*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

Lith_Ragond

So, in the Sith Warrior story, you get Malavai Quinn right? Well, low and behold, he BETRAYS you. And what does BioWare force you to do? FORGIVE HIM and let hims till tag along. I'm sorry, but this was the first time I felt the story crafted by BW really betrayed my character. He's 100% Darkside, true blood Sith. Never made a single light choice and hit Dark 5 before hitting level 40.

I understand Quinn is a companion, and kind of a major one at that, but I sure as hell wanted to kill him! I don't care I'd be down one companion, there's no freaking way my character would allow him to live! At least give us the choice (marked EXTREMELY clearly for those "special" players) to do what we want, until that point, BW had crafted a wonderful story with plenty of choices to craft your character. Now it just feels forced. The story, dialogue, and voice acting are what set this game apart, this just broke one of those stories!

So now, to play my character how I want him to be, I've got to see if upgrading my little droid can replace Quinn as my healer. Not cool BioWare, not cool.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in the Sith Warrior story, you get Malavai Quinn right? Well, low and behold, he BETRAYS you. And what does BioWare force you to do? FORGIVE HIM and let hims till tag along. I'm sorry, but this was the first time I felt the story crafted by BW really betrayed my character. He's 100% Darkside, true blood Sith. Never made a single light choice and hit Dark 5 before hitting level 40.

I understand Quinn is a companion, and kind of a major one at that, but I sure as hell wanted to kill him! I don't care I'd be down one companion, there's no freaking way my character would allow him to live! At least give us the choice (marked EXTREMELY clearly for those "special" players) to do what we want, until that point, BW had crafted a wonderful story with plenty of choices to craft your character. Now it just feels forced. The story, dialogue, and voice acting are what set this game apart, this just broke one of those stories!

So now, to play my character how I want him to be, I've got to see if upgrading my little droid can replace Quinn as my healer. Not cool BioWare, not cool.

because somebody like you or aka "THAT GUY" would go around killing off all their companions, the QQ to a game master about how you can't do nothing, soBW has to spoon feed and hold your hand, through out the game cause other people like you and "THAT GUY", killed off their companions, and purposely ruined an aspect of the game that was implement. If you wanted this option to stay you should have a talk with "THAT GUY" so stuff like this in the future won't happen. Thank you for playing.

because somebody like you or aka "THAT GUY" would go around killing off all their companions, the QQ to a game master about how you can't do nothing, soBW has to spoon feed and hold your hand, through out the game cause other people like you and "THAT GUY", killed off their companions, and purposely ruined an aspect of the game that was implement. If you wanted this option to stay you should have a talk with "THAT GUY" so stuff like this in the future won't happen. Thank you for playing.

This is untrue. There's many players who won't mind being down a companion or two. You automatically assume the original poster would regret it. I find this assumption to be ridiculous considering he's replacing Quinn already due to not wanting him for his actions. Either way he's already without Quinn so what difference does it make if he's dead? He's also not asking for a way to kill off all his companions just the ones in which it makes sense for his character.

His character was stabbed in the back. He's 100% Dark Side. Why would he let him live? Note I'm a Light Sith and didn't want to kill him but I do see the original posters point. Not to mention some of us have come from hardcore games where you're punished harshly for mistakes and.. we loved said games. Just because some people need hand holding doesn't mean we all do.

Edited by Rhyltran

...Wouldn't it be logical to make it so there's atleast one companion you just can't kill off, for whatever reason.

I mean...tbh, I don't care much either way, but I mean, for inquisitors, make it Khem, or Ashara (if she has a high affection, then she's a perfect tool), for warriors make it Vette? Er, regardless, just, long story short, that whole thing could be mostly avoided by making it so you couldn't kill certain companions (after all, the reason this Sith wanted to kill Malavi was because he betrayed him. Vader force-choked people for less than that.)

So I mean, it doesn't even need to be necessary for all companions to have the option to be killed, but if you're going to have a moment where someone does something truly horrendous, then one would imagine all the options would be considered, especially something so blatantly...sith....on the sith side...

Edited by darth_thanatos

See above.

lol i still seriously think that they should have let you have like 3 major class spec companions, and let you pick the rest because uhm *** is the pointof the security key vendor as a sith warrior??? i get a droid mouse.... the its like 8 things for khem val???? the chick clothes which isnt like a big deal. then some other random persons gear, but literal nothing for ME. lol. i didnt see the uses

After that quest, since it wouldn't allow me to kill him, I had to console myself with simply refusing his marriage proposal, banning him from my quarters, forcing him to be a crafting slave, and then banging Pierce right on the tiny ship where he couldn't avoid hearing it.

