Staggering EGA is pointless

LuckyLickedyou

the thing i dont get is servers come down briefly on the 19th midnight why bother staggering the EGA if they bring it all down and open the flood gates if it cant handle it now it definitely wont handle launch so i dont even see the point

Fair point. Maybe people will be getting some much needed rest on the 19th? it does seem like it will defeat the purpose of a staggered launch though...

I think that what they are doing is good. I have been in on several early access type launches and there are tons of problems because everyone is trying to get in. We are not seeing that with this game. People are not posting things like, I can't login in, the lag sucks, server keeps crashing etc. Just relax and wait it out.

I think that what they are doing is good. I have been in on several early access type launches and there are tons of problems because everyone is trying to get in. We are not seeing that with this game. People are not posting things like, I can't login in, the lag sucks, server keeps crashing etc. Just relax and wait it out.

yes but all of this will happen at launch and i would hate to see theese forums if servers crashed

i can understand spreading the players out through the servers evenly and letting lvls get between ppl

but the waves need to be much larger i would prefer if the servers had isues now rather then my free 30 days

come 20th the servers WILL be full loaded and qued to the max

Because nobody is going to be so excited to log back in on the 20th.

Right now people are itching to play, get their names, and rush through the addictive early zones. Once you get up there later though, you're not going to stay up all night playing.

hmmm i see but why hold so many ppl back make the waves bigger

Strange then that I didn't experience this with the AOC launch. It was ultra hyped, and tons of players was storming the gates. No lag, no zerged startingzones thx to instancing, no servers issues at all, perfect.

hmmm i see but why hold so many ppl back make the waves bigger

I think the waves are pretty big though. The key thing to realize is July was a massive spike in initial pre-orders.

At this point larger swathes of dates will be included.

My point still is, that once people log in the first time, they're not clamoring over each other to log in again.

There is no server first to 50 achievement. The game is best played with friends and a casual pace (and by that, I mean don't be in a hurry). Sure, a guild may want to gear up for operations ASAP, but there's plenty of time to relax.

That's because they've blocked the majority from playing the game, of course the servers will be smooth when they are near empty.

I'd think doing some maintenance just prior to the floodgates opening would be a good thing -- all the other MMO's I play have regular weekly server maintenance (patching, restarts, etc) and I expect TOR will as well. Why would you think that a maintenance window would negate the usefulness of the staggered rollout?

I'd think doing some maintenance just prior to the floodgates opening would be a good thing -- all the other MMO's I play have regular weekly server maintenance (patching, restarts, etc) and I expect TOR will as well. Why would you think that a maintenance window would negate the usefulness of the staggered rollout?

not the maintenance itself but the massive influx of people afterwards i personally do not mind waiting just wondering why they are drawing this out they cant just ignore all the forum rage can they

personally let ppl in faster if the servers bug or crash it gives them alot more time to fix for launch

i want this mmo to succeed having a bad launch may impact it negatively

I just don't understand what the staggered approach is meant to achieve and nobody at EA/Bioware has given an explanation. Come the 20th when the servers come up you will have the million+ pre-orders and god knows how many over the counter sales jam the system all at once to try and log in.

If the planets weren't phased with a maximum number of people per phase then I could understand the need to stagger.

I just don't understand what the staggered approach is meant to achieve and nobody at EA/Bioware has given an explanation. Come the 20th when the servers come up you will have the million+ pre-orders and god knows how many over the counter sales jam the system all at once to try and log in.

If the planets weren't phased with a maximum number of people per phase then I could understand the need to stagger.

this it just doeasnt make sense they would risk it on launch and not EGA seems like the point of head start is to fix/avoid problems before launch

Strange then that I didn't experience this with the AOC launch. It was ultra hyped, and tons of players was storming the gates. No lag, no zerged startingzones thx to instancing, no servers issues at all, perfect.

And how long did it take until they had too many servers? You do not understand the full reason of the staggared launch.

Because nobody is going to be so excited to log back in on the 20th.

Right now people are itching to play, get their names, and rush through the addictive early zones. Once you get up there later though, you're not going to stay up all night playing.

Speak for yourself, I plan on getting 2hours of sleep for the next year!