Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with the CE Vendor. I always was happy with the Collector's Edition box. Liked the design, the history book and the CE Soundtrack CD. Though from the CE items I only use the VIP lounge wirstband and the CE Special Edition Flare Gun. I just have to fire it after every victorious boss fight on Alderaan or any other tough fight.

I loved this scene in the Hope trailer when Malcolm fired his flare gun in victory over the imperial forces, then the camera zooms out into space and you see flares firing up all over the planet.

I mp3ed the soundtrack CD included in the CE and created a playlist that I like to play during planet questing when it's too silent for my taste. The theme songs for each class are great, especially Deception for the Sith Warrior and Hope for the Trooper. But let not forget songs like Clash of Destiny and Glory.

Lets get back to the CE Vendor.

He was somewhat weak at the beginning for the Republic side. Mainly because I don't find the Republic Officer outfit appealing but for the Imperial side he has a good assortment.

The Imperial Trooper set is one of my favorite outfits in the game and Vette customization 6 is so awesome it's almost unfair only CE owner can have it.

But now with the 4 dyes added, from which two are BOE, two BOP that sells very cheap and the Gold Efficiency Scanner I'm completely satisfied.

All my toons that use normally helmets have got a Gold Efficiency Scanner in their backpacks for use during flashpoints and other group content. It just looks good to see my toon face illuminated by the gold scanner during cutscenes.

Instead to add more items to which only a small minority is entitled to, I rather like to see more content added everyone has access to. I not a fan of elitism. I didn't buy the CE two year ago because of the CE vendor, that was just a bonus, I bought it because I'm a devoted Star Wars fan that wanted something memorable on my shelf. If there were no CE Vendor at the first place I would still bought the CE.

If there was ever a mistake with the CE vendor than only to have him included at all. They should just delete him and put all his assortment in the collections UI, much like the other CE exclusive items we already get via mail.

Seconded. Although, I always used the CE Speeder, well, before I got the Kurtob Alliance Speeder. But, this is the reason I got the CE. I love Star Wars, I though the Malgus statue was awesome (And started my addiction of collecting statues) The soundtrack is awesome, The journal of Master Gnost-Dural is sweet for my lore loving self, the Security Key is still useful to me almost three years later. I mean, we're coming up on 200 pages. Isn't this getting a bit... insane?

I understand that some folks, who bought the CE at launch, may feel as though the CE vendor hasn't gotten much new stuff over the years.

I just thought I'd offer myself and my questing partner as a counter-example -- even though we have been playing the game for a year and a half, we each recently bought a copy of the CE. We are both really happy with the cool stuff that the CE vendor offers.

Insane because of us or BW? There was so many good ideas in this thread that requires next to none effort on BW side and CE owners that cares about CE vendor would be satisfied.

If you read a couple of last pages you would see that we don't have hope for exclusive items available only in CE vendor. What would satisfy people here and would be IMO in line with current CM strategy is to make some of the old and exclusive CM stuff available through CE vendor. Stuff that is already in the game, but hard to get like some speeders (it baffles me how Aratech Lux was not there from the start... it so much fits in CE vendor), pets, old armor shells, dyes, etc. Like I said, many good ideas were mentioned here.

Just copy some stuff from embargoed vendors without cartel certificates requirement and people would be happy to see that we were not forgotten and dismissed as old news. Would it hurt or "slap" anyone from non-CE users? I really don't think so and it's less effort than recolors and such.

In 20 years, well after the game has shut down.. there will still be players griping somewhere on the internet about how they bought the CE for the digital goodies (mistake IMO, btw) and are still crushed that it never lived up to their personal expectations.

Let it go... move on.. there is so much in this game to play with..it's OK to let go.

You should let go of this thread. You stated so many times how you feel about this, why post here again when nothing more to say?

I'm waiting for you and others to let go first. :) I'm not the one bumping the thread.

I have all the time in the world as I am playing the game and enjoying it immensely. And all the physical goodies that I actually purchased the box CE for.... still love them and appreciate them.

Edited by Andryah

We also (at least I am) love physical stuff from CE and enjoy this game for more than 2 years. That doesn't mean we don't want some love towards CE vendor, especially with so many ideas that need so little work. Sometimes I think you want to make the bad guys from us just because we care about something you don't. Edited by Mike_Bluesky

We also (at least I am) love physical stuff from CE and enjoy this game for more than 2 years. That doesn't mean we don't want some love towards CE vendor, especially with so many ideas that need so little work. Sometimes I think you want to make the bad guys from us just because we care about something you don't.

I enjoy CE vendor content. I just don't feel a need to complain about it if what I personally would like to see on the Vendor is not there.

Honestly, I do not understand the mind set. It's not like they ever told any of us what would specifically be on it, or that we would have the option to specify what is on the vendor. And no.. passing marketeeze comments made by the various staff early on does not count... as those are NOT commitments.. they are hype.

It's a digital perk, included with the Boxed CE. All digital perks that come with CEs are transient in nature, and most are discarded early after a game launches. At least this set of perks persisted until the proliferation of adaptive armor via the CM. There was a time, when the armor was great for use on companions.. but that time as come and gone.

Edited by Andryah

Its times like this I'm glad I only paid £50 for the CE on the day the CE got released (its good to have friend who are manager and deputy of a gaming store so you can use their discounts and credit)

Lets face it the CM has taken over.. the CE was just a boost in profits for BW to start them moving on release before they sacked everyone and went downhill

R.I.P C.E

Yeah I got the CE for a dirt cheap price. Like $15! Sucks about this vendor, but the thing is big things changed for the game. A lot of their plans got pushed back or cancelled. Complaining about this is fine, but don't even think for a second this should ever in any world be a priority. The CE vendor is not and has never been important. I want to see updates to it, but I prefer many more things than this. I prefer a legacy system revamp along with crew skills first.

Just my thoughts. :)

the CE was just a boost in profits for BW to start them moving on release

CEs in MMOs are something many players like and enjoy. Some are collectors, some are just big fans of extra items beyond the standard boxed release.

If Bioware had not released a tricked out boxed CE version of the game.. there would have been many many complaints and demands.

But I have to say.. this is the first CE release for an MMO where I have seen such deep expressions of entitlement, regret, and in some cases outright anger over one facet of the digital perks that came with it. Digital perks have a shelf life.. and it's no where near 2 years shelf life either.

So.. yeah.. I agree with you on the R.I.P.... but for somewhat different reasons. :)

CEs in MMOs are something many players like and enjoy. Some are collectors, some are just big fans of extra items beyond the standard boxed release.

If Bioware had not released a tricked out boxed CE version of the game.. there would have been many many complaints and demands.

But I have to say.. this is the first CE release for an MMO where I have seen such deep expressions of entitlement, regret, and in some cases outright anger over one facet of the digital perks that came with it. Digital perks have a shelf life.. and it's no where near 2 years shelf life either.

So.. yeah.. I agree with you on the R.I.P.... but for somewhat different reasons. :)

Nonsenses, nonsenses, nonsenses!,

I brought a Collector's edition and I've love every bit of it, and regretting nothing...

Will you ever go away?

He/She will when he/she and the other 4 finally make good on their mass exodus threats from Pot5 at some point within the next decade.

Nonsenses, nonsenses, nonsenses!,

I brought a Collector's edition and I've love every bit of it, and regretting nothing...

Same here. I guess we are of that small group that actually used common sense and made a smart purchase decision instead of being blinded by marketing hype in a single-minded focus to be l33t3r than l33t.

Edited by TravelersWay

Same here. :)

And I have never complained about it.. only about the complainers and how they appear to suffer from expectation management challenges. :cool:

Edited by Andryah

And I have never complained about it.. only about the complainers and how they appear to suffer from expectation management challenges. :cool:

Well I guess it depends what you mean by that. Do you mean the people who expect to get completely original unique items on the CE vendor every week? Or do you mean the people who expect there to be reasonably regular updates of reskins to the CE vendor?

Because I think the latter's expectations are completely justified... given that is what BW told everyone when they bought it. It's not really a crazy expectation for a company to do what they say they will.

But I'm not sure which way you meant it, lol.

If the CE vendor had a bunch of items at launch and they never said there would be more, that would have been fine.

If the CE vendor had a new item every month for the first year of the game (that they'd made before launch and just flipped the switch on afterword), that would have been fine.

BUT, we've been repetitively told prior to launch that the CE vendor would have more, then told post launch it would have more. It's never been delivered. Today, I don't expect them to ever add more to it, but for this thread to still exist with them remaining silent is a testament to just how little they care. They should just come out and say "No, sorry." and then lock the thread and all future threads.

I didn't buy the CE for the vendor, I bought it for the soundtrack, the journal, and the speeder/crystal. I got what I wanted from the CE.

Edited by SirUrza

In my recent posts I wanted to show that it is their CHOICE to do nothing with CE vendor, not some "too much coding" or "too exclusive" stuff because so many ideas were posted here with little to no effort on their side to implement.

Andryah I know you tend to complain about complainers but even you have to admit there's very little complaining in this thread in comparison to other this long and it's mostly reasonable expectations (even if you say there shouldn't be any in this case). There's no "add this or I'll quit" or crazy talk, just bumping with ideas and such.

Also - sad yay for 200 pages.

Is that like expecting everyone to share your point of view on the game and if they don't you criticize them for being wrong?

I'm waiting for you and others to let go first. :) I'm not the one bumping the thread.

I'm pretty sure you have the most posts in this thread, I want to thank you for all the bumps :D

Yay for 200, now where's Eric to come tell us the devs are cooking something.

I don't think I have ever seen a thread with 2000 pages

wow just wow

We're only at 200. I think it will be quite a long time before we reach 2000. But I also think we will get to 2000 before BW does any meaningful updates to the CE venfor offerings, much less the "regular" updates they promised.