Lost Island HM?

I'm interested in doing Lost Island HM as one of my speeder flashpoints but from what I've heard it's pretty tough. Some people I know have done it and I've spoken to other people who believe that it is the hardest thing they've tried in the game. With that said, I have some questions.

I'm a shadow tank, so what kind of stats would I need? In terms mainly of health, shield rating and shield chance. Also, I understand that full Columi is pretty much a minimum to be able to run Lost Island HM.

And I suppose my last question is, is it really THAT difficult?

The stats dont factor in to much, its doable in tionese gear (albeit very hard), if you're in full columi its easy as long as you know what you're doing.

Also, you're a shadow tank. You're the best tank ever in this flashpoint, because of force shroud (idk what shadow equivalent is, at least immune to tech/force effects for 5 seconds, + purges everything).

No, its not as hard as people tell you. If everyone in the flashpoint have an understanding for the mechanics, its super easy. Last time I did it, I ran with my 5th level 50, which was my mercenary in arsenal.

My gear wasnt even tionese, it was modded with daily mods.

other dps, columi/rakata/BH marauder

healer = operative in recruit/tionese/columi mix

tank was assasin tank (awesomely geared, cant remember what but 50/50 shield/absorb, 15 defence and 29.8k hp.

We did it in about 30 minutes, only had one wipe first boss (droid).

Its very easy, just read up on tactics and have an understanding of the fights before you go there.

Good luck :-)

The first several times I tried it I was convinced it was the hardest thing ever.

Once I ran it with someone who knew the strategies, it became easy. This was with 3 people who had never gotten last LR-5, and one person who had. So I would recommend taking at least one person along who can do LI.

When my lastest alt dinged 50 I ran LI in Tionese/Columi and rocked it. Got the Rakata chest out of it too.

To sum:

1. Know the fights.

2. Know the mechanics of the fights.

= win

I ran it the other night as my Shadow Tank with our Sage DPS (Who knew the fight) and Vanguard & Healer that had done half of it. We ended up using the ... what did he call it? .. the Melee Strat for the Droid and rocked everything else.

But yes, it is easier to run with someone that knows it or to watch some videos, then you can decide on who does what. I did with guildies, so we were all on vent. lol.

It's quite easy. Here are some tips: Watch strategy videos on Youtube, read strategy guides, bring people you know and know the strategy, don't bring tards with you, don't pug it with tards, don't pug it at all if you know what's good for you, if you do wind up pug'ing it, make sure they know the strategies (and if you have a melee, decide on how to position the fights). And lastly, I just want to emphasize that gear isn't really what matters, it's all about the mechanics.

All saying its easy in tionesse gear, thank your party members, they've just carried you through an FP. :rak_03:

Well, if the one with not-awesome gear knows the fight, doesn't screw up and cause constant wipes, I'm actually happy that someone can put that gear to good use. My guild have this FP on farm (most just do it for the weekly )turns out to be an excellent place to get Rakata chest and Columi weapon, wheather is for a new 50 within the guild or some random to complete the group.