Bioware, when can we get a word on player housing?

ISDcaptain

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your ship is your house. and you should be great full it was free too. Wanna buy a house? with the game-economy that will be a 10million credit down payment, if you want a door, thats another 80k.

My ship is my ship. It takes me from A to B. My house is something on the ground, with walls and cool stuff and windows, in close proximity to other houses.

Totally different thing.

And by the time we get it, I'm sure I can afford it.

Edited by Lent_San

Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

“We’re not saying never, but it’s not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.”

Absolutely NOT what I wanted to hear Courtney...but knowing that this isn't on your list of things to come, is good to know. Again, I'd so much rather have honesty than silence. THANK YOU!

That being said...you guys are making a HUGE mistake...it's by far one of the most engaging things you can add to an MMO. It gives players a connection to the world that simply playing it never could. I hope you revisit the idea soon'ish.

We all have our opinions, but personally, like I have said before somewhere, I think focusing on player housing would be a mistake. Most people will tell you they hated it when the worlds seemed empty, when the fleet was empty. So, everyone hanging out in player housing....yeah, seems like a bad idea to me. :confused:

pretty much.

Its never going to happen. the denial is hilarious.

No worries. Keeping my money I'd otherwise invest in housing to myself then. :rolleyes: BTW, your definition of 'not on our list of things right now" is hilarious indeed.

If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors

That's great! I love ships. Who needs some old stationary shack on some random planet on the edge of the galaxy.

Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

“We’re not saying never, but it’s not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.”

Like others its not the answer I would have preferred but it doesn't surprise me either.

Thank you for the reply.

Hey ISDcaptain,

This makes me happy. While I would have hoped that it would be 'soon', I'm still pleased that they're taking it in the direction of the ship and not a home on some world. I want to see trophies and mementos of my victories, whether is carbonite-frozen enemies on my BH ship, or the lightsabers of conquered Jedi on my Inquisitor's ship.

Absolutely NOT what I wanted to hear Courtney...but knowing that this isn't on your list of things to come, is good to know. Again, I'd so much rather have honesty than silence. THANK YOU!

That being said...you guys are making a HUGE mistake...it's by far one of the most engaging things you can add to an MMO. It gives players a connection to the world that simply playing it never could. I hope you revisit the idea soon'ish.

I'm sorry but I disagree. Player housing to me would be a waist simply because it would require effort to design as well as major adjustments to quest areas and pvp areas. Also it must be said that because of the limiting aspects of the worlds I do not see them being viable simply because that would require a re design of the worlds into a sandbox and that simply won't happen. However, all of what you said is true if it were applied to our ships because to me that has more of a connection than a house.

even an SWG type of customization for ships would be awesome, let me give u a example... like the look of the armor you are wearing? np.. drop it on the ground. /move forward 100.... /move up 100.. /move right 20... BAM armor suit on the wall! like collecting fluff?, or all the weapons you collected and liked the look of... your first colour crystals? up on the walls and roofs too! however you want them to be, some people... myself included. enjoy this type of immersion. if you dont like it you dont have to take part. how are ideas like this bad?

See now that type of thing could work, ie things on the walls as it wouldn't/shouldn't conflict with the companion scripting/movement in cutscenes. The only place it would be a problem are in areas where companions lean up against the wall, and there probably aren't a ton of instances of that in/on certain places in your ship.

And there you have it.

IF this ever gets done, redecorating the inside of ships COMES FIRST.

But you're still never going to be able to decorate it in the sense of putting something like a table somewhere it wasn't before or anything like that because it would interfere with the way the ship cutscenes are scripted.

Hey ISDcaptain,

I'm happy with that, thank you for the response.

To be fair we do not have any idea to what extent that customisation could take. If it is just changing colours and perhaps textures it would be somewhat disappointing. If it includes adding furniture and cosmetic things like trophies and the like it could be very satisfying indeed. Making it feel like your ship and not just one of a tens of thousands of identical ships would be a big boost to immersion and also forge a connection.

Edited by LadyDrusilla

I'd say overall customization is important and not just for ships and/or houses which may be or may not be added later. There is much to be desired when it comes to gear and it's rather............sameness and lack of color options. More customizable options is better. So imo they should start at the gear and go from there.

Hey ISDcaptain,

TY Bioware. Atleast now I know your not oblivious to the idea, unlike some other players here.

Then this game is a failure as an MMO

Hogwash, many MMO's lack player housing.

Personally I have no desire to have it even if there was a suitable location and there isn't. We all have personal starships which if you must obsess about housing you could call a house of sorts that fits the context of the game.

Hey ISDcaptain,

Now this is good,i would love to custumize my own ship,it`s nice to see that BioWare it`s starting to comunicate more with us,thank you for the information Courntey :)

Hey ISDcaptain,

As others have said, it's not exactly what I was hoping for. The ships have too much of their own style to allow for much customization. Not to mention that Bounty Hunters would need an entirely new ship first, since they literaly have little room for any customization.

• 1 year later...