Are we seriously supposed to preorder with this little info?

Icebergy

Normally I am very supportive of Bioware, but trying to rush us into preordering this expansion with basically zero info out on it seems like we're being taken advantage of.

We have three days left to meet the deadline and the only things we know about what we are purchasing is that it has 5 more levels and a new planet. I believe there will be more to it than that, hopefully new Ops, FPs, and WZs, but for all we know there won't be.

How can you expect us to fork out money on such an unknown quantity?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-ordering only gets you 5 days early access. If you are unhappy with the amount of information released then don't pre-order the x-pac. Personally I have no problem missing out on the 5 days early access. As those days will be the ones that they use to fix all the new bugs and the lag problems they introduce with the new content.

I agree with OP. Even though its only ten bucks since Im a subscriber, its hard to blindly purchase something. I can ignore the bonus of early access, but I know some people cant since they want to have access at the same time as their friends who did preorder.

Im going to wait for more info.

If you're confident in BW then you pay the $10 and then they reward your loyalty and trust with early access.

Simple stuff, but if you want to find more info look around at t TORhead. I heard there have been a few leaks as to the new raid, flashpoint(?), PvP, etc.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

call the waaambulance!

if you actually read the blogs and dev dispatches you would know that they did give out as much info on the xpac as they could while not spoiling anything. would you like them to do this like hollywood, show you the cool exciting bits and then make you pay to sit through crap interrupted by the cool **** you saw int he preview?

You have plenty of info! For crying out loud! Its $10 for a new big planet, 5 levels, and tons of the usual goodies. Quit trying to act like you don't know anything and they are trying to cheat you! You don't know much more about any other expansion in any other game. Come on people...

You have plenty of info! For crying out loud! Its $10 for a new big planet, 5 levels, and tons of the usual goodies. Quit trying to act like you don't know anything and they are trying to cheat you! You don't know much more about any other expansion in any other game. Come on people...

^this guy^

he gets it.

What are the goodies? That is the problem...

Exactly. We already know everything we will get. And its not worth it imo.

I'll do you haters a favor.... QUIT!!! If you are complaining about 10$, you shouldn't be playing video games in the first place. I used to walk up and down my street as a kid sweeping people's side walks for a donation of whatever they wanted to pay. In 2 or three hours I'd usually have over $100. Don't try and get all high and mighty and say, 'It's the principle of it". Again, it all boils down to the $10, if you expect a business not to make money, then you're lost.

I'd gladly pay 20$ for what is coming, maybe up to $25. But honestly I'm glad they're not trying to do like SOE and charge $50 for an expansion smaller than this one coming up.

Edited by ElevenBfour

Honestly, I truly believe that what you see is what you get here. Which is why it's only 9.99 compared to real expansions that normally go for 39.99. I'm sure we'll get more WZs, Ops, etc, but they won't be directly part of the RotHC patch.

For 9.99, you get 5 levels of a new story based planet with planet/side quests only. That's it.

Edited by Galbatorrix

I'll do you haters a favor.... QUIT!!! If you are complaining about 10$, you shouldn't be playing video games in the first place. I used to walk up and down my street as a kid sweeping people's side walks for a donation of whatever they wanted to pay. In 2 or three hours I'd usually have over $100. Don't try and get all high and mighty and say, 'It's the principle of it". Again, it all boils down to the $10, if you expect a business not to make money, then you're lost.

I'd gladly pay 20$ for what is coming, maybe up to $25. But honestly I'm glad they're not trying to do like SOE and charge $50 for an expansion smaller than this one coming up.

I would rather burn this money then pay for content that should be free to subscribers. Instead im gonna spend it on some books. At least it will go to someone who deserves it.

I just spent $18.75 for two sandwiches at a local restaurant. Money wasn't an issue as I knew what I was paying for before I paid for it.

This.

It's not about the $10, it never was. BW expects you to folk over $10 as a token of good faith. Too bad many have little faith in BW to deliver anything but more useless retexturing of gear and calling it "new!".

While I agree that the DLC seems worth the $10, I highly disagree with your tone. Telling people to "quit" for no other reason than them asking for more information is just stupid.

I bought it b/c I was going to buy it anyway. But I totally agree with people who say more information needs to be provided. It's just bad business to put a pre-order deadline with so little information available about it.

Then don't pre-order...who cares?

I can promise you one thing though - if after Jan 7, the $10 price goes up....because you DIDN'T pre-order.....you'll be whining about it for months to come! :)

The price doesn't go up, just the loss of early access. It's $9.99 for subscribers.