Though I would have much preferred to reply to the marriage proposal (which came after the betrayal) with a conversation option of: "No I won't marry you. You. Tried. To. Kill. Me. And you insulted me while doing so, by thinking that two little strong level mobs could do it. They weren't even elites!"

If not killing, a nice overload of lightning is in due. Torture him and let him come back as a wretch.

If not killing, a nice overload of lightning is in due. Torture him and let him come back as a wretch.

You can throw him into a wall then choke him within an inch of his life...but that's it. The other thing that gets me is if you then cover it up its as if nothing and i mean NOTHING has happened. His response are still the same, your affection level is the same...everything is the same. TBH i dont see the point of the betrayal it ends up having no bearing on the story.

It would've have been a better idea to have the droid betray you, he was given to you by Baras to begin with, and then have a crafting quest thingy to build a new one that you could name.

You can throw him into a wall then choke him within an inch of his life...but that's it. The other thing that gets me is if you then cover it up its as if nothing and i mean NOTHING has happened. His response are still the same, your affection level is the same...everything is the same. TBH i dont see the point of the betrayal it ends up having no bearing on the story.

It would've have been a better idea to have the droid betray you, he was given to you by Baras to begin with, and then have a crafting quest thingy to build a new one that you could name.

I like that idea, makes a lot more sense.

I was hoping this would only happen if his affection was low at that point of the game. I've already had him propose and everything. It's weird for him to try to kill someone who is practically his wife just because he "owes Baras his career." Edited by Tamyn

Congratulation, you have discovered that you don't play your own saga, you play the character BW designed for you.

And yes it blows.

WHy are you here? Waste of space imo.

Anyway, I think it isn't that bad. It is very disappointing though and I agree that implementing a dead companion wouldn't have been a bad decision. They do a damn popup when you go into a PvP server, why not one to make sure you kill him? Why wouldn't you be able to gimp yourself? It's up to you right?

Maybe down the line they'll expand on the system and some less conservative choices will be available ;)

I was hoping this would only happen if his affection was low at that point of the game. I've already had him propose and everything. It's weird for him to try to kill someone who is practically his wife just because he "owes Baras his career."

I finally got to this point myself, after marrying the guy and him sending me letters about our relationship and so on. Yup, he does it - he betrays you regardless.

But if it makes you feel any better, our characters aren't like us and they don't live in a world like ours. It seems that marriages for sith are as much about gaining social status and power or moreso than they are about love. After all, the penalty for weakness in this world is often an early demise. So in a way, my character just kinda rolled with the inevitable and forgave him. These things happen, why let it spoil an otherwise good lay.. er, "marriage".

But then again, I am playing a light sw. Someone with a lot less patience and a much bigger god complex than me handles it differently.

But if it makes you feel any better, our characters aren't like us and they don't live in a world like ours. It seems that marriages for sith are as much about gaining social status and power or moreso than they are about love.

that's not the point. I just got to this quest yesterday, playing full dark side sith. I have killed every npc I've had the option to. I've killed enemies, incompetent allies, and I've killed people just because I could. On alderaan in the class quest when the general begged me to kill him and not his lover, I killed everyone in the room except him, out of spite. I have actively encouraged Jaessa to hunt and kill light side leaning sith. There is NO WAY I would forgive someone who betrays me and tries to kill me. The way the story stands the harshest I can do is choke him for 10 seconds then keep him on my ship.

what idiot would let a traitor stay on their ship, nevermind what self respecting sith would let him live? honestly...

Edited by blargsauce

that's not the point. I just got to this quest yesterday, playing full dark side sith. I have killed every npc I've had the option to. I've killed enemies, incompetent allies, and I've killed people just because I could. On alderaan in the class quest when the general begged me to kill him and not his lover, I killed everyone in the room except him, out of spite. I have actively encouraged Jaessa to hunt and kill light side leaning sith. There is NO WAY I would forgive someone who betrays me and tries to kill me. The way the story stands the harshest I can do is choke him for 10 seconds then keep him on my ship.

what idiot would let a traitor stay on their ship, nevermind what self respecting sith would let him live? honestly...

Trust me, it took a lot of work and convincing myself, to rationalize the decision to forgive him >.> I'm still all about that droid betrayal idea, because honestly even if Quinn was afraid for his life if he didn't follow Baras' orders, he should have known that either I would protect him from Baras (light) or I would kill him myself (dark) after he goes through with the betrayal.

Now that I am playing through the second time I don't care as much about the character because I know whats coming.

