Blue + Epic Scatterguns?

Jeido

Gotta be a bug - i reversed engineered a couple of vibro's with my IA in general testing, never got any blues - but stupid me, i just thought it was bad luck, so didn't bother reporting it.

Now with my BH i'm making vibros for Mako and still seeing the same issue - no blues. Will file a bug report when/if i finally beat the queue

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have RE'd close to 100 Vibroknifes of various levels and have never discovered a recipe. I finally figured this must be a bug and started looking for answers. It appears this is either a bug or by design (since they're "special" weapons).

As an IA/Operative I cannot describe how much this would suck if it is by design. An Operative's blaster is not their primary weapon.

Here's hoping this gets some attention from the Devs and confirmed as a known bug rather than a design feature. Otherwise I guess it'll be time to start an alt as the Operative/Armstech combo will be a lot less appealing to play for me.

The last ones I tried were the L25 Recon Scatterguns (not 100% sure of the name) and still could not get any blues from RE them. I'm sure they are either not implemented or it is bugged.

I did file a bug report in game.

It's kinda lame that if I were a gunslinger I could make two purple guns for myself, but as a scoundrel I could only make a purple and a green. :(

Edited by Cortechs

I hope they did fix Scatterguns/Vibroknives... I do have a blue schematic I got off a drop or something called X-440 Precision Sentry Shotgun? Stats are awesome for level 37.

Wish it was a vibroknife though.

Is there a huge interest in blue Scatterguns at this level? Thought about making some to put on the Nar Shadda neutral Auction. I'm an imperial.

I hope they did fix Scatterguns/Vibroknives... I do have a blue schematic I got off a drop or something called X-440 Precision Sentry Shotgun? Stats are awesome for level 37.

Wish it was a vibroknife though.

Is there a huge interest in blue Scatterguns at this level? Thought about making some to put on the Nar Shadda neutral Auction. I'm an imperial.

Honestly, people sell enough blue scatterguns that drop from the world. Now, what I am interested in is whether or not that Blue can be RE'd into a purple =)

Edited by Jeido

• 2 weeks later...

Are you able to RE purple weapons and learn the legendary recipes? as i understand it the hierarchy goes white < green< blue </= orange < purple < dark blue.

if i RE a bunch of purple crafted can I learn the dark blue ones? Do they exist?

Thanks,

You Still cannot RE Vibros or Scatterguns its been like this since day one.. Dev please respond to why? or will this ever get fixed? Its a HUGE ISSUE, MAINLY since well lets face it, Armstech is freaking worthless and your making it even less useful.

I generally don't like most complaining on the forums, but this is a pretty legitimate gripe. To give something the ability to be RE'd but not get reward for it is pretty poor, especially to have not been acknowledged by the devs in over a month now. If there can't be schematics learned it should be greyed out, or at least a warning of some kind.

It would be nice to at least know whether it's a bug or intended. I recently acquired a schematic for a blue scattergun but not through RE (from a mission I think). I may try REing this when I have more mats. Edited by Pherdnut

Bump for great justice.

I would advise everyone to take the time to fill out a bug report in game to help get this issue addressed.

I cannot imagine the lack of RE discoveries on these item types is intended. (and therefore is a bug, or a design gap that should be fixed, and soon)

I am sure this is the correct thread to ask this question.. I came across a Schematic ( Recpie) on the broker for a scatter gun it is called an " X-440 Precision Sentry Shotgun" ... Has anyone else tried using this recipe for it advancing to an Artifact ( Purple) item to craft .. It is already a crafted blue item.. I have reversed only about 10-15 of them so far .. But if it will become a waste of credits or Mat's.. I would like to know before I preceed .. Thank you in advance ..

Von

... Bump

Edited by VONNER

I'm pretty well convinced at this point that REs do not exist for off-hand weapons...period. I've crafted DOZENS of Vibroknives and Scatterguns only to waste tons of time and stacks of mats.

I think that at the very least, if something cannot be RE'd, the option to do so should not be there.