Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how everyone here is just ************, I love SWTOR and i enjoy it more and more as I keep playing been subbing since launch and tht is not going away any time soon. People need to stop ************ like a little pre-teen girl

You mean like people ******** about people ******* about terrible PvP balance?

I love how everyone here is just ************, I love SWTOR and i enjoy it more and more as I keep playing been subbing since launch and tht is not going away any time soon. People need to stop ************ like a little pre-teen girl

If you have read the PvP forums or other postings by the community that have BEGGED for changes for months and months about this, and still thing that we are "biching" about stuff, you are completely blind. Hundreds of thousands of dollars paid to Bioware for this game and the community is telling them of significant problems that they are aware of and patch after patch of no changes. I stick with this game becuase of the guys I play with and the fact that I am a diehard Star Wars fan. Not because this game is fun and fulfilling.

Thank you Bioware for not forcing PVP on PVEers.

I know right. :mad:

I stick with this game becuase of the guys I play with and the fact that I am a diehard Star Wars fan. Not because this game is fun and fulfilling.

Amen. Preach it brother.

Edited by Bugattiboy

I have no problems with the PvP side of it, you're not forced to go into the PvP zone and I actually like the free for all approach, it stops the zerg fests that were Illum and means you can have some fun skirmishes.

What really annoys me is that for those of us that actually do like to PvP its pointless. 1 quest that gives 100 comms, no valor for kills whats the point? People are only going to do stuff thats rewarding and this PvP just isnt.

so really who was this patch and update for?

Not for PvE'ers who dont like feeling that they're forced into PvP

Not for PvP'ers who get no reward for their preferred style of play (or a style of play they certainly enjoy)

Basically we got a reputation system grind implemented - and the rewards for that mostly appear to be re-hashes of stuff from elsewhere.

My 2 cents:

- I've seen unflagged people stand in the middle Pylon area, beautful exploit

- Guilds will be split into 2-3 PvP groups and can and will harras/control the area (pylon, gree destroyer)

- Pylon (and some mobs) reset timer is way too long, specially since you have to turn orb by orb, all 4 of them

- FFA PvP belongs to a new type of Warzone, not on a PvE servers, even if you can skip those PvP quests

- Assassins everywhere bored/paranoid/dumb will kill you so many times for no apparent reason

Edited by dvametragluposti

Olol, PVE quests in a PVP zone.

I was actually hoping it was going to be faction vs faction with PVP based objectives. Instead it's bring a 4 man group ffa and get attacked by premades while trying to do the quests. If people had to go in there solo without companiions, that'd be a little better. Also, my server has imp vs imp violence going on in the centre but I'm not so sure about rep vs rep. Reps might be leaving each other alone and focusing imps. Thus, another fault. :(

Also have guilds camping centre on my servery, yay.

I would assume this is more of a way to have the skirmishes without favoring a side that has more numbers.

Yea, that's what I was thinking.

As for class balances; Oh I'm quite dissapointed they haven't nerfed bubble stun yet. I am so bloody sick of that crap. Just sick of spending half a WZ stunned and in most cases, if it wasn't for rage smashes, I'd feel useless to my team. Speaking of which, nerfing the damage on rage smashes won't stop four warriors from devestating a team. I personally say it's better to switch rage's focus from smash to force scream. And I do believe assualt/pyro is still a problem. Easy rotation that easily rapes.

Also, dissapointed with rehashed gear that was given a different texture. Does not feel worth the effort to get any of the gear. So, all in all, dissapointed with this latest patch.

it's new content, it's fast paced and it requires pubs to group up more than we normally seem to do (got jumped by 5 imps - 5 on 1 - grouped with some pubs who were just as sick of it and started tearing the imp premades apart, awesome run).

does the pvp stuns/smash/resolve system need to be re-balanced? Yes it does.

it this a reputation grind? Yes it is.

is 1.7 a fail because of the above? No it is not.

the environment/visuals are great, as said, the combat is fast paced and fun and am looking forward to getting new gear for my main and comps.

yes people have a right to gripe 'bout things they think need to change but it seems more and more that if "some people" do not get their way 'RIGHT NOW!!!" then the whole game and all new content is a disaster.

this is not real life people. this is just a game. if it's fun and engaging then play, if not then don't play. it really is that simple. flaming over and over doesn't change that one bit.

Dev's? I say 8.5 out of 10 on this one, nice job guys and am having a great time smashing those imp scum!

