Greatest Jedi Warrior

CainMarkoSith

I am going to have to agree with all the others here: Luke, hands down. Just read the Fate of the Jedi series: every twist that the Lost Tribe throws at him, you find out later he had planned for it from the start; Yoda, Mace, and Obi-Wan can't say the same when it comes to the plots of Sidious/Palpatine (and he was only one man, not a whole tribe of sith!).

These are Sith that have been cutoff from the universe for 5000 years. In the latest novel when he and Jania fight off 6 back to back he internally comments that all their experience is dueling, no real world experience.

Someone like Lord Hoth spent his life fighting only opponents experienced in War, the galaxy was ravaged by and had been his entire life. Yet he hewed through them like a whirling dervish.

Belth Allusis last stand was against 50000 seasoned troops with a force less than a tenth that size. Those things have to be taken into consideration.

I have seen all of the GL interviews in the the bonus material of the various movie dvd and blu-ray editions and I have never seen him say Luke was the most powerful force user ever. I haven't read all the EU books but a lot of then and I have seen "one of the most powerful jedi to ever live" but nothing crowning him to that. Power creep tends to happen when one continues to be a central figure in books dealing with super heroics. You see it in comics, video games, and novels all the time. Just look how powerful Galen Marek is.

Galen Marek is equal to ROTJ Luke(least imo), novel wise since the novel of TFU is canon not the gameplay. Its around somewhere but with all the novels about Luke its pretty much a no brainier that he is the best.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker#Powers_and_abilities

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Everyone saying luke has missed out on the most important acspect of this conversation.

Mace Windu: Purple Lightsaber

Luke Skywalker: Green Lightsaber

This makes Mace Windu>Luke Skywalker.

I guess you could also make an argument for Jainia Solo because she also used a purple lightsaber.

Luke.

Sigh, I really hate Luke just because of that. It's really annoying having an official "best jedi of all time", because it ruins all arguments. Whenever these threads come up we really should just ignore Luke.

And because Luke is a ******, he is so lame and annoying in the movies.

These are Sith that have been cutoff from the universe for 5000 years. In the latest novel when he and Jania fight off 6 back to back he internally comments that all their experience is dueling, no real world experience.

Someone like Lord Hoth spent his life fighting only opponents experienced in War, the galaxy was ravaged by and had been his entire life. Yet he hewed through them like a whirling dervish.

Belth Allusis last stand was against 50000 seasoned troops with a force less than a tenth that size. Those things have to be taken into consideration.

Luke, fought Abeloth and Ancient Sith who some say are suppose to be "the best duelists of the Sith".

Luke created a blackhole, could teleport objects, learned lightning, could knock down an AT-AT with a single one handed force push, mastered all 7 forms, could become immovable, was a master illusionist, and so much more.

Who has done all of that?

Edited by BrandonSM

I'll give you the dueling part; but remember this: they had 5000 years to get really good at what the Sith are good at anyway, deception. To be a Lord in the Lost Tribes society, you had to be good at it, and use it to advance. So my original point stands, he out deceives the best deceivers in the galaxy.

If you need more Force usage as proof, than here is this: he learns at least 1 new technic in each of the Fate of the Jedi books, on top of what he learned from Obi-wan and Yoda, and even the reborn Palpatine. These new powers tend to be just the ones needed to beat the bad guy of the book, or Abeloth herself.

Mace Windu. Was a brilliant General during the clonewars. was able to fight one of the most powerful sith lords ever to a standstill. mastered shatterpiont. destroyed a droid army with his bare hands. oh and he had a PURPLE LIGHTSABER!!.

...and got punked by Hayden Christiansen

DIIIIIISQUALIFIED!

I've only read a couple novels (forgot the names) post-star wars movie ep 4-6, haven't heard of the series 'Fate of the Jedi' until now. The last one I remember reading was Luke facing some Grand Admiral, who uses these creatures that repel force to protect himself, and Luke was pretty much on a planet smothered with these creatures and had to learn to get around without using the force for a while. Luke wasn't nearly as powerful as some of you are saying he is in Fate of the Jedi.

So if I want to get into the series, is there another book/series that prequels the 'Fate of the Jedi' one? In other words, where should I start?

I've only read a couple novels (forgot the names) post-star wars movie ep 4-6, haven't heard of the series 'Fate of the Jedi' until now. The last one I remember reading was Luke facing some Grand Admiral, who uses these creatures that repel force to protect himself, and Luke was pretty much on a planet smothered with these creatures and had to learn to get around without using the force for a while. Luke wasn't nearly as powerful as some of you are saying he is in Fate of the Jedi.

So if I want to get into the series, is there another book/series that prequels the 'Fate of the Jedi' one? In other words, where should I start?

Why would you start at one of the SW Series that are at the end of the timeline?

And that wasn't FOTJ, that was one of the Thrawn Books.

Why would you start at one of the SW Series that are at the end of the timeline?

And that wasn't FOTJ, that was one of the Thrawn Books.

lol, people don't read anymore before they reply do they?

I got my answer from another thread, for those wondering it goes New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, then Fate of the Jedi. Sounds crazy all the things you guys are saying Luke does, but I've got a long way to go, apparantly NJO is 19 books :p

lol, people don't read anymore before they reply do they?

I got my answer from another thread, for those wondering it goes New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, then Fate of the Jedi. Sounds crazy all the things you guys are saying Luke does, but I've got a long way to go, apparantly NJO is 19 books :p

I apologize, I misread.

Honestly, I wouldn't read NJO. Even though real important events happen, the writing is just... like a puzzle. The character's personalities and traits go back and forth as they switch off on writing.

The onyl reason I would see DB Series useful(As in relation to other books) is if you read pre-ROTJ Sith Books.

What I do is I pick an author and follow him/her. Even if their books are set era's apart. I just fill in the blanks with Wookieepedia. So if you liked DB, you probably want to read more of Karpshyns work.(Revan and this game.)

Though Karpshyn, we might not see another from him for a long time. He is supposedly working on some type of script for a non-SW thing AND always writing for this game.

My Authors are- Stover, Zahn and, Stewart.

Back on Topic:

Greatest doesn't necessairly mean most powerful. It just means kind of the truest Jedi.

I would Put Yoda for Greatest. Not most powerful. Just Truest Jedi. I mean it was literally impossible to influence Yoda to turn to the Dark Side, Galen Marek was 1 second away from being engulfed into Darkness just by being in the presence of Sidious.

Even Luke got seduced and even learned Force Lightning.

Mace Windu. Was a brilliant General during the clonewars. was able to fight one of the most powerful sith lords ever to a standstill. mastered shatterpiont. destroyed a droid army with his bare hands. oh and he had a PURPLE LIGHTSABER!!.

All of that aside, he is Samuel L. Jackson. I don't care if other Jedi may have been stronger, no Jedi has ever been or ever will be cooler.

There's a reason his lightsaber has "BMF" written on it.

mfw anyone cares what GL's opinion of this question is. :p

Of COURSE Luke is the "official" most powerful Jedi. Of COURSE Sidious is the "official" most powerful Sith Lord. The guy isn't taking any of the EU into consideration when you ask him this! So, considering Luke is the ONLY Jedi, then yeah, of course he's the strongest. And considering there are ONLY 3 Sith (Maul, Vader, Sidious) then yeah, it's pretty easy to see Sidious is the strongest.

Edit:

Yoda for the Jedi

Exar Kun for the Sith

Edited by Breckin_Fett

Starkiller because his whole life he was influenced by darth vader and the darkside and he still remained good and he ended up starting the Rebel alliance which was the catalyst to the Empire's downfall.

Starkiller FTW