Why don't you stop damned cheating and hacking

Desplain

It's the same old story in every damned PVP battleground.

I've played Novare Coast a few minutes ago and the Republic was winning, suddenly we had four or five short lags!

After these lags it lasted 1 minute and we had lost both of our artillery guns.

So the imperial players kept three guns till the end and we had no chance to get one back.

It needed five of us to kill an imperial player, because all of them had become super heroes after these lags.

H E L L O Bioware!!!

Stop cheating now!!!

It looks like cheaters and hackers get away without any punishment.

Do you think when I'm pulling someone over for driving to fast he would get away with it?

Edited by Desplain

Ten minutes ago I played Novare Coast and we (Republic) were winning and then bang four or five short lags!

After the lags it lasted 1 minute and we lost all of our artillery.

Personally, I have never seen, nor heard, of this type of thing happening...and all I do is PvP, on two different servers no less.

You have video documented proof of this? Because that is what BW will need to take any sort of action whatsoever.

It's the same story every damned PVP GB.

Ten minutes ago I played Novare Coast and we (Republic) were winning and then bang four or five short lags!

After the lags it lasted 1 minute and we lost all of our artillery.

Killing an emperial player needed five of us.

H A L L O Bioware!!!

Stop cheating now!!!

Do you think when I'm pulling someone over for driving to fast he would get away with it?

please stop playing video games and go back to school.

Your communication skills are lacking.

I have no idea what the original poster was saying but the hacking/cheating does get old. I will go a week without seeing any then over the next 2 days I cant get a WZ without a sploiter. Its frustrating for sure.

I know many will come here and say it does not happen and there are no cheaters in SWTOR but it does happen, it happens in every game. People say learn the game, but unfourtunatly knowing the game makes the cheating all the more easier to spot.

Now when I see a cheater in the match I just dump out of the WZ wait a moment and que up again. I am not going to give a cheater the time of day.

please stop playing video games and go back to school.

Your communication skills are lacking.

Sorry if my spelling is not as good as it should be, but I'm pretty upset and I've been living for a long time in Germany.

You don't need to insult me, but maybe that's your only reaction if you notice a cop.

Sorry if my spelling is not as good as it should be, but I'm pretty upset and I've been living for a long time in Germany.

You don't need to insult me, but maybe that's your only reaction if you notice a cop.

Its not your spelling.

Its the issue of your post not making any sense.

Im not trying to play grammar police, If you are too mad to make sense, take a deep breath and come back once you have formulated a coherent statement.

I honestly cannot say exactly what cheating/hacking you are complaining about.

Personally, I have never seen, nor heard, of this type of thing happening...and all I do is PvP, on two different servers no less.

You have video documented proof of this? Because that is what BW will need to take any sort of action whatsoever.

Okay here is what i think happened. Pub was holding 2 turrets. Some of the imps quit. Some people who knew how to play joined the WZ, maybe even a healer, and they proceeded to own.. But since they were winning at the beginning, they should have owned the whole match no questions asked! Just my 2 cents.

Its not your spelling.

Its the issue of your post not making any sense.

Im not trying to play grammar police, If you are too mad to make sense, take a deep breath and come back once you have formulated a coherent statement.

I honestly cannot say exactly what cheating/hacking you are complaining about.

Sorry for being upset.:)

I've tried to correct my post.

So it drove me crazy to see imperial guys suddenly getting no damage ( I think someone called it an expertise hack)

and taking our atillery guns without any problems.

Before the lags we killed these imperial guys without any problem.

There has been a post in this forum where a guy explained that if someone is using a cheat you'll notice a lag.

I'm not quite sure what happened to the OP, but that "superhero" part sounds quite familiar to me.

A long (really loooong) time ago I fought some players who where unbeatable too yes.

Now, first I thought like all of you that these guys were just some great players with a very good healer :eek:.

But then I noticed how some random guy wouldn't die when 5 -well geared- players of my team, were unable to scratch this dude while they were simultaneously attacking this player and there wasn't a single healer in LoS.

Was it a bug, lag or was it a cheat/hack :confused: ? Idk, but I don't care tbh, 'cause I never experienced something like this again.

