Legit way to grimtooth yet?

theSCARAYone

No, but I noticed a power generator in Sanctuary, not far from the Rancor and right behind one of the research terminals for the Republic daily there.

It is not interactive, but it does display a name (something like Energy Field Generator) in the tooltip that you usually see for interactive objects. I checked, this mysterious unclickable object is not part of the Republic story quest, either of the daily quests there or any of the Republic or Imperial weekly quests.

My best guess is that this bugged object or objects (there might be more of them, I don't know) is supposed to control the force field around Grim Tooth. Either that or the TFB button syndrome again.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

• 3 months later...

Yeah... I'm going to raise this from the dead to see if there is any progress.

Two questions that I have now. If you can be force pushed, has anybody tried to force pull someone into GrimTooth?

Secondly, he does seem to drop some sort of orb looking thing... anybody know what that is and if can be used anywhere?

Last I noticed there is actually a gap in the force field about half way up. I'm wondering if there is a way to get in to GrimTooth that involves jumping in the gap from above.

• 1 year later...
been trying to get "Monsters of Makeb" achievement. this is the last kill I need. I tried someone pushing me into the cage, but apparently there is a dome invisible forcefield that prevents me from falling inside, like I saw on a couple videos on youtube. the invisible dome covers the entire cage so I couldn't find any way inside. Any ideas? Solution?

been trying to get "Monsters of Makeb" achievement. this is the last kill I need. I tried someone pushing me into the cage, but apparently there is a dome invisible forcefield that prevents me from falling inside, like I saw on a couple videos on youtube. the invisible dome covers the entire cage so I couldn't find any way inside. Any ideas? Solution?

that went fast. friend told me all I had to do was jump a bit sideways to get stuck onto the shield. Then relog, and you will spawn inside the dome, easy kill.

that went fast. friend told me all I had to do was jump a bit sideways to get stuck onto the shield. Then relog, and you will spawn inside the dome, easy kill.

Ben trying for 10 minutes jumping any which way, sideways, backwards, speeder, rocket boost. But you cannot get close enough to the shield to even get stuck. There's a barrier in front so you never reach the shield when you jump. So nothing to get stuck on.

There is a pretty simple way that doesn't require a logout or another player to toss you, just some spare time.

There is one reachable ledge near the enclosure with a small stand of trees on it that you can walk right through. Dismiss your current companion. Climb up there and, using rocket boots, leap off the edge angled towards where the lowest forcefield contacts the enclosure structural support. Do it right and you "stick" to the top of the forcefield. Sometimes it "unstucks" you back to the ledge, so just do it again. Once you do stick for more than a second, open your companion tab and summon one who is geared for combat and won't leap to target as you want to draw Grim Tooth to the side of the enclosure. A ranged companion is best and the better geared the comp/higher level you are, the faster this will go. The companion will appear inside the enclosure with Grim Tooth. The only other things you need to do are press whatever key you have bound to target nearest enemy, then tell your companion to attack.

Don't move, don't do anything else. You won't be able to target GT yourself and you may slide down the forcefield at some point during the fight. Just stand as close to the forcefield as possible and go watch youtube for about ten minutes. Your companion will grind GT down and kill him eventually, even after he enrages, as his AI is bugged and he will not attack opponents.

I've killed him half a dozen times this way and he only drops trash loot, with an occasional bound orange shell, which is also trash. If he drops something special, I've never seen it.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this using companions without having to jump or get stuck; need an AOE.

Notice where around you your best DPS companion appears when summoned. With companion dismissed, position yourself between the blue barrier and one of the pylons (as close to the barrier as you can get) in such a way so that when your companion is summoned, he/she will appear inside the barrier.

Did this in a group with one other person and he got his companion inside the same way.

As a smuggler, I hit Heroic Moment and used Legacy Lightning Storm (Legacy Orbital Strike might work too) to aggro Grim Tooth. Once aggro'ed, group member targeted Grim Tooth from my Target-of-Target. We both sent companions to attack and just sat back and waited.

• 6 months later...
There is a pretty simple way that doesn't require a logout or another player to toss you, just some spare time.

There is one reachable ledge near the enclosure with a small stand of trees on it that you can walk right through. Dismiss your current companion. Climb up there and, using rocket boots, leap off the edge angled towards where the lowest forcefield contacts the enclosure structural support. Do it right and you "stick" to the top of the forcefield. Sometimes it "unstucks" you back to the ledge, so just do it again. Once you do stick for more than a second, open your companion tab and summon one who is geared for combat and won't leap to target as you want to draw Grim Tooth to the side of the enclosure. A ranged companion is best and the better geared the comp/higher level you are, the faster this will go. The companion will appear inside the enclosure with Grim Tooth. The only other things you need to do are press whatever key you have bound to target nearest enemy, then tell your companion to attack.

Don't move, don't do anything else. You won't be able to target GT yourself and you may slide down the forcefield at some point during the fight. Just stand as close to the forcefield as possible and go watch youtube for about ten minutes. Your companion will grind GT down and kill him eventually, even after he enrages, as his AI is bugged and he will not attack opponents.

I've killed him half a dozen times this way and he only drops trash loot, with an occasional bound orange shell, which is also trash. If he drops something special, I've never seen it.

Good luck.

Re-Necro

This worked for me today. I just used force speed and jumped off rock ledge into the shield. When I got stuck I summoned xalek and had him to go work like a good apprentice should... Also advise having Netflix up as this fight takes awhile...