The first time I played through the SW story this was a deal breaker for me and I could not play the class anymore. Having the decision forced on you to forgive him is terribly broken and what is even worse seconds after the cut scene ends, it is like it never happened at all and isn't mentioned again. I can not understand why anyone thought this was a good idea in a story based game where you have killed people you don't know for much less, let alone a betrayal on this level.

I actually wrote a feedback in beta that I knew would not go anywhere, but even now I would actually pay for DLC that allowed me to kill him and quest for a new companion.

Below is a rough of what I sent them, it just made me feel alittle better.

---------

1. After the betrayal and you are forced to take him back Jaesa feels a strong dark side presence in the force in a companion conversation on the Sith world of Dromund Kaas (start quest).

2. After arrival and some menial steps (others are looking for him/her) you track down the Sorcerer in one of the ruins. Fight ensues and you beat him, background story insert and he pledges his loyalty to you. You call Quinn down and have him help the sorcerer, he then makes a remark of how the crew is growing and an eye needs to be turned to quartering space on the ship.

3. It is at this point the camera pans back to you and you say. "that will not be a concern, Quinn. [sorcerer] will be taking your quarters". Quinn comments as he realizes what this means and your option wheel appears.

1. [light side] - Your services are no longer needed.

Your treachery has not been forgiven Quinn and neither your punishment. Your new assignment, Sergeant. Will be so far off the known map the empire will never know you even existed.

2. [dark side] - Your existence ends now

Your treachery Malavai Quinn has not been forgotten and you have now outlived your usefulness to me. One does not cross a Sith Lord.

(You strike him down with your saber leaving his body for the core slugs)

3. [dark side] - Your treachery has not been forgotten

Did you actually believe I would allow you live after what you have done? Now that your replacement has been sought out your usefulness to me has run its course. [sorcerer] end this miserable wretches life, he does not deserve my blade.

Edited by Random_Axcess

I just completed this part of the story.. and it is the most anti-climax thing ever. I really wish i had the option to kill him. Forgiving just doesn't make sense. To those who are saying that we will kill all companions, BW can just let us kill atleast 1 that betray us and somehow mock up another companion to join us. That would be way better than letting us forgive that pos. Edited by SmileyJeff

Now that I am playing through the second time I don't care as much about the character because I know whats coming.

The first time I played through the SW story this was a deal breaker for me and I could not play the class anymore. Having the decision forced on you to forgive him is terribly broken and what is even worse seconds after the cut scene ends, it is like it never happened at all and isn't mentioned again. I can not understand why anyone thought this was a good idea in a story based game where you have killed people you don't know for much less, let alone a betrayal on this level.

I actually wrote a feedback in beta that I knew would not go anywhere, but even now I would actually pay for DLC that allowed me to kill him and quest for a new companion.

Below is a rough of what I sent them, it just made me feel alittle better.

---------

1. After the betrayal and you are forced to take him back Jaesa feels a strong dark side presence in the force in a companion conversation on the Sith world of Dromund Kaas (start quest).

2. After arrival and some menial steps (others are looking for him/her) you track down the Sorcerer in one of the ruins. Fight ensues and you beat him, background story insert and he pledges his loyalty to you. You call Quinn down and have him help the sorcerer, he then makes a remark of how the crew is growing and an eye needs to be turned to quartering space on the ship.

3. It is at this point the camera pans back to you and you say. "that will not be a concern, Quinn. [sorcerer] will be taking your quarters". Quinn comments as he realizes what this means and your option wheel appears.

1. [light side] - Your services are no longer needed.

Your treachery has not been forgiven Quinn and neither your punishment. Your new assignment, Sergeant. Will be so far off the known map the empire will never know you even existed.

2. [dark side] - Your existence ends now

Your treachery Malavai Quinn has not been forgotten and you have now outlived your usefulness to me. One does not cross a Sith Lord.

(You strike him down with your saber leaving his body for the core slugs)

3. [dark side] - Your treachery has not been forgotten

Did you actually believe I would allow you live after what you have done? Now that your replacement has been sought out your usefulness to me has run its course. [sorcerer] end this miserable wretches life, he does not deserve my blade.

Long story short they originally did have him to die if you choose dark side, but it led to problems when people were down a critical companion especially to sith juggernaut immortals

From what I heard A lot of people realized too late if you killed a companion you don't get another one, and led to some issues

It would be so simple to make a workaround for dark side players..

a) Torture him, until his mind breaks and and then then replace his brain with cybernetics, so You kill him, but companion stays with slightly modified look.

OR

b) Kill him and then complete another class quest to replace him with another healer companion.

OR

c) Freeze him in carbonite and allow players to keep him in your cargo as a reminder with an option to unfreeze him if they are really in need of him.