Disparity Amongst Skills when it comes to Augment Kits

WardLorrail

A little context about me so you can see where I am coming from, I have two max level crafters

1) Synthweaver

2) Armormech

I love them both. However I have recently noticed it is far faster, and cheaper to churn out augment kits with my armormech.

Synthweaver (making bracers/belts) requires 22 crystals, 22 artifact fragments, 22 cortosis substrates (I'm ignoring the fact that R/E returns some mats).

Archaeology typically has the following missions at max level: 1 mission that returns a lot of crystals, 1 moderate, 1 for a lot of artifacts, 1 for a lot of color crystals, 1 for a moderate amount of cortosis.

Armormech (again bracers and belts) requires 22 metal, 22 compounds, 22 fluxes (again ignoring r/e)

Scavenging however typically has 2 missions for lots of metal, 1 mission for lots of compounds, 1 mission for moderate compounds, and 1-2 missions for lots of flux (that are a level lower than max level!)

It is far faster to collect the materials for the armormech than for the synthweaver not even considering the fact I collect metals from fallen droids.

It seems to me that these two skills are not balanced (at least in relation to the ability to churn out augment kits) I would love to hear an official response as to whether this is working as intended. I don't have any end game experience with the other crafting professions, if you do, please chime in on how your skill compares with the two above when it comes to augment kits.

Edited by WardLorrail

Yes, Armomech has a real advantage against Synthweaving because of Scavenging. First, if we're only talking about nodes, scavenging has an advantage because there are only 2 kind of grade 6 mats, durasteel and zal alloys. With Archeology could be upari, artifacts or several colors.

Second, you can't kill rocks or something and farm crystals. On the other hand, if you need bunch of grade 6 scavenging mats, you just farm D7 normal and you get craploads. Much more efficient than hunting uncertain and contended nodes in the open world.

As for the actual crew missions, I wouldn't know. I don't run them for "mass production". Only if I'm a couple of units short or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
A little context about me so you can see where I am coming from, I have two max level crafters

1) Synthweaver

2) Armormech

I love them both. However I have recently noticed it is far faster, and cheaper to churn out augment kits with my armormech.

Synthweaver (making bracers/belts) requires 22 crystals, 22 artifact fragments, 22 cortosis substrates (I'm ignoring the fact that R/E returns some mats).

Archaeology typically has the following missions at max level: 1 mission that returns a lot of crystals, 1 moderate, 1 for a lot of artifacts, 1 for a lot of color crystals, 1 for a moderate amount of cortosis.

Armormech (again bracers and belts) requires 22 metal, 22 compounds, 22 fluxes (again ignoring r/e)

Scavenging however typically has 2 missions for lots of metal, 1 mission for lots of compounds, 1 mission for moderate compounds, and 1-2 missions for lots of flux (that are a level lower than max level!)

It is far faster to collect the materials for the armormech than for the synthweaver not even considering the fact I collect metals from fallen droids.

It seems to me that these two skills are not balanced (at least in relation to the ability to churn out augment kits) I would love to hear an official response as to whether this is working as intended. I don't have any end game experience with the other crafting professions, if you do, please chime in on how your skill compares with the two above when it comes to augment kits.

Neither here or there, but I think that you are talking about kit components rather than the kits themselves.

Looking at your list for either crafting skil and considering the cost of the mats and the pricing of the kits (which take ten components and other mats), how much profit is there in the kits as compared to just selling the raw mats themselves? It would seem that you would save a lot of crafting time as well if you just sell the mats since you do not have to RE and then craft the components into kits.

The price of kits has gone up quite a bit lately so there may be credits to be made in the kit arena.