While there is an expertise trick, it involves using a companion and once you travel to another location it resets. As far as I know. I have only accidently encountered this when at a mod station on fleet making a piece for my companion. Once I travel it is gone so no idea how to replicate otherwise.

The lag you are describing could be a lag switch (lag hack) that players turn on to put other players around them in a state of non-actoin. Think of it as a way of controling the pace of the game. IE, they start an action, then hit the switch. Eventhough all of you are lagged out, there action will execute while you're left lagging not knowing what is going on. Like playing green light red light and your in control of the signals.

However all that said, it is most likely that it was a better geared team that came in after several peeps quit.

The lag? Well if it is a lag switch, it is difficult to detect without actively monitoring a specific player.

Most of the suspect game play for all online games occurs on weekend nights because that is a low staff / less trained staff time slot.

For me personally when I suspect such activity, just leave and re-queue. Not worth blowing a gasket over.

Edited by Quinlynn

Yeah, I've had that happen too, when a player *seems* to be pretty much unkillable. And just today, while doing huttball, a player fell straight through the ground (ignoring geometry of the game) . A lot of the hackers have become more clever, so you won't notice what they'e doing unless you really pay attention. But it seems there are tons of different hacks out for this game.

Yeah, I've had that happen too, when a player *seems* to be pretty much unkillable. And just today, while doing huttball, a player fell straight through the ground (ignoring geometry of the game) . A lot of the hackers have become more clever, so you won't notice what they'e doing unless you really pay attention. But it seems there are tons of different hacks out for this game.

I have seen this hack alot of times players with no stealth just fall through the ground and you cant target them, same hack was in warhammer online.

You a troll for the hackers and cheaters? Or do you just play blind?.. Bioware stated that they are on the hunt for cheaters.. Plus i have seen it for myself.. Players become unstoppable

So Overtone...Nice try

I try not to belive in hacks but seriously the only thing that makes me wonder is when an enemy crosses the last firetrap and suddenly goes 100meters+ underground(my PT is aiming at the floor can`t cast sht because of the insane range) and then target reappers 4-5 seconds after on the score line?......................LAG MY *** everybody else is moving normal but the ballcarrier REALLY? happend several times, once i wasn`t even alone but with a guy in voice chat! target had 15% hp left both me and him (sniper) was burning him down when all of a sudden poof gone->5secs later poof on scoreline we both got lag at the same time? we are from different countries

EDIT:

I have seen this hack alot of times players with no stealth just fall through the ground and you cant target them, same hack was in warhammer online.
THIS^ is what i`m talking about Edited by iDraxter

There was one assassin on the other team a few days ago,who during that warzone nearly every time he came near me i would lag ,almost freeze.These would always last until he'd killed me.No other enemy player had this effect on me,and 2 others on my team reported him due to the same thing.

So i haven't played that long,and already come across more than one cheater,doesn't say much for bw/ea anti cheat measures(of which there are none)

While there is an expertise trick, it involves using a companion and once you travel to another location it resets. As far as I know. I have only accidently encountered this when at a mod station on fleet making a piece for my companion. Once I travel it is gone so no idea how to replicate otherwise.

The lag you are describing could be a lag switch (lag hack) that players turn on to put other players around them in a state of non-actoin. Think of it as a way of controling the pace of the game. IE, they start an action, then hit the switch. Eventhough all of you are lagged out, there action will execute while you're left lagging not knowing what is going on. Like playing green light red light and your in control of the signals.

However all that said, it is most likely that it was a better geared team that came in after several peeps quit.

The lag? Well if it is a lag switch, it is difficult to detect without actively monitoring a specific player.

Most of the suspect game play for all online games occurs on weekend nights because that is a low staff / less trained staff time slot.

For me personally when I suspect such activity, just leave and re-queue. Not worth blowing a gasket over.

