• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there no Dev Response to this?

Can't you take 1 minute and state

A: We're working on it.

B: We don't Care - Deal with it.

Seriously?

I though it was obvious, BW devs dont care at all. They just make random changes and hope people like them...

This option should of been added long time ago, suppress errors on screen FFS! I don't care if my target is too far away, or i'm not behind my target, my skill will pop when the target is in the proper position either way.

SUPPRESS ERROR TEXT!

thank you :)

/signed & bump

Also wish to disable 2 sounds.

1. clicking sound when you hit an ability that fails to activate or cant activate.

2. clicking sound it makes when any ability activates.

Part of the same contributing negative impact on the total game experience.

lol ok let me say it like this.

if you spam 1 button as fast as you can, you get 1 red line.

if you spam 2 buttons as fast as you can you get 1 red line (with the occasional 2nd)

if you just go nuts and start smashing 3 buttons as fast as you can the red lines start going nuts.

if you make a macro you get tons of red lines.

i have no clue at all if they will add macro's to the game but what i do know is they are not built into the game at this moment.

so how do you stop people from using macros to gain an overwelming advantage? put 10 red lines in front of them apparently lol

im not a troll... i just think its funny how people use 3rd party macro programs and then yell at bioware because it doesnt work right.

if they enable macros i will be happy to turn my 3 bars into 4 buttons... but until then i enjoy seeing whats in front of me.

Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

You can spam 2 buttons and get the full red text across the screen, They just need to report different errors.

example: ability 1 says Not in range, Ability 2 says not enough focus.

cant play with such bugs.

after 6-7 years of wow i was looking for a nice alternative,but seems this one is just another hoax delivering eyecandy only.

guess ill go back to wow and leave this game to the mouseclickers.

panda>sith

gg

After messing around with the pts I was very disappointed when I realized there was no way to move/disable the red error text frame with the new UI customization. In fact the frame is non existent.

Is it so that there are a couple of people at bioware that are so purists and so influential that they block this option, the same way that they deny us a cross-server LFG interface, and don't give a rats butt about the major player base that really want these changes?

Even tho I have been very patient and thinking that bioware just need some time to implement these features, it is very frustrating and annoying to see that this thread have been left unanswered for this long, something that makes me think they just ignore subjects they don't care about.

So, here goes another bump, crossing my fingers for a official reply.

Hello everyone!

Damion Schubert responded to this question in the March 30th Community Q&A:

Asphen: Can we get an option to turn off the combat error text in the center of my screen?

Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer): We will be looking at adding the ability to move and/or turn off banner text and error text (the two kinds of text that appear in the middle of your screen) as part of the GUI customization system in a future patch. This isn't a trivial issue, however - in some cases, fairly vital information is given to the player here, and we'd need to be sure that in these cases the text gets rerouted someplace for a player to review. So short form, yeah, we're thinking about it, but no ETA for you at this time.

Please click here for the entire Q&A and click here for the discussion thread.

To keep an eye on what developers are discussing, please keep an eye on both the Community Blog and the Developer Tracker for updates!

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the response... it only took like 4 months... So much for my confidance in customer support being superior in this game (but there is always room for improvement)

On a happier note:

:p:D:p:o;):D:rolleyes:;):cool:

I am glad this option will be added to the UI. It is very considerate of the devs to address our desires.

As for advice to the DEVS on the NEEDED messages and the ones you DONT want to see...

They function in two completely different boxes from what I can see. The messages we want show up in BIG BOLD TEXT and pop up in the middle of a boss fight. The two boxes unfortunatly overlap slightly, making it difficult to read the messages about the fight that we need.

The messages we dont want to see relate to the interface telling the player that the ability they want to use is not ready, cant find a target, or cant be used yet (due to lack of "force" or Cooldown). These messages are in a box that scrolls all the way down the middle of the screen. A quick fix for this problem until an option is added would be to limit the box to only a few lines of errors.

Since the player has to be really trying to get the errors to spam, he or she probably doesnt need more than 5 lines of errors at any given time. And the entire error box should be toggleable and moveable for those of us with custom monitors and interfaces.

Honestly ... It's about damn time we got a response, and i'm happy to hear they are addressing this. Doesn't look like a fix for 1.2 which is depressing as i would really like to see my character under all the red combat text spam. I'm sure i'll be back to attempt this game again when i hear it's fixed