The Bad

-Sage Sorcerer Bubble Stunners are not nerfed yet

-Smash Monkeys/Mid Sweepers are not nerfed yet

-Nerf those two classes

-Nerf them before people leave

The Good

+Event looks great

+Cool effects, nice gear

+Stuff to keep people interested

The Ugly

-No communication with community

Have some fun at the event! Worth a go for sure. :jawa_biggrin:

Well that's diappointing :(

OK, if you enjoy PvP, and many do, this may be a fun event for you - but returning after a few weeks of a break because I was getting a little burned out on the same old dailies I was looking forward to a nice event of the same type as the last two. Oh well, guess it's back on a break to wait for Makeb.

If you have read the PvP forums or other postings by the community that have BEGGED for changes for months and months about this, and still thing that we are "biching" about stuff, you are completely blind. Hundreds of thousands of dollars paid to Bioware for this game and the community is telling them of significant problems that they are aware of and patch after patch of no changes. I stick with this game becuase of the guys I play with and the fact that I am a diehard Star Wars fan. Not because this game is fun and fulfilling.

/signed

I just completed the southern portion of quests in the pvp zone and have to say this is a fun event! Also I don't know why people are complaining about the pvp aspect, most people I ran into with my group didn't attack us and actually helped us kill the champion. One guy that did attack us solo while trying to turn in the orbs hit the dirt quickly.

Just go in with the mindset of not picking on other players trying to get the quests done but if they try to attack you be ready to kick *****

This is ridiculous another patch where bubble stun and smash get ignored. No communication at all from the devs regarding when they plan to fix those issues.

This game is a betrayal to the KOTOR name and all devs should be ashamed of working in a game that disrespects the entire pvp community.

All we want is a quick fix, no major changes no new skills just make pvp tolerable to play again and yet you remain silent as to when those changes will be made OR if they will be made at all.

This patch is a complete lack of respect towards paying costumers

makeb will change that

One guy that did attack us solo while trying to turn in the orbs hit the dirt quickly.

On Red Eclipse I accidentally attacked a group of republics with my sage. I ended sadly :)

However on this server there was a group of jerks who attacked their own faction members and they couldn't understand the problem.

Sorry Bioware but if you want a FFA event you have to do it some other way. This is now just a big BS. 6 of our guildmembers went to try this event - we had forced to split into 2 groups because of this "no ops"-nonsense. Of course my AOE attack damaged my fellow mates of the other group. Nonsense.

However when a group of republic jerks ganked us for the third time I logged of. Imperial ganking was bad enough one year ago and I'm sick of this same faction ganking.

Sad thing PvP stuff is needed to the Gree event - as I see PvE-only will be not enough to collect the minimal reputation. And this is fail.

Just lemme play my game!

I'd be more than happy if damn patch would download already! Waiting more than hour and all i get is error msgs.

Forget patches, better fix basic problems like this one. Or the one when you get kicked off server in the middle of battle. Or when you wanna buy ONE cartel market pack and finish with msg you bought 3 - of course minus coins but you got only 1.

Not to mention the thought how many of subscription time those useless maintenances takes.

Don't fix it if ain't broken and concentrate on real problems.

Please :(

P.S.

Still waiting patch to download btw and can't start game btw

My question is:

Will doing the PvE portion of the event get you flagged for PvP if you play on a PvE server?

You'll only be flagged for PvP if you attack/heal/rez someone who is flagged for PvP.

So far I have enjoyed the event, both in a group and solo. Granted I am sticking to the PvE quests. Also moving through the Gree Reputation pretty quickly, admittidly I do have 8 50's :p.

What kind of joke is this BW, where the hell is the smash and bubble nerf. You should be spending time on those not this gree stuff.

this. Im really ****ed up with this. commandos are the weakest class in PVP over month, and now getting rofl-railshottet and smashed vor the next 3 Month.

what kind of drugs are you smoking in Austin? Can´t you see what every PVP-Player can see (don´t hear to all the fotm rerollers)? When do you plan to bring us:

at least 4 more PVP-Warzones

a big Balance fix, to bring all classes a Chance to get in a Rated Warzone Team

and please please please, start playing your own game!

Is it me or has any one else had a problem searching for things on the GTN? I was able to search for might hilt but not might hilt 4 for example. When I used the first term it had the search bright and highlighted but when using the second it dark or grey out. I tried with a couple of different items and found it all to be the same.

This really make it hard to find the right level of item that you are looking to buy and I hope that this is not some new feature that we will have to live with....