Unfortunately this was discussed a long time ago...applications like PunkBuster are null, and void due to the fact that the "Hero Engine" creates a base, but substantial amount of lag to begin with. PunkBuster in other games (IE Counterstrike, etc) monitors the client/server relationship. a certain amount of lag is assumed due to the range of connection speeds 'round the world from ISP's but if that latency exceeds a certain level, the client will be kicked from the game/server/match. That's one of the great things about PunkBuster-no lag switches. Also, since PVP is not hosted client side in SWTOR....nor is it in most any game these days, the use of a lag switch would only effect the connection of the person using it. They will "ghost" and it will be hard to track them, and even kill them most likely, but a lagswitch can not effect any other player's connection on either team due to the fact that the match, or instance is hosted on a server that everyone is independently connected to. Lag switches were a plague back in the original counter strike days, and even older FPS' like Jedi Knight, Quake etc...but not since the advance to hosting games on servers and not on the client's connection. If they are ever able to make the Hero Engine cooperate with DX 11, something like PunkBuster could certainly be implemented to monitor for things like lag switches or a modified client, but not now, and most likely not for a long time considering how "heavy" the engine actually is.

Moral of the story? If you are facing me and I use a lag switch, or "Net Limiter" as it is actually called, your connection to the server will not change, only mine, making it difficult to target, and actually keep dps on me since I will ghost all over.

There was one premade on my server that whenever they were in huttball about the first 30secs to 1min would be a huge lagfest and lo and behold they'd often get a score. Luckily they sucked though and if there was any premade on the other side then the cheaters would often end up losing but it was still obvious and crappy on their part.

Also, all I do is pvp and I witnessed this (both on their team and on the other team) over 20 times. I haven't seen them in a long time though.

I find it frighting if you are actually a cop.

You don't have the smartz to be passing any kind of judgement. By no means should you have the ability to assign a ticket to anyone.

I hope that on some level you actually do understand that lag in this game does not mean the players you are against are cheating. I'm hoping you are just a Troll on an internet forum.

I remember about 8 months ago or so..just before server merges. I had a guildy who was a really good pvper and knew his mechanics very well. He informed our guild one night on voice chat that he had switched over to our faction and joined us because a very tough guild from the opposite faction had tried to recruit him. He mentioned that the guild informed him that it was necessary to download programs from tault unleashed.com to be in their guild. He told us that he paid the $$ for these programs/hacks and learned how they worked. He said there were hacks that would allow him to mitigate his Dmg received in small increments and increase his dmg output in small increments, it could be done for healing and that there were several other different kinds of hack programs as well, but it all cost $$ to acquire and these hacks could be tuned very well. He said he abandoned that faction and character because of players getting banned for hacking and he didnt enjoy the game as a cheater, apparently dude either had a conscience or a very active imagination.

Now back then i was much more suspicious of hacking than i am now although sometimes i'll see something peculiar but i mostly attribute it to LAG. That's Biowares fault for providing an unstable gaming environment IMO.

They are taking advantage of the people who are paying for their service with little to no regard of the quality of gameplay their customers are receiving.

Hacks............sometimes/maybe

Bioware using crappy VMware for their servers and a junk client.....yeah.

Just my opinion though.

I have the distinct "pleasure" of getting ready to lay on a killing blow and getting a very convenient lag spike that lets the enemy get away. Considering since I've upgraded to a better computer I get little to no lag at all anymore it's quite obvious to me.

oh yeah. i've seen that disappearing into the ground move a couple of times myself. Thought I was just bugging out.

it is a bug afaik. It happens to our jugg tank frequently when he leaps to the endzone in HB. But it's just a animation problem, he turns up in the spot he's supposed to at the time he's supposed to, only instead of the leap animation, it looks like he falls to the pit and then glitches up the wall

You a troll for the hackers and cheaters? Or do you just play blind?.. Bioware stated that they are on the hunt for cheaters.. Plus i have seen it for myself.. Players become unstoppable

So Overtone...Nice try

Hardly. I have seen several hacks in game, and when I saw something heinous I reported it with documented evidence...Fraps, SS.

Fact of the matter is that most "PvPers" in this game are very bad and don't know a skill from a hack. The majority of the time it's really a L2P issue. Without any evidence people can cry hack until they are blue in the face but it won't amount to squat. Anecdotes don't prove much to BW.

I have never seen a hack or exploit like the one the OP described, and as a result, I am not quick to accept it is a hack/exploit without proof of that fact. I think it's far more likely that there is a L2P issue involved here or that something client-side (lag, bad comp) caused some funk. Without documented evidence though we can only speculate.