Republic is awful at pvp, consider before you choose.

Hexxin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 1st couple days it seemed even for us on my server (Bondar Crystal - Republic). Now I can't even get the daily PvP quest to win one match before I get too frustrated and quit.

It's similar on Trayus Academy. I'm a 42 Shadow Tank and the Warzones used to be quite balanced, but now the Republic hardly wins a game.

IMHO the main reason for that is that we never have any healer, while there is always at least one Sorceror healing for the Empire.

It's frustrating as a tank when you take so much damage but noone is there who can heal you and who you can guard.

Most Republic players I get in the WZs are dumb zergers who don't care about objectives or strategies.

The only bright spot is Huttball (I only get that veeeery rarely) where one good player can influence the game much more than in the other two warzones. The team I'm on probably wins 90% of the Huttball matches, while it loses 95% of Voidstar and 75% of Civil War, where team work is so much more important.

Consular is the exact same class, they are mirror classes guy.

Actually no, the lame mechanics of lightning vs pebble throw make Sorcs superior. Until they make Consular projectiles do instant damage like their Inq counterparts, Consulars will remain the inferior choice.

What a terrible assumption. And no im not trolling. I hear ya on the lack of communication but these are team games. You can't expect to be randomized with a bunch of folks and expect to win 100% of your games?

The argument that republic sucks as PVP is subjective, i could say the same thing about the Sith on my server and the problem will never solve itself. In any case, if you want to win more games you need to be queded with people you know who want what you want, to win. People willing to swallow their pride and listen to leadership and learn to become strong. Help eachother out.

It's good to be good at soloing but it only gets you so far. You can deal the most damage in the entire match but still lose the game because you focused on kills rather than organization.

I hope you guys are getting what I am saying. This is an MMO not CoD. If you want to win games team up with people who actually talk, stratagize and plan in these games and you will win a ton of games because 9 times out of 10 you will be more organized than the opponents you face. Get out there and make friends, bond, create or join guilds with the same mindset. Your investment in this game is not to get a quickie levle 50 and be done, your creating a community here. Be a leader and start somewhere.

Not trying to be an A-hole but rather inspire some courage to do more than complain. A lot more than what most people do when they get on here. I wish you all the best.

Maybe you keep loosing becuase, you suck. Just a thought. I play Empire whenever we come up against Republic it only takes 3 people to know what theyre doing to take us down. Empire generally wins purely because we have a team full of bounty hunters/ Agents, because melee isnt as good at lower levels (The truth hurts), but thats another story.

Maybe you keep loosing becuase, you suck. Just a thought. I play Empire whenever we come up against Republic it only takes 3 people to know what theyre doing to take us down. Empire generally wins purely because we have a team full of bounty hunters/ Agents, because melee isnt as good at lower levels (The truth hurts), but thats another story.

Because obviously the op is three people and not one....

I'd have to agree with OP. Though I think if republic had more skilled players, it wouldn't be as fun. I wouldn't say its completely due to player skill either, it largely has to do with the fact that no republic players play sage and guardian, while 70% of Imperial players play sith inquisitor and sith warrior (all clases).

However it does seem republic players lack team work (picking out targets, healing, shielding). Now i'm not supporting the argument that inquisitor is OP or that empire is easy, but I do think empire has a lot more players, and therefore, a greater number of skilled players.

I, for one, enjoy playing Republic because there's a greater feeling of accomplishment when you overcome the odds and win against zerg warzone teams. I think its just a matter of people learning their classes niche in PVP, rather than going for straight damage output and kills.

Edited by FredTheBeard