Crafting kills the fun in the game.

RocketeerRaccoon

I really don't know if I can play this game anymore, the main thing that's killing my fun in the game is crafting professions, these take forever to do and they are all a big money sink yet they are mandatory for high level content such as Biochem, and so for that I choose to give up on the game because it's not fun. Edited by RocketeerRaccoon

lol what?

No crafting skill is mandatory for end game content. My first character only had gathering skils and he did fine without them. Sure things like Biochem or cybertech are handy but there not neccessary to be good for endgame content.

QFT

Added more letters because QFT is too short of a post.

Edit:

If you're sick of crafting, pick up two gathering profs, and a mission skill. This will enable to continuously pull in items to sell, and then with the extra credits, you can buy the items you need from the people who don't hate crafting. Of course, you'll pay their bloated prices.

Edited by gorstram

I like the crafting in this game, when I don't feel like dailies I just switch between various alts, monitoring crafts, sending out companions, REing items, and crafting things to sell on the GTN, I can spend hours just doing that to kill time all while watching tv or something, I love it.

If trolling, :p

If serious, it it's not fun, don't do it. "Problem" solved.

Indeed.

OP.. just because there is an ice pick in the tool box, does not mean you need ever pick it up, much less jam it in your eyeball. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Crafting is totally optional. If you don't like it, don't do it. Instead, have 3 gathering skills, sell mats, make money to buy or else trade a crafter for the stuff you want. Which is what everyone I know does, even the ones that have crafting skills.

There are plenty of crafters in the game. The crafting system is not the best I have seen, and understand if you find it less than enjoyable. I would recommend you stop crafting and instead engage in fun game activities...other players that do find entertainment in the profession will provide what you need.

As to Bio, the blue meds work fine...do not get stuck on reusable meds. The benefits are not as drastic as one might think.

I made a post asking devs why 4sec cast to RE? Why green pieces does not stack? Imagine if you could RE 50 implants at the same time... The quality of life would be improved a lot. Why not an option to not click Accept when you RE something? I have no option, let me turn off this message.

I crafted 300x MK-9, call me crazy but I did.. Now imagine RE 3k green heavy armor boots.

I really don't know if I can play this game anymore, the main thing that's killing my fun in the game is crafting professions, these take forever to do and they are all a big money sink yet they are mandatory for high level content such as Biochem, and so for that I choose to give up on the game because it's not fun.

What a load of total nonsense!

Can I have your stuff?

Crafting in this game is not that bad. The only thing that's frustrating at all is reverse engineering for patterns but that's a small gripe overall.

I really don't know if I can play this game anymore, the main thing that's killing my fun in the game is crafting professions, these take forever to do and they are all a big money sink yet they are mandatory for high level content such as Biochem, and so for that I choose to give up on the game because it's not fun.

None of the professions are "needed" at end game. You can buy everything from other crafters, and leveling professions basically earns you money at endgame (the amount varies by profession and by which patterns you have), but that's it. You do know that the reusable biochem stims/adrenals aren't as good as the non-reusable blue ones, right?

OP reeks of ignorance about crafting. This isn't like WoW where professions boost your dps. Everyone can use everything crafters make (with the exception of reusable biochem things) so it literally doesn't matter whether you level professions or not. It's an income stream, yes, so it's helpful, but you could go through the game without leveling a single profession ever.

Edited by Arenatah

I craft in every profession across eight different characters and will branch out into a ninth one once I finish leveling and gearing all of my characters...

This is the ONLY

read ONLY

MMO where I haven't ended up throwing the keyboard through the monitor out of frustration with the crafting engine! In WoW and LOTRO it's wander gather wander gather wander wander gather... in SWG it was pray to GOD the elite mobs weren't sitting on top of gatherable resources.. in EVE its sit sit sit sit sit oh look a pirate sit sit sit sit sit cargo bay full sit sit sit sit sit dock sit sit sit sit... repeat.

And don't even get me STARTED on STO or DCUO's crafting systems - in STO you have to enter systems at random and hope to the MMO gods that the material you're looking for is in this section of space! In DCUO you have to play fricken where's waldo - there's no skill! No leveling required... just wander around and hope to high heaven you get fricken lucky!

This system lets me use my money for something - this system means I can run Ops and solo content and group content and leave the boring 'gathering' to my minions... this is WAY preferable to 'grinding' HOURS in the hopes you'll get a 'purple' level crafting material!

In this game, all you gotta do... is pay up, babe

Crafting is a nice time killer for when I don't feel like doing much of anything but standing around on fleet and socializing.

For the longer missions, crafts, ect, I usually just set it and forget it just before logging off for the night.

As previously mentioned, if you don't enjoy it, don't do it.

This is my 10th month in SWTOR and I never even tried crafting skills. Im a rich , wealthy Jedi Master but I only using gathering crew skills - Slicing , Treasure Hunting. Crafting is not for lazy players like us :D, so dont do it. This game its not about crew skills actually ...

um no, the only crafting skill that even comes close to mandatory is Artifice, for the crystals, everything else you can get as rewards in game.

Besides, I like crafting, most of it is rubbish, but it's fun rubbish, oh look, when my armormech is at 350 I can craft some armour that is way inferior to what I and my companions are currently Using.

Mandatory? What? Non of them are mandatory, he'll I've got nearly a dozen toons between 50-55 and out of all of them I have 1 that is maxed on his crafting skills. He is a biochem toon that made basically a full set of artifact quality med packs, stims, and adrenals to help himself out as a Tankasin. Simply put, if you don't enjoy crafting then don't. Nothing mandates that you have to craft.

No they are not, and since now adrenals and stims are crafted in batches of 3 ( 4 if crit ) , biochem's most definetly not mandatory.

3 lil letters, GTN ( gee-tee-n)