced classes. Yes, that would mean playing an already-existing story over again, but that's part-and-parcel for any Alt somebody creates anyway.

So, SWTOR community, start thinking of new AC's. Here are the rules:

1. Try to fill class roles that aren't filled by the base class yet. (melee DPS, range DPS, healer, tank)
  2. Come up with weapon combinations that are dissimilar from their sibling AC's, but without completely ignoring the types of abilities in the base class.
  3. Come up with names for both the Imperial and Republic AC's that sound too similar to existing classe (and aren't absurdly long).
  4. Describe class mechanics briefly, hitting important spots and possible cool names for Talent Trees and abilities.

Example: Jedi Ranger & Sith Duelist

• Base Class: Jedi Knight & Sith Warrior
  • New AC: Jedi Ranger & Sith Duelist
  • Weapon Loadout: Dueling Saber and Vibroknife
  • Roles: DPS and Healing
  • Uses Cunning as a base stat instead of Strength. Wears Medium armor and dresses in plainclothes, so shares armor with Smuggler/Agent.
  • Dueling Saber is a new class of weapon, the "pistol-grip" lightsaber type that Dooku carries. Because of that "pistol-grip", it uses Barrel components in customization.
  • Healing model uses similar mechanics to WoW's monk healers, in which healing bonuses (and Rage/Focus) derive from weak melee attacks. Healer is expected to be in the melee group most of the time. Healing Talent tree for Sith Duelist might be "Parasite", since it's healing via damage.
  • DPS (center talent tree) uses Makashi Form rather than Shii-Cho. Not sure what actual mechanics it would supply.

Edited by RogueDiplomacy

Okay, so I'm trying to be realistic here.

Unless SWTOR gets a huge wad of profit to invest , I highly doubt that we're ever going to see a new Base Class added to the game. The costs (and awkwardness) of adding both an empire and republic storyline, as well as the voice acting required, would just be too great.

Not to say I wouldn't love to see a new base class a couple years down the road, but I'm skeptical that will happen.

HOWEVER:

What we could see is new advanced classes. Yes, that would mean playing an already-existing story over again, but that's part-and-parcel for any Alt somebody creates anyway.

So, SWTOR community, start thinking of new AC's. Here are the rules:

1. Try to fill class roles that aren't filled by the base class yet. (melee DPS, range DPS, healer, tank)
  2. Come up with weapon combinations that are dissimilar from their sibling AC's, but without completely ignoring the types of abilities in the base class.
  3. Come up with names for both the Imperial and Republic AC's that sound too similar to existing classe (and aren't absurdly long).
  4. Describe class mechanics briefly, hitting important spots and possible cool names for Talent Trees and abilities.

Example 1:

• Base Class: Jedi Knight & Sith Warrior
  • New AC: Jedi Ranger & Sith Duelist
  • Weapon Loadout: Dueling Saber and Vibroknife
  • Roles: DPS and Healing
  • Uses Cunning as a base stat instead of Strength. Wears Medium armor and dresses in plainclothes, so shares armor with Smuggler/Agent.
  • Dueling Saber is a new class of weapon, the "pistol-grip" lightsaber type that Dooku carries. Because of that "pistol-grip", it uses Barrel components in customization.
  • Healing model uses similar mechanics to WoW's monk healers, in which healing bonuses (and Rage/Focus) derive from weak melee attacks. Healer is expected to be in the melee group most of the time. Healing Talent tree for Sith Duelist might be "Parasite", since it's healing via damage.
  • DPS (center talent tree) uses Makashi Form rather than Shii-Cho. Not sure what actual mechanics it would supply.

My take on if they don't eventually add new classes they let us choose a prestige class like in KOTOR.Let the jedi become "masters" in class not just title and the imp side is a sith lord. I know we all have a advanced class but let there be something beyond that for more personalization.

But since you said more classes, I got a easy idea. Make Scout class on the trooper side and on the imperial side it is the Duelist. They use melee weapons, so like techstaff and techblade. The idea is either melee tank or dps. They both use the trooper and bounty hunter story lines and exsisting equipment. I know it isn't 100% original and new, but its different enough where people might like it. Give them slightly modified abilites in the class tree and a new set of advanced skill tree. The problem is there probly isn't the money for them to make new 1-50 class stories but re-use the classes and add new advanced ones is a idea.

just give any classes to wear any type of armor and weapons,ex: Mara wearing light armor for crit+att speed bonus,powertech with a shotgun,sage with dual wield light sabers...etc

I don't like that at all. That would devolve into something more classless, like The Secret World. I'm fine with classless in other games, but SWTOR's classes are actually very well put-together.

I like how everyone has a more unique weapon loadout, and I hope they (mostly) preserve that in the future. I would love to see new weapons in the game and new loadouts.

I like the idea of a Force-elementalist type character. Ive been raiding with my sorcerer for 6 months or so now, and i dont think in that time ive used the lightsaber i carry even once. not even once.

so: Force Lord (heals or dps)

No lightsaber. Main hand weapon is a focus, but one that you can actually see, like an orb or something. Off hand can be a tiny dagger like lightsaber just to keep the lore up.

Dps trees use a combination of Telekinesis, lighning, mind trickery, and other powers to do sustained damage over time. the damage would be lower than say a lightning sorc, but would have two key elements to make them valuable to any situation. First, mobility, as all of their primary attacks would be DoT's, they are insta cast, allowing easy battlefield movement. secondly, they have a very strong arsenal of buffs/debuffs. this is where they make up for putting less individual damage out than a dps sorc, as they hepl increast the surviivability and damage output of their team. Maybe one of their dps mind tricks would be like confusing basic ans silver mobs into attacking each other, or dropping their armor rating.

the healing tree would be similar to the healing of a sorc now, but with a give take of slightly slower and lesser healing abilities, paired with very powerful armor/health buffs that can be applied. think like a healer with the ability to buff the tank for 25% increased health for a certain period.

I keep saying what i always said:

I want driod classes:

being a t7 or hk is obvious.

Meaby the free driod enclave as starting point.

Regardless it wont happen.

Well, you don't need a story line for a droid do you? fe you get that assassin droid at lvl50, why not let us be that droid aswell?

with no story line needed (because a droid is manufacterd, therefore it knows 'life' when it is created) Something like the Monsterclass in LOTRO? Already lvl 50, you just need abilities to unlock!

Someoen has to work this out tho! :)

Well, you don't need a story line for a droid do you? fe you get that assassin droid at lvl50, why not let us be that droid aswell?

with no story line needed (because a droid is manufacterd, therefore it knows 'life' when it is created) Something like the Monsterclass in LOTRO? Already lvl 50, you just need abilities to unlock!

Someoen has to work this out tho! :)

I was more thinking about gaining different owners and choicing between being a loyal driod or try and get your freedom.

Also have other driod companions would make sence.

EXAMPLE:

You are a t9-88(made up) untility driod bought by a wealthy person who wants you to maintain his computer.

Being send from point a to be to c etc etc meeting the members of the house(some are nice and others are mean)

making choice's that effect the outcome of a mission.

For example at the end of the first quest serrie get a order to debug the mainfram while doing so you discovered a driod companion you have bin working with from the begining is schedualt for a memory wipe.

Are you going to delete that file(freedom) or keep it(loyal)

Or you might be a assasin driod send on random assasintations for your master.

Where you must choice between obeying and defying you master.

Bounty Hunter could REALLY use something like this. EG

Powertech

Has the option to become specialized in melee or gadgetry.

Weapon loadout: Vibroknife and Pistol

Mercenary

Has the option to become specialize in Duel Pistols and Carbines.

Weapon loadout: duel pistols and Carbines

Not sure what to call the advanced classes, but I know it would add a lot more variety to the profession.

Edited by oslek