Guardian tank build PVE

iKelso

Hello,

Changed my topic a bit.

I want a good build for the guardian for PVE and PVP now.

With 2.0 coming up wich build will be the most usefull?

and should i pick endurance over strength? Or strength over endurance?

Edited by iKelso

I´ll give you some basics.

Place your guard on the higest dps, preferably a melee dps.

The first real tanking gear drops in Athiss and have defence on it. Every time something drops with strenght and defence on it you may need. Medium armor never drops with defensive stats.

Later in the game you will stat seeing armor with absorb stats. Absorb is good, but not as good as defence. Given the choice take defence if the other stats are the same. That goes untill you get to level 50.

As far as groupcontent goes. Keep your healer safe. Sometimes you get dps that doesn´t kill of lowhp trash and just fokus on the big elites. Then you will have to run all over the place and pick up all the little mobs that have agro on the healer. When your certain nothing have agro on the healer you can return to tanking whenever the dps are beating on.

If the healer dies it´s your fault.

If the tank(you) die it´s the healers fault.

If the dps dies it´s their own fault.

Ofc thats not the whole story but it a place to start.

The tanking stickie is a good read. It also have a couple of builds. It´s a looong read, but it´s worth looking over and reading at least some of the sections.

• 2 weeks later...

While Leveling I'd actually go up the Vigilance tree and use Soresu form.

Why? Threat generation is key here, so spend your points in Vigilance to increase force critical, single saber mastery, Accuracy, and strength. Once you get into the 3rd Tier of Vigilance Unremitting will make you feel even tankier after you leap a mob and they try to stun or CC you. Overhead Slash is a Guardian Tanks highest DPS/Threat generator in the end game and I'm sure it will be equally powerful in the 30's and 40's. Sub 50 FP's don't require true tank builds, even going into Tier 1 Ops like Eternity Vault and Kragga's full Vigilence with tank gear is acceptable. But I would consider before moving into Explosive Conflict or Terror from Beyond going hybrid and taking 17 points in the defense tree to get Blade Barricade.

Your gear will not contain enough defense mitigation to justify anything short of the base buff that Soresu form gives you.

Take this time to learn how to hold threat, position mobs, interrupt abilities and guard the appropriate players. If you can master these things your spec will not be the difference maker.

Have fun,

Edited by Crionos

• 2 weeks later...

Changed my topic a bit.

I want a good build for the guardian for PVE and PVP now.

With 2.0 coming up wich build will be the most usefull?

and should i pick endurance over strength? Or strength over endurance?

Edited by iKelso

If the healer dies it´s your fault.

If the tank(you) die it´s the healers fault.

If the dps dies it´s their own fault.

I disagree with this post here.

This isn't always true.

If a healer dies it could be the Tanks fault , it could be the DPS fault or it could be the healers own fault.

In the Athiss station the last boss has dot that does a crap load of damage to anyone who gets it. The person will most likely die if the healer doesn't heal the DPS or himself or remove the debuff. If you wanted to place blame then I would say its the healer fault.

If the tank pulls a crap load of mobs and the healer can't keep him up then its usually the tanks fault. If a DPS pulls mobs while the tank is AFK and the healer dies because of it, then its the DPS fault that the healer dies.

What caused someone to dies depends on the situation. If you can't put the mental effort into figuring out what is causing people to die other than some made code to live by then you will have a hard